Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Dartmouth, MA
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1386 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in North Dartmouth. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near North Dartmouth, MA
CleanSlate Outpatient Addiction Medicine
92 Grape St, New Bedford, MA 02740The majority of the reviews express positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center, mentioning friendly and helpful staff, efficiency, and a clean atmosphere. However, some reviews mention longer wait times for appointments and a sense of control from the staff. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and looking to start their path to recovery.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the people working at the Methadone treatment center are polite, kind, and treat patients with respect.
- Efficient and time-effective: Patients have reported that the appointment process is quick and efficient, allowing them to accomplish a lot in a short time.
- Good atmosphere: The center is described as clean and friendly, creating a positive environment for recovery.
Gifford Street Comprehensive Treatment Center
34 Gifford St, New Bedford, MA 02744The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews with praise for its effective counseling and psychiatric services. Customers appreciate the supportive and dedicated staff, and the overall atmosphere of the center appears to be conducive to recovery.
- Offers comprehensive counseling and psychiatric services for drug addiction.
- Foster a supportive and passionate community that helps each other in recovery.
- Provides fast and dedicated service, showing a commitment to assisting those seeking help.
Health Care Resource Centers New Bedford
8 Kilburn St, New Bedford, MA 02740The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers express gratitude for the supportive and friendly staff, mentioning that the center has helped them get their lives back on track and save their lives. Patients also appreciate the quick service and the option to switch to Suboxone when needed. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those serious about overcoming addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to support patients in getting their lives back on track.
- Quick and efficient service, with a friendly staff that makes patients feel welcomed.
- Effective in helping patients achieve sobriety and providing resources for addiction counseling.
East Wareham Comprehensive Treatment Center
3088A Cranberry Hwy, East Wareham, MA 02538The Methadone treatment center has an amazing staff that works with individuals and is credited by a reviewer as saving their life. Another reviewer expresses gratitude for the treatment provided, stating that it has been the only effective method for them. Overall, the center receives high praise for potentially life-saving results.
- Personalized, individualized approach: Multiple reviews highlight that the staff at this Methadone treatment center works with patients as individuals, providing a personalized approach to their treatment.
- Life-saving: Several reviews mention that the treatment at this center has saved their lives, indicating its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
- Grateful patients: Reviewers express their gratitude towards the center and its staff, suggesting a positive experience and a high level of satisfaction with the services provided.
386 Stanley St, Fall River, MA 02720Overall, SSTAR Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews. Patients appreciate the comfortable observation room with heated massage chairs and the ability to smoke cigarettes during the detox process. The staff is highly praised for their support, care, and ability to quickly adapt to the challenges presented by the pandemic. The center is seen as a life-saving resource, providing help not only with addiction but also with mental health and everyday issues.
- Comfortable and supportive environment: The center has a fantastic observation room with heated massage chairs, providing a comfortable and relaxing experience. The staff is described as caring and supportive, creating a positive atmosphere for recovery.
- Flexible programs and resources: The center offers a variety of therapy groups and programs, including in-person and virtual options. They have adapted quickly during the pandemic to continue providing support and assistance. They also provide a holding area for individuals who need longer-term care.
- Supportive staff: The staff at SSTAR is highly praised for their support and dedication in helping individuals overcome addiction. They are described as friendly and go above and beyond, even bringing in games and treats to make the experience more enjoyable.
High Point Outpatient
68 N Front St, New Bedford, MA 02740WATC is a caring and dedicated Methadone treatment center with a team of professionals who have a deep understanding of addiction and are devoted to supporting the journey to recovery. The center may be a little outdated and lacking in some basics, but it provides amazing care. While the receptionist may be rude and unresponsive, the staff, including the therapist, is highly regarded and the center is considered the best place for substance abuse, recovery, and psychiatric services.
- Caring and dedicated staff who go above and beyond to provide amazing care.
- Deep understanding of addiction and a team of professionals devoted to supporting the journey through recovery.
Taunton Comprehensive Treatment Center
66 Main St, Taunton, MA 02780The majority of the reviews express gratitude and praise for the Methadone treatment center, emphasizing how it has saved lives and provided a structured and caring environment for recovery. Reviewers mention the importance of individualized treatment and the staff's commitment to safety and confidentiality. Some reviews address criticisms and defend the center, stating that isolated incidents are inevitable but the staff is unlikely to intentionally harm or jeopardize treatment.
- The staff is caring and dedicated, providing great support to patients.
- The treatment center prioritizes safety and security, ensuring patients and staff are always protected.
- The program offers a structured and confidential environment, making it a healthier option for recovery compared to going alone.
Fall River Comprehensive Treatment Center
22 Front St, Fall River, MA 02721The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as pleasant and the clinic is praised for being clean. A security guard named Brittany is highly regarded. Overall, the center is said to be helpful in turning one's life around if the individual is committed to sobriety.
- Pleasant staff: The center received positive feedback regarding the staff, being described as very pleasant to the clients.
- Clean facilities: In contrast to other clinics, this particular center is noted for being clean, indicating a well-maintained environment.
- Supportive security guard: The presence of a security guard named Brittany is highly praised, suggesting that the center values both safety and a positive atmosphere for clients.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started