Methadone Treatment Centers Near Lansing, MI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2006 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Lansing. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Lansing, MI
Michigan Therapeutic Consultants
913 W Holmes Rd #189, Lansing, MI 48910This Methadone treatment center in Lansing is highly praised by many reviewers. They appreciate the smaller size of the clinic, which means less waiting time for medication. The staff is described as supportive and committed to helping patients overcome their addiction. Some reviewers mention specific staff members who have been instrumental in their recovery journey. However, a couple of reviewers express a desire for the program to be more flexible in terms of tapering off Methadone and acknowledge the potential side effects of the medication. Overall, the clinic is recommended for those seeking effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Short wait times: This Methadone clinic in Lansing is praised for its smaller size, which means that patients don't have to wait for hours to receive their dose.
- Supportive and accountable staff: The clinic is commended for its no-nonsense approach in helping patients get clean. They hold patients accountable and provide the necessary tools to successfully beat their addiction. The therapist, nurse, and front desk staff are specifically highlighted for their helpful and supportive demeanor.
- Privacy: The clinic is committed to protecting patients' privacy, even from law enforcement and the courts, ensuring confidentiality and security.
1620 44th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews overall. Patients appreciate the organized and respectful environment, as well as the clean and upgraded facilities. The staff is described as caring, helpful, and committed to the wellness of patients. Some reviewers credit the center with saving their lives through its comprehensive approach to treatment, including counseling and focus groups. The clinic is highly recommended for its effective program in helping end opioid addiction.
- Well-organized and orderly center, with no fighting in line and upfront billing.
- Clean and fresh facility, with a great staff and counselors focused on wellness and treating mind, body, and soul.
- Life-saving program with committed and helpful staff.
1010 E West Maple Rd suite 200, Walled Lake, MI 48390Despite some negative reviews regarding the staff's experience and effectiveness, the majority of customers have positive things to say about this Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the friendly and compassionate staff who genuinely care about their recovery. Additionally, the convenience of the dosing process and the overall atmosphere of the center are seen as positive aspects. It is also worth mentioning that the center has been accommodating more clients due to the closure of another facility in the area.
- Employees are nice and do their best to fulfill the needs of the patients.
- The staff is amazing, respectful, and passionate about their patients.
- Taking in a lot of new clients from closed clinics, indicating a high demand and reputation.
13575 Lesure St, Detroit, MI 48227The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with many customers praising the kind and friendly staff. The center is described as clean and respectful, treating patients with dignity. However, one reviewer mentioned that some patients can be pushy and rude. Overall, the center is recommended for those serious about recovery and committed to sobriety.
- Very kind, professional, and friendly staff
- Excellent place for recovery with caring and knowledgeable counselors
- Treats patients with dignity and respect, providing a welcoming and client-friendly experience.
Community Medical Services
25639 Ford Rd, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews overall. The staff, including the nurse and receptionist, are praised for being friendly, helpful, and understanding. The center is described as fast, efficient, and professional compared to other clinics in the area.
- The nurses and staff are highly praised for being friendly, efficient, and understanding.
- The facility is described as one of the best centers for Methadone treatment, offering prompt service for working individuals.
Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center
3584 Fairlanes Ave SW STE 2, Grandville, MI 49418The Methadone treatment center in Grandville, Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Clients appreciate the friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond in helping with addiction and life needs. The clinic is described as the best in West Michigan, with a clean and welcoming environment. Clients feel respected and well-supported in their recovery journey.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring about the patients and their recovery. This can create a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
- Effective treatment: One review states that they received more help in a few months at this center than in years at a different facility. This suggests that the Methadone treatment provided at this center may be effective in helping individuals with opioid addiction.
- Clean and professional environment: Reviews mention that the center is clean and that the staff provides a safe, private, and respectful space for individuals seeking treatment. A clean and professional environment can contribute to a comfortable and conducive atmosphere for recovery.
Recovery Unlimited Treatment
3169 Pierson Rd, Flint, MI 48504Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. The staff is described as understanding, caring, and respectful, and the treatment options are convenient and accommodating. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's help and mention that it has had a positive impact on their lives.
- Convenient and accommodating for individuals with busy schedules, including those who need to work and cannot afford to miss appointments.
- The staff, especially Dr. Robinson, is highly respected by patients and provides respectful and supportive treatment.
- Flexible treatment options and no waiting list for suboxone, making it easier for individuals to access and start treatment.
Quality Behavioral Health
37490 Dequindre Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
The reviews for these methadone treatment options are largely positive, with many praising the caring staff, the clean and modern facilities, and the flexibility of payment options. The importance of adhering to the program's rules is also emphasized, with the possibility of take-home medication after 90 days. However, there is a concern raised about the potential for financial gain influencing the prescription of medication.
- Staff cares about patients and is dedicated to helping them.
- Flexible payment options, accommodating intake process, and understanding counselors.
- New, beautiful facility for Withdrawal Management and Residential programs.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started