Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Springfield, MA
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Springfield for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 239 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Springfield can cater to your needs.
Top 11 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Springfield, MA
SaVida Health West Springfield
50 Union St, West Springfield, MA 01089The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the helpful and recommendable nature of the team, the relaxed and positive atmosphere, the professionalism of the staff, the clean and organized facility, the personalized approach to treatment, the compassionate and understanding providers, the friendly and flexible office staff, the knowledgeable and energetic counselor, the welcoming and easy-to-talk-to demeanor of the staff, the caring and loving treatment, the focus on wellness, the positive experience of the first visit, the caring and compassionate staff, the great patient interaction, the long-term sobriety achieved, the individualized treatment plans, the kind and respectful staff, the ability to save lives, the supportive and accommodating environment, and the expert and caring providers.
- The staff is caring, professional, and supportive. They make patients feel relaxed and positive, and they genuinely care about each individual's recovery journey.
- The facility is clean, organized, and well-managed. Patients appreciate the welcoming environment and the efficient appointment process.
- The providers and counselors are knowledgeable and dedicated to helping patients achieve their recovery goals. They work together as a team and are flexible with individual needs.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
1985 Main St E, Springfield, MA 01103The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for being professional, discreet, and fast. The staff is described as excellent, warm, respectful, and kind, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Patients have commended their communication, support, and polite treatment.
- Very professional and discreet approach to treatment.
- Staff is caring, respectful, and treats patients with equal respect and kindness.
- Helpful and friendly team dedicated to the recovery of patients.
Health Care Resource Centers Westfield
130 Southampton Rd Ste. 4, Westfield, MA 01085The addiction treatment center (HCRC) has received many positive reviews. Patients mention that the staff treats everyone with respect, goes above and beyond to help, and are supportive, caring, and non-judgmental. Many recommend HCRC for those serious about recovery and commend the director for their dedication.
- Staff is caring and goes above and beyond to help patients.
- The director and counselors treat patients with respect and support their recovery journey.
- The clinic is recommended by multiple reviewers and has made a positive impact on their lives.
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
900 Memorial Ave, West Springfield, MA 01089Positive reviews mention that the addiction treatment center is professional, thorough, and helpful. They appreciate the friendly staff and providers who genuinely care about their recovery. They praise the center for helping them stay clean for several years and recommend it to those who need assistance.
- Answered all questions and professional staff.
- Helped the reviewer stay clean for almost 5 years.
- Prompt and fast help in getting treatment.
- Polite, kind, and helpful providers and staff.
- They get you in right away for help.
- Thorough and lots of paperwork to ensure proper treatment.
Health Care Resource Centers Chicopee
628 Center St, Chicopee, MA 01013Positive reviews mention that the addiction treatment center has helpful and caring staff who make patients feel comfortable. They also mention that the center provides solid counseling and has effective medication assisted treatment. Additionally, one review expresses gratitude towards the management for their assistance in starting a new chapter in life.
- The clinic has saved multiple lives and provided effective medication-assisted treatment.
- The counselors at the clinic are caring and provide great support to patients.
511 E Columbus Ave, Springfield, MA 01105The addiction treatment center has been praised by many reviewers for their friendly staff and supportive environment. Patients appreciate the care and support they receive from the counselors and staff members who are always there for them. The clinic is also commended for its quick assistance and short wait times, making it an efficient place to start treatment.
- Friendly staff who are supportive and caring
- Quick intake process and minimal wait times
- Safe environment for recovery and growth
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
306 Race St #2nd, Holyoke, MA 01040The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for their passionate and non-judgmental counselor, friendly and helpful staff, and compassionate and understanding approach to treatment. Clients also appreciate the personalized long-term care and high success rate for opiate treatment options. However, there are some negative reviews regarding administrative issues, such as mistakes with prescriptions and double charges for copay. Additionally, there are mixed reviews about the professionalism and organization of the staff, with some mentioning disorganization and frequent staff turnover.
- Passionate and professional staff who are non-judgmental and provide excellent listening skills.
- Overwhelmingly gracious and understanding staff who work collaboratively for the clients' best interest and show compassion.
- Personalized long-term care with a high success rate and flexible prescription appointments.
Phoenix House Springfield
5 Madison Ave, Springfield, MA 01105The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the life-changing experiences and personal growth achieved during their stay. The program helped individuals find stability, regain control of their lives, and establish fulfilling relationships. The caring and dedicated staff members played a significant role in their successful recovery journeys.
- The addiction treatment center has a positive impact on individuals' lives, helping them get back on track and achieve stability in terms of relationships, employment, and personal growth.
- The center provides a structured and accountable environment that fosters self-discovery and personal responsibility, ultimately leading to long-term sobriety.
- The staff genuinely cares about the well-being of the clients and goes above and beyond to support them in their recovery journey.
Clinical & Support Options
1 Federal St Building 102, Springfield, MA 01109The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mention the receptionist who shows empathy towards clients.
- Long-term receptionist with empathy - One reviewer mentioned that the receptionist at this addiction treatment center has been there for years and shows empathy towards clients.
- Awareness of insurance coverage - Despite a negative experience, the center was aware of the insurance coverage and referred the client to another professional when they couldn't provide the required therapy.
- Non-profit - The center is described as a "non-profit," which suggests that they may have a focus on providing affordable or accessible treatment options for individuals seeking addiction rehabilitation.
Connecticut Behavioral Health Associates Center for Specialized Services
620 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340The addiction treatment center is praised for its accommodating approach to patients' needs, which likely contributes to successful and long-term engagement with their services. Multiple reviewers highlight the compassionate and caring nature of the doctors at the center, emphasizing their dedication to providing quality treatment. The establishment is also commended for its efficiency and management, particularly mentioning the positive experience with Dr. Noaman.
- Accommodating to patient needs: The addiction treatment center is praised for being very accommodating to the needs of their patients. This suggests that the center takes individualized care seriously and strives to create a comfortable and supportive environment for those seeking treatment.
- Compassionate doctors: The reviews highlight the compassionate nature of the doctors at the addiction treatment center. This indicates that the doctors prioritize the well-being and emotional needs of their patients, which can be an important factor in successful rehabilitation.
- Well-run establishment: The center is described as well-run, which suggests efficient processes and organizational skills. This can give potential patients confidence in the quality and professionalism of the addiction treatment center. Additionally, the mention of a specific doctor, Dr. Noaman being great, adds a personal touch, indicating the presence of competent and caring staff.
Natchaug Hospital- Rivereast Treatment Center
Rivereast Treatment Center, 428 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center at Natchaug in Vernon highlight the outstanding and caring staff who go above and beyond to help their patients. One reviewer mentioned that they received assistance with their hearing issues and were even provided with financial support for hearing aids. The facility is praised for its compassionate and helpful staff who are dedicated to their patients' well-being.
- Staff goes above and beyond to ensure the needs of patients are met, showing genuine care and kindness.
- The IOP program at Natchaug in Vernon is highly regarded and appreciated by clients.
- The office manager and program director, Jackie and Karen, respectively, are mentioned as outstanding and going above and beyond for patients.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started