Methadone Treatment Centers Near Waldorf, MD
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 912 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Waldorf. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Waldorf, MD
Outreach Suboxone and MAT Addiction Clinics- Waldorf
11340 Pembrooke Square suite 214, Waldorf, MD 20603The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with patients praising the helpful and friendly staff, particularly individuals named Amber, Tracey, and Dr. Stella Ogoko. Patients express gratitude for the support they receive, and some mention that the center has played a significant role in their recovery. However, one review criticizes the center as a "money making gimmick."
- The staff, including Atoria Huddleston, Chloe, Tracy, Amber, and Dr. Stella Ogoko, are highly praised for being helpful, caring, and supportive.
- The office is described as a great environment with friendly and accommodating staff who go above and beyond to meet the needs of their clients.
- The center is credited with helping patients overcome addiction and improve their mental health through treatment and therapy.
Another Way - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
1363 Holton Ln, Takoma Park, MD 20912Overall, the reviews of this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. One reviewer described the clinic as a literal heaven compared to their previous clinic. Another reviewer expressed how much they loved the program and appreciated the professional and friendly staff. One reviewer mentioned that the clinic saved their life and emphasized the importance of being serious about treatment.
- Warm and welcoming environment: One reviewer describes the clinic as "literal heaven" compared to their previous treatment center, indicating that the atmosphere is comfortable and pleasant for patients.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's professionalism and mention specific staff members like Debbie, indicating the presence of a caring and helpful team.
- Effective treatment: Several reviewers mention that the clinic played a significant role in helping them get clean and even "saved their life." This highlights the effectiveness of the treatment offered at the center.
New Journey - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
32 Defense St, Annapolis, MD 21401The Methadone treatment center offers flexible payment options, including payment plans and a sliding scale based on income. The doctors, nurses, and counselors are praised for their dedication and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients. The director Stephanie and counselor Angela are specifically mentioned for their exceptional support, but overall, the entire staff is described as friendly and caring.
- Flexible payment options: The center is willing to work with individuals who have no insurance and offers payment plans. They also have a sliding scale based on income, making it accessible for a wide range of individuals.
- Supportive and dedicated staff: The doctors, nurses, counselors, and director are described as amazing and willing to go above and beyond to provide the help that individuals need. They create a comfortable and supportive environment for patients.
- Friendly atmosphere: The center is commended for its friendly staff, with specific mentions of the director and Angela. The overall positive experience with the entire team suggests a welcoming and warm environment for patients.
Open ARMMS Inc - Methadone Clinic & Suboxone Clinic
2590 Business Park Dr, Waldorf, MD 20601These reviews overwhelmingly praise the Methadone treatment center, Open Armms, for saving lives and providing support for recovery. Many reviewers express gratitude for the caring staff, including the Clinical Manager, receptionist, and nursing staff. There is also appreciation for the Women's Group and the tools provided for personal and professional growth. One reviewer mentions a negative comment from a person named Shannon, blaming co-dependent individuals for hindering addicts' recovery. Another reviewer asks for understanding and support instead of judgment for their loved one struggling with addiction.
- Supportive and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews highlight the caring and dedicated nature of the clinic's staff, including the clinical manager, receptionist, counselors, and nursing staff. Patients feel supported and cared for throughout their treatment journey.
- Sense of belonging and community: The women's group at the clinic provides a real sense of belonging and the opportunity to make new friends. This sense of community can be crucial in recovery, offering support and encouragement from individuals who share similar experiences.
- Effective treatment program: Several reviewers credit the clinic with saving their lives and helping them remain sober. The program provides necessary tools for personal and professional growth, instilling a sense of responsibility and aiding in the recovery process.
Ejal Health Services
7229 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many praising the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. The counselors are described as caring and supportive, and the overall environment is clean and welcoming. Some reviewers mention specific staff members who made a significant impact on their recovery journey. However, a few reviewers suggest that the program could benefit from additional counseling or therapy options.
- Friendly and professional staff who treat patients with respect and care.
- Counselors are highly praised and seen as helpful and caring.
- Clean and welcoming environment that puts patients at ease.
We Care Health Services Inc
8730 Cherry Ln, Laurel, MD 20707The reviews mainly highlight the positive experiences that patients have had at this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the professionalism, friendliness, and compassion of the staff, particularly Mrs. Mary, the office manager. The clinic is described as well-run and non-judgmental, with employees who go above and beyond in providing care. Overall, patients feel welcomed and supported at this center and would recommend it to others seeking treatment.
- Friendly and compassionate staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff members at this Methadone treatment center are friendly and show genuine care and compassion towards the patients.
- Professional and courteous: Several reviewers appreciate the professionalism and courtesy displayed by the staff members. They feel welcomed and respected at the center, without any judgment or stereotyping.
- Well-managed and clean facility: One review specifically mentions that the clinic is well-run and clean, indicating a high level of organization and hygiene in the treatment center.
440 Solomons Island Rd N, Prince Frederick, MD 20678The Methadone treatment center is highly praised for saving lives and having a professional and supportive staff. The counselors are particularly highlighted for their expertise. While there may have been some issues with certain individuals in the past, the center has improved and is highly appreciated for the help it provides in overcoming addiction and rebuilding lives.
- Professional and dedicated staff who are highly praised by patients.
- The center has improved over time, with a stronger team of counselors now.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started