Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dedham, MA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2316 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Dedham. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dedham, MA
New Horizons Medical
214 Howard St, Framingham, MA 01702The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews, with many praising the staff for their kindness, professionalism, and dedication to patient care. Chris, in particular, is mentioned multiple times as being helpful and understanding. Patients appreciate the accommodating nature of the clinic, including their willingness to work with probation and their commitment to individualized care. The atmosphere is described as positive and welcoming, and the clinic is recommended for both its medication and therapy services.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their positivity, helpfulness, and understanding. They are described as caring, timely, and putting others before themselves.
- The center takes the time to get to know each patient personally, including their specific needs, and provides compassionate and caring treatment.
- The front desk staff, specifically Chris and Marsha, are consistently mentioned as being professional, friendly, and extremely helpful, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients. They are commended for their quick and efficient resolution of any issues or concerns.
Boston Comprehensive Treatment Center
99 Topeka St, Boston, MA 02118The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with multiple reviewers expressing gratitude for how the clinic and its staff have saved and transformed their lives. Compliance with the program's requirements is emphasized as important for success, and the staff is commended for their efforts in helping patients despite facing challenges. There is a mention of celebrating many years of being clean, indicating long-term success and satisfaction with the clinic.
- Long-term success: One reviewer mentioned celebrating 17 years clean after receiving treatment at the clinic, indicating long-term success and effectiveness.
- Supportive staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the understanding and dedicated staff, suggesting a supportive environment for recovery.
- Life-saving: Several reviewers expressed gratitude for the clinic, stating that it saved their lives, emphasizing the effectiveness of the treatment provided.
Lynn Comprehensive Treatment Center
11 Circle Ave, Lynn, MA 01905This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the caring and professional staff, including knowledgeable nurses and dedicated counselors. The center offers same day dosing for new clients, with the opportunity to apply for take-home medication after three months. While there have been some complaints about counselor turnover, overall, patients believe that as long as they follow the rules and attend required sessions, this center is effective in helping them recover from opioid addiction.
- Same day dosing options for new clients on Tuesday and Friday.
- Knowledgeable and caring nurses and dedicated counselors.
- Helpful and friendly staff, including security guards and front desk personnel.
71 Washington St, Brighton, MA 02135Column Health is highly praised by multiple reviewers for their caring, nonjudgmental, and professional staff. The center is described as organized, competent, and ahead of the curve in handling addiction health issues. Many reviewers credit Column Health with saving their lives and highlight the compassionate and understanding doctors. The overall feedback is overwhelmingly positive, with reviewers commending the facility for its exemplary service and recommending it as a top-notch clinic for addiction and mental health.
- The staff and doctors at Column Health are highly praised for their professionalism, compassion, and dedication to patient care. They are described as helpful, friendly, and understanding, making patients feel comfortable and accepted.
- The treatment center is seen as providing top-notch care and recovery support. Patients appreciate the organization, competence, and integrity of the clinic. The facility is described as legitimate, thorough, and efficient, providing timely and thorough service from reception to doctors.
- Column Health is commended for its nonjudgmental approach to addiction treatment. The center is described as a safe and supportive environment where patients feel accepted and valued. The staff is said to genuinely care about the well-being and recovery of their patients.
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc.
178 Winter St, Weymouth, MA 02188The majority of the reviews are extremely positive, with multiple people stating that the clinic and its staff saved their lives and helped them recover from addiction. The directors and clinicians are highly praised for their dedication and support. While there are a few minor complaints about inconsistency or lack of compassion from some staff members, overall, this Methadone treatment center is highly recommended by its patients for its effectiveness and affordability.
- Highly qualified and supportive staff: The clinic has nurses, clinicians, and a director who are praised for their exceptional care and support. Patients credit them for their recovery success and improved quality of life.
- Positive atmosphere: Patients feel welcomed and supported at the clinic, making it an ideal place for recovery. The staff is described as compassionate, genuine, and caring, creating a positive and encouraging environment.
- Note: The reviews did not provide specific details regarding pricing, insurance coverage, or security measures.
Health Care Resource Centers Chelsea
175 Crescent Ave, Chelsea, MA 02150The majority of the reviews for HCRC Methadone Treatment Center are positive, with praise for the supportive and kind staff. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them maintain sobriety. However, there are a few comments about the need for more staff and improvements in patient care. Overall, it is considered one of the better options for opioid treatment.
- Supportive and kind staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is supportive and kind.
- Comfortable and safe environment: Patients emphasize that the center provides a comfortable and safe place for treatment.
- Life-saving: Several reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and express gratitude for the help they have received.
Health Care Resource Centers Boston
23 Bradston St First Floor, Boston, MA 02118The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from several patients. They appreciate the caring and supportive staff, including the director and nurses, who go above and beyond to assist patients in their journey towards sobriety. The clinic is commended for its fairness, respect, and willingness to accommodate patients, although some mention the inconvenience of having to wait in line everyday. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its life-saving treatment and compassionate approach.
- The staff at this clinic is described as amazing, caring, and willing to go the extra mile to help patients.
- The clinic is highly praised for providing fair treatment, working with patients respectfully, and having a staff that does an amazing job.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started