Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kalamazoo, MI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2527 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Kalamazoo. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kalamazoo, MI
VICTORY CLINIC Kzoo
401 Howard St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001The majority of the reviews are positive, stating that the staff is respectful and helpful in supporting addiction recovery. Some reviewers mention that following the rules is important for success. However, there is one negative review that claims the staff only cares about money and may put individuals back on drugs. Overall, the majority of reviewers appreciate the support and positive atmosphere of the treatment center.
- Staff are nice, respectful, and supportive.
- The clinic provides a supportive and friendly environment for recovery.
- The program has been successful in helping individuals get clean and on the right path.
Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center
3584 Fairlanes Ave SW STE 2, Grandville, MI 49418The Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center in Grandville is highly recommended by reviewers, with multiple mentions of friendly staff who go above and beyond to help clients with their addiction and life needs. The clinic is praised for its effectiveness in helping clients recover from opioid addiction and save lives. Reviewers appreciate the respectful and caring treatment they receive at the clinic, highlighting the staff's dedication to supporting recovery.
- Friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond to help clients with their addiction and life needs.
- Clean facility with helpful and quick dosing process.
- Non-judgmental and respectful atmosphere with a focus on recovery.
1620 44th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508The Methadone treatment center received multiple positive reviews from patients. The center is praised for its cleanliness, organized procedures, respectful staff, and upfront billing. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful counselors who are dedicated to treating the whole person. The facility is seen as an upgrade from a previous location and is described as clean and efficient. Overall, the center is considered a lifesaving option for opioid addiction.
- Well-organized and orderly: The center has a system in place to prevent chaos and fights in line, creating a more comfortable environment for patients.
- Clean and upgraded facility: The center is described as fresh, clean, and upgraded, providing a pleasant atmosphere for treatment.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The staff at the center are described as caring, helpful, committed, and invested in the well-being of patients. They provide top-notch counseling and support.
10499 48th St, Augusta, MI 49012Skywood Recovery is highly praised by reviewers for its effectiveness in treating addiction and providing a supportive and caring environment. Many reviewers mention excellent staff, informative classes, and delicious food. The community and amenities are also highlighted as positive aspects of the treatment center. Some reviewers suggest more emphasis on community support groups, while one reviewer mentions overcrowding as a downside. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Skywood Recovery for anyone struggling with addiction.
- Skywood Recovery offers a holistic approach to treatment, addressing both physical and mental health needs. They provide informative and helpful group presentations, therapy appointments, and classes that focus on specific aspects of recovery.
- The staff at Skywood Recovery are caring, compassionate, and authentic. They go above and beyond to support individuals through the challenging process of recovery. Patients feel heard, cared for, and supported by the staff throughout their stay.
- The facility at Skywood Recovery is clean and comfortable, offering a peaceful and beautiful setting for treatment. The food is consistently praised as excellent, and the rooms are nice. The amenities, such as the gym and yoga classes, are helpful for individuals on their recovery journey.
Harbortown Treatment Center
1022 E Main St, Benton Harbor, MI 49022The Harbortown treatment center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for their effective and caring treatment of opioid addiction using Methadone. The staff is praised for being supportive and helpful in navigating the program and obtaining the necessary medication. However, some reviewers suggest that the clinic should have extended hours to accommodate individuals who work. Overall, the center is seen as a valuable resource for those seeking recovery.
- Staff is wonderful and caring: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Harbortown treatment center is friendly and supportive, showing genuine concern for the well-being of the patients.
- Efficient and fast service: One review specifically mentions that the center was able to help the patient with insurance, paperwork, and medication in just one day, indicating that the process is streamlined and efficient.
- Effective in helping patients: Several reviews express gratitude and recommend the center for helping them in their recovery journey, highlighting the effectiveness of the program.
Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center
522 S Maple Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. People appreciate the non-judgmental atmosphere, the caring staff, and the significant improvements they've experienced in their lives since starting treatment. The center has been praised for having helpful counselors and a friendly receptionist, as well as being a welcoming and supportive environment. However, there were a few minor complaints about administrative issues when guest dosing. Overall, the center has been described as a lifesaving and beneficial place for those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- Non-judgmental atmosphere: Reviews mention that the treatment center does not judge individuals seeking help for opioid addiction, creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Life-changing results: Multiple reviews highlight how this treatment center has positively impacted their lives, including accomplishments such as having a baby, getting married, maintaining employment, and helping family and friends start their recovery journey.
- Caring and supportive staff: The staff members are praised for their friendliness, caring nature, and dedication to the recovery of patients. Reviewers mention specific staff members, such as counselors and doctors, who have made a significant difference in their sobriety journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started