Methadone Treatment Centers Near Montgomery Village, MD
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2035 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Montgomery Village. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Montgomery Village, MD
601 7th St #304, Laurel, MD 20707The staff and owner of the Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their kindness, professionalism, and genuine care towards patients. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and go above and beyond to ensure uninterrupted access to medication and support. The center is described as clean, comfortable, and efficient, with a friendly and fast service.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are kind, professional, and genuinely care about their patients' recovery.
- The crew is knowledgeable and friendly, providing excellent service to their patients.
- The center goes above and beyond to ensure that patients have access to the medication they need, even in challenging situations.
The Freedom Center
202 Perry Pkwy #5, Gaithersburg, MD 20877Customers praise the Methadone treatment center for providing a supportive and understanding environment for their recovery journey. They highlight the staff's knowledge and expertise in addiction treatment, as well as the effectiveness of Methadone in reducing withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Some reviewers express gratitude for the center's flexible scheduling options and the positive impact it has had on their lives.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are incredibly knowledgeable and caring. They take the time to listen to your needs and create a personalized treatment plan that works for you. It's clear that they truly want to help you on your journey to recovery."
- The facilities at this center are top-notch. The clinic is clean, well-maintained, and provides a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. The waiting areas are spacious and there are plenty of resources available to support your recovery journey."
- The center has flexible scheduling options, which is a huge plus for those with busy lives. They offer early morning and late evening appointments, as well as weekend availability. This makes it much easier for individuals to access the necessary treatment without disrupting their daily routines."
Silverman Treatment Solutions
8930 Stanford Blvd Suite M 100, Columbia, MD 21045Overall, the majority of the reviews for Silverman's clinic are positive. Many reviewers mention the caring and helpful staff, as well as the friendly and professional atmosphere. However, a few negative reviews mention favoritism and inconsistent standards in treatment. Overall, the clinic seems to be recommended for those seeking methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff at Silverman's clinic, including the counselors, front desk women, and nursing staff, are described as caring, understanding, and pleasant.
- The clinic is praised for being well-run, with no judgment and a focus on finding solutions. Patients feel comfortable and at home in the facility.
- The center has a professional and knowledgeable staff, including doctors, physician's assistants, and counselors. They provide excellent care and treatment.
Ejal Health Services
7229 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061The Methadone treatment center, Ejal Health Services, receives highly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as professional, friendly, and caring, treating patients with respect and making them feel welcome. The counselors are also praised for their dedication to the recovery of patients. The overall environment is described as clean and the program is considered successful by many.
- Professional and friendly staff who treat patients with respect.
- Counselors who genuinely care about the patients' recovery and provide individualized support.
- The program has been successful for many patients in helping them overcome opioid addiction.
Genesis Treatment Services
1160 W Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21703The reviews for Genesis Treatment Services, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mention the caring, respectful, and professional staff who go above and beyond to help their patients. The clinic is commended for its cleanliness, positive atmosphere, and effectiveness in helping individuals with opioid addiction. A few reviewers express a desire for earlier opening hours, but overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those seeking help with their addiction.
- The staff are very caring and respectful, ensuring patients are comfortable with their dose and providing efficient service.
- The clinic has a welcoming and positive atmosphere, with a friendly and professional staff that genuinely cares about the well-being of patients.
- Genesis Treatment Services is highly recommended for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction, providing a clean and professional environment for recovery.
A Helping Hand
6401 Dogwood Rd #201, Woodlawn, MD 21207The Methadone treatment center, Helping Hands, has received positive reviews for their staff, cleanliness, and professionalism. Patients appreciate the respect and support they receive and feel welcomed and non-judged. The staff goes above and beyond for their patients, offering incentives and extra assistance when needed. However, some reviewers mention a recent increase in strictness regarding Benzodiazepines prescriptions, which has caused some concerns and potential dosage adjustments. Overall, the program is highly recommended and considered one of the best in Maryland.
- Great staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly regarded in the reviews, with multiple reviewers praising their kindness, professionalism, and supportiveness.
- Accommodating and helpful: Reviewers mention that the center goes above and beyond for their patients, offering additional assistance such as providing bus passes and delivering medications to patients' homes when they are unable to make it to the program.
We Care Arundel Health Services
13 Aquahart Rd A, Glen Burnie, MD 21061We Care Methadone treatment center receives high praise for their caring and understanding staff, particularly the nurses. Patients appreciate the individualized attention and the ability to work with the staff on scheduling. Multiple reviewers mention that the center has been instrumental in helping them overcome opioid addiction, with one reviewer crediting the center for saving their life. Overall, We Care is described as a compassionate and effective treatment center.
- The nurses at We Care are caring and understanding, providing support for both patients and their families.
- The clinic is known for being efficient and not as time-consuming compared to other treatment centers.
- The staff, including counselors and nurses, are highly regarded and provide compassionate care, making the detox process more comfortable for patients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started