Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canton, MI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2644 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Canton. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canton, MI
3300 Washtenaw Ave # 280, Ann Arbor, MI 48104The reviews of the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Users appreciate the online treatment approach, as it is convenient and helps them feel less judged. The staff, including counselors and doctors, are highly knowledgeable and supportive, and the program offers various resources and tools for recovery. Overall, users believe that the center is effective in helping them overcome opioid addiction.
- Online Treatment: The center offers online treatment, which provides convenience and flexibility for individuals who may have hesitations about in-person treatment.
- Supportive Staff: The counselors and staff at the center have personal experience with addiction, making them relatable and understanding. They provide support and cheer clients on throughout their journey.
- Comprehensive Program: The center offers a range of courses and resources that help clients learn effective strategies for recovery and deal with different situations. The program is tailored to each individual's needs.
Community Medical Services
25639 Ford Rd, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127The reviews for the Methadone treatment center generally seem positive, with many mentioning the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. Some reviewers specifically praise the nurses for being nice and patient. While the center has its ups and downs, it is seen as a good option for those looking to get off long-term opiates and stay functional in society.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Many reviewers mentioned the kindness and patience of the nurses and staff in this Methadone treatment center. They also highlighted the speed and efficiency of the service.
- Supportive and understanding: The center appears to be understanding and lenient towards patients who may face challenges with timely payments. They aim to create a non-judgmental environment, focusing on helping individuals stay drug-free and reintegrate into society.
- Professional and experienced: The center is praised for its experienced staff and professional approach to treatment. Reviewers appreciated the professionalism of the counselors and staff members, highlighting their expertise in providing effective treatment for opioid addiction.
Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center
522 S Maple Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103The reviews about the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many people credit the treatment for saving their lives and helping them achieve stability in various aspects, such as relationships, jobs, and housing. The staff is highly praised for being caring, supportive, and professional. Some reviewers highlight specific individuals who have made a positive impact on their recovery. Overall, the center is described as a safe and welcoming environment where people receive the necessary support for their journey towards sobriety.
- Non-judgmental atmosphere: Multiple reviewers mentioned feeling welcomed and not judged at the center, creating a supportive environment for recovery.
- Life-changing treatment: Several reviewers credited the methadone treatment at the center for turning their lives around, enabling them to achieve stability, rebuild relationships, and maintain sobriety.
- Caring and friendly staff: Reviewers praised the staff for their friendliness, dedication, and genuine concern for the patients' recovery. Certain staff members like Terry, Ginger, Dr. Price, and Christine Harris were specifically mentioned for their exceptional support.
Advanced Rapid Detox
4777 Outer Drive E Conner Creek Hospital Unit 2 West, Detroit, MI 48234The Methadone treatment center, Advanced Rapid Detox, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many patients note that the staff, including Laura, Ben, and Dr. Aharonov, were extremely helpful and provided excellent care throughout their detox process. Patients expressed gratitude for regaining control of their lives, feeling free from addiction, and experiencing positive changes in their overall well-being. The center is praised for its effective approach to detoxification and for saving lives.
- The staff at Advanced Rapid Detox is described as amazing, caring, and supportive. Many reviewers mention specific staff members by name, such as Laura, Ben, and Dr. Aharonov, and express gratitude for their help in turning their lives around.
- The procedure at Advanced Rapid Detox is highly effective in helping individuals detox off of methadone and other opioids. Reviewers praise the rapid detox method for helping them become opioid-free and regain control of their lives. Some describe the experience as life-changing and mention feeling like a completely different person after the procedure.
- The facility itself is clean and welcoming, and reviewers mention feeling comfortable and at home during their time there. The positive and supportive environment, combined with the expertise of the staff, contributes to the overall effectiveness of the treatment.
1010 E West Maple Rd suite 200, Walled Lake, MI 48390The majority of the reviews express concerns about the effectiveness and compassion of the Methadone program at Therapeutics. Some reviewers feel that the staff lacks experience and that Methadone is only a temporary solution. However, there are also positive reviews highlighting the nice staff, quick visits, and the positive impact the center has had on their recovery. It is mentioned that Therapeutics is taking on new clients from another closed facility.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at the Methadone treatment center are nice, understanding, respectful, and passionate about their patients. They make patients feel comfortable, assist in their recovery, and provide quick visits.
- Convenient and efficient services: Patients appreciate the smooth process at the center, from the receptionists to the dosing window. They also mention that the counselors are cool and supportive. The center offers physical therapy and is convenient for Uber pickups.
13575 Lesure St, Detroit, MI 48227The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is highly praised for their kindness, professionalism, and willingness to help. Patients appreciate the personal attention and respect they receive at the center. However, some mention issues with other patients being pushy and rude. Overall, the center is recommended for those serious about recovery and seeking a supportive environment.
- The staff is caring, friendly, and attentive, providing excellent support and guidance throughout the recovery journey.
- The clinic is clean, and the doctor keeps patients informed about their treatment.
- The center treats patients with dignity and respect, creating a welcoming and client-friendly environment.
Quality Behavioral Health
37490 Dequindre Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310The Methadone treatment center has a caring and understanding staff who are dedicated to helping patients. They are flexible with payment options and provide a stress-free intake experience. The new building is praised for being amazing, and the security guard is described as cool. Overall, the center is highly recommended for their friendly and knowledgeable staff and clean facilities.
- Flexible payment options for self-pay patients and a caring and understanding staff who prioritize patient needs.
- Efficient and quick process for receiving medication, with minimal wait times, especially for those who arrive early in the morning.
- New and beautiful facility for withdrawal management and residential programs, creating a comfortable environment for treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started