Methadone Treatment Centers Near Towson, MD
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3590 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Towson. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Towson, MD
Maryland Addiction Recovery Center
8600 Lasalle Rd #212, Towson, MD 21286Reviews for the Methadone treatment center, MARC, are overwhelmingly positive and highlight the life-saving impact the center has had on patients. The therapists and staff are praised for their deep level of care and dedication to helping patients overcome addiction. Many reviewers credit MARC for saving their lives and testify to the center's comprehensive and individualized treatment programs. The facility is considered clean, comfortable, and conducive to healing, and the support extends beyond the completion of the program. Overall, MARC is highly recommended for individuals seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The therapists and staff at MARC are highly dedicated and caring, providing deep levels of support and personalized interventions for patients.
- MARC offers a comprehensive treatment approach, addressing not only addiction but also underlying mental health conditions and the impact on family dynamics.
- The facility is clean, comfortable, and conducive to healing, providing a safe and welcoming environment for recovery.
40 York Rd #201, Towson, MD 21204The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers mention that the staff is friendly, welcoming, and non-judgmental. They also praise the doctors and counselors for their attentiveness and professionalism. The center offers various treatment options and has multiple locations. Overall, patients appreciate the program for helping them in their recovery journey and improving their lives.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is nice, kind, and professional. They create a welcoming and non-judgmental atmosphere for patients.
- Individualized treatment: Patients appreciate that they are not treated as "junkies," but as human beings. The staff takes the time to listen to their concerns and work with them to find the best treatment options.
- Efficient and organized: The clinic is praised for being fast, efficient, and on top of appointments, checks, and reminders. This suggests that they prioritize patient care and provide a well-organized treatment program.
Turning Point Clinic
2401 E North Ave, Baltimore, MD 21213Despite some negative reviews mentioning the presence of drug activity around the clinic and concerns about the pastor running the program, the majority of positive reviews highlight the caring and knowledgeable staff, the program's effectiveness in helping individuals in their recovery journey, and the support provided by counselors. Many reviewers express gratitude for the second chance they were given and emphasize the importance of personal effort and determination in achieving success. The clinic is also commended for its acceptance of clients without insurance and its friendly and courteous staff.
- The counselor at Turning Point Clinic is highly praised by multiple reviewers, indicating that the staff truly cares about their clients and provides support and guidance.
- Reviewers have mentioned that the program at Turning Point Clinic has helped them turn their lives around and overcome addiction, suggesting that the treatment provided is effective.
- The clinic is commended for accepting individuals without insurance, making it accessible to a wider range of people in need of substance abuse treatment.
MedMark Treatment Centers Essex
8909 Kelso Dr, Essex, MD 21221The Methadone treatment center has received multiple positive reviews from patients who appreciate the caring and understanding staff, particularly singling out counselor Ms. Valerie for her support. The center is commended for its compassionate and non-judgmental approach towards patients, as well as the quick intake process and availability of medication. Some reviewers mention minor issues with the front desk and nurses, but overall, patients express gratitude for the center's impact on their recovery and the positive changes it has brought to their lives.
- The staff at this treatment center is caring and compassionate. Many reviewers specifically mention counselors, such as Mrs. Valerie and Pamela Matthew, who go above and beyond to assist clients and provide support.
- The treatment center provides quick and easy intake appointments, with medication provided on the same day. This helps alleviate concerns about withdrawal and allows individuals to start their recovery journey promptly.
- The center offers various groups and programs, such as the Women's Group and relapse prevention groups, which have made a significant impact on clients' recovery. These groups are facilitated by dedicated staff members, such as Ms. Val and Ms. Wanda, who provide valuable lessons and support.
MedMark Treatment Centers Baltimore 101
821 N Eutaw St Suite 101, Baltimore, MD 21201The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews about their counselors, particularly Sharon and Ms. Iesha, who are described as attentive, caring, and genuine. The staff is praised for their respectful and kind treatment towards patients. Several reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their recovery and overall well-being.
- Dedicated and caring counselors: Multiple reviews mention specific counselors who go above and beyond to provide support, check on patients, and genuinely care about their recovery.
- Supportive staff: Many reviews highlight the positive and respectful treatment they receive from the entire staff, including nurses and other employees.
- Effective treatment: Overall, reviewers express that the program works if you put in the effort, indicating that the treatment provided at this center has been beneficial for them.
Concerted Care Group
428 E 25th St, Baltimore, MD 21218CCG is a well-managed Methadone treatment center in Baltimore that operates from 5am to 5pm, offers groups for recovery, and has a mental health department. Patients have reported positive experiences, with some saying they have been helped more at CCG in a short time compared to their previous program. The center also offers additional programs for recovery, catered meals, trips, gift cards, and support in housing and wellness. Overall, CCG is seen as a peaceful and supportive place that helps individuals change their lives for the better.
- Extended operating hours: The center operates from 5am until 5pm, offering convenient treatment options for those who may have busy schedules or conflicting commitments.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Reviewers mentioned counselors who genuinely cared about their recovery, as well as mental health professionals who were part of the clinic's services. This indicates that the center has a supportive and compassionate team.
- Additional recovery programs: The center offers various programs to support recovery, such as IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) with catered meals, trips, and gift cards. These additional services provide extra support and resources for individuals seeking to change their lives.
Eastern Avenue Health Solutions
5920 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224Overall, reviewers had positive experiences with this Methadone treatment center. They appreciated the staff's willingness to help and felt that the program was beneficial for their recovery. Some reviewers also mentioned that the center provides a safe and welcoming environment. The hours of operation and the number system for take-home boxes were areas for improvement, but these were minor issues.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is dedicated and supportive, going above and beyond to help patients, even helping with treatment facility placements.
- The program has helped many individuals improve their quality of life and find a sense of purpose, with one reviewer expressing gratitude for having a life worth living now.
- The clinic operates efficiently and provides a comfortable environment, with friendly and open-minded staff who make patients feel welcome.
Glenwood Life Counseling Center
516 Glenwood Ave, Baltimore, MD 21212The Glenwood Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from long-term patients who credit the program with saving their lives and helping them get their lives back in order. The center has been praised for its relaxed atmosphere, various activities and incentives offered, as well as its caring counselors and medical staff who go above and beyond to support patients. However, there is a suggestion for improvement in treating clients with good records better. Overall, it is recommended as an excellent place to seek treatment for opioid addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff who genuinely care about the clients.
- Relaxed atmosphere with various activities and incentives offered.
- Effective in helping patients get their lives back on track.
Omnis Health Life
2200 Garrison Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21216The reviews suggest that the Methadone treatment center has a caring, supportive, and helpful staff. The counselors are praised for their knowledge and personal experience with addiction. The facility is also mentioned to be clean and conveniently located. Overall, the center is highly recommended by the reviewers for its compassionate staff and beneficial groups.
- The staff is described as helpful, caring, and supportive, providing assistance with necessary tasks and showing genuine care for the clients.
- The counselors are highly regarded, providing helpful and insightful information, and having the clients' best interests at heart.
- The center is praised for its clean and convenient location, making it easily accessible for clients.
Belair Health Solutions
4825 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21206This Methadone treatment center has been praised for its great staff, who are described as caring, efficient, and always willing to go out of their way to help. The clinic is also commended for its clean and well-kept facilities. Unlike other clinics in the area, this center does not have issues with clients hanging around and selling drugs, making it a recommended choice for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and efficient, providing excellent service.
- The clinic has a clean and well-kept environment, making it a comfortable choice for recovery.
- The clinic has a diverse group of clients, free from drug dealing and illegal activities typically associated with other methadone clinics in the area.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started