Methadone Treatment Centers Near Hyannis, MA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2133 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Hyannis. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Hyannis, MA
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
68 Camp St # 1, Hyannis, MA 02601The majority of the reviews for Clean Slate Methadone treatment center in Hyannis are highly positive. Patients appreciate the supportive and accommodating front desk staff, as well as the understanding and helpful doctors. The center is described as professional, comfortable, and timely, with many reviewers recommending it. However, there is one review that mentions dissatisfaction with the service provided.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers: Many customers have expressed their high recommendation for Clean Slate, emphasizing the positive experiences they have had with the center and its staff.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff at Clean Slate, including the front desk personnel and the medical receptionist, are repeatedly praised for their kindness, understanding, and helpfulness. Reviewers mention feeling comfortable and at ease during their visits.
- Attentive and informative doctors: Reviewers note that the doctors at Clean Slate are attentive, informative, and make them feel at home. They appreciate the professionalism and caring approach of the medical staff.
Health Care Resource Centers New Bedford
8 Kilburn St, New Bedford, MA 02740The majority of the reviews express gratitude and appreciation for the Methadone treatment center and its staff, highlighting how they have helped individuals regain control of their lives and overcome addiction. The staff is described as friendly, supportive, and resourceful. The center is praised for being quick and efficient, and there is mention of successful transitions to other medications when needed. Overall, the reviews suggest that this treatment center is effective in helping individuals recover from opioid addiction.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews highlight how the staff at the Methadone treatment center are helpful, friendly, and supportive, making patients feel comfortable and welcome.
- Life-saving support: Several reviews express gratitude for the clinic's assistance in getting their lives back on track and helping them overcome addiction. The staff, from security to nurses to counselors, are credited with saving lives and providing essential support.
- Efficient and quick service: Patients appreciate the clinic's efficiency, with one review highlighting how they are in and out quickly. This is seen as an improvement over a sister clinic in Boston.
261 North St, Hyannis, MA 02601The Methadone treatment center, known as Column Health, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the staff for their compassion, kindness, and professionalism. The center is described as clean, accommodating, and helpful in providing support for addiction recovery. Some reviewers mention specific doctors, such as Chris Ortiz and Dr. Laurine Thornton, as being exceptional in their care. The only negative aspect mentioned is the limited parking availability at one location. Overall, Column Health is highly recommended for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- The staff is caring and compassionate, going above and beyond for their patients.
- The appointment times are accurate, with minimal wait times, and the staff is efficient in getting patients in and out.
- The center is clean and inviting, and the reception staff is excellent in working with patients.
Duffy Health Center
94 Main St, Hyannis, MA 02601The majority of the reviews for Duffy Health Center are positive, with many praising the caring and helpful staff. However, there were some concerns raised about long wait times due to a shortage of staff. Overall, it seems that Duffy Health Center provides comprehensive healthcare services and is dedicated to helping their patients with their medical and behavioral health needs.
- The staff at Duffy Health Center is described as thorough, compassionate, and professional.
- The center offers a variety of services, including counseling, correct medications, and access to showers.
- Patients appreciate that the staff is non-judgmental and genuinely cares about their individual needs.
Health Care Resource Centers Attleboro
23 N Main St, Attleboro, MA 02703The Methadone treatment center is praised for its caring and supportive staff, particularly the director Edyta who is described as kind, sweet, and genuinely caring. The clinic is commended for its positive energy and welcoming atmosphere. Many reviewers note significant improvements in their overall health and well-being since receiving treatment at the center. However, there are some concerns about staff turnover and occasional issues with scheduling.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center, especially the director Edyta, genuinely care about the patients. They take the time to get to know the patients and provide one-on-one help and support.
- The clinic is described as amazing and great, with a positive and welcoming atmosphere. The staff, including the director, nurses, and clinicians, are kind, compassionate, and understanding. They treat patients with respect and kindness, making them feel valued and supported in their recovery journey.
- The facility is clean, organized, and well-managed. The staff is professional and efficient, ensuring that the line moves fast and wait times are usually short. They listen to and address patient requests, providing a calm and stress-free environment for making positive changes in life.
Health Care Resource Centers Boston
23 Bradston St First Floor, Boston, MA 02118This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the caring and dedicated staff, including the director and nurses, who go above and beyond to help them stay sober. The clinic is described as the best, with a fair and respectful environment, although some wish there were fewer lines for daily medication. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended, with patients mentioning that it has been instrumental in saving their lives and providing a safe and supportive place for recovery.
- The staff, including the director and nurses, are caring and willing to go above and beyond to help patients.
- The clinic has a fair and supportive environment, with a director who sticks to their word and a staff that works with patients to meet their needs.
Cape Cod Recovery - Alcohol Rehab
760 Main St #7, Hyannis, MA 02601The Methadone treatment center is highly praised by patients and their family members for helping them achieve sobriety and improve their lives. The staff, including the owner Scott, are described as caring and supportive, with many of them being in recovery themselves. The facility is also commended for its clean and welcoming environment.
- The staff genuinely cares and provides personalized attention and support to patients, even after completing the program.
- The facility is clean, safe, and welcoming, providing a comfortable and supportive environment for recovery.
- The program's structure has shown to be effective in helping patients improve their lives and achieve long-term sobriety.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started