Methadone Treatment Centers Near Portage, MI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1948 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Portage. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Portage, MI
VICTORY CLINIC Kzoo
401 Howard St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001Overall, the reviews about the Victory Clinic, a Methadone treatment center, are generally positive. Many reviewers praise the friendly and respectful staff who are willing to help and provide support throughout the recovery process. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention concerns about staff prioritizing money over sobriety. Nonetheless, the majority of reviewers credit the clinic with saving their lives and improving their overall well-being.
- Staff are nice and always respectful
- Great place to help you get off drugs
- Provides support and respect for privacy
Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center
3584 Fairlanes Ave SW STE 2, Grandville, MI 49418The Methadone treatment center in Grandville, Western Michigan Comprehensive, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many users mention the friendly and caring staff who go above and beyond to help clients with addiction and various life needs. The center is described as a great place to change habits, with supportive counselors and a clean and welcoming environment. Overall, it is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond for clients
- Provides effective help for addiction, with better results than other facilities
- Staff is trained, caring, and respectful towards patients
1620 44th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508The reviewed Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its orderly and respectful environment, cleanliness, and upfront billing. Reviewers also highlight the helpful and caring staff, emphasizing the positive impact the center has had on their lives. The new facility is seen as a significant upgrade, and the center's focus on holistic treatment, including counseling and exercise, is highly appreciated. Overall, the center is commended for the positive outcomes it enables in ending opioid addiction.
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Focus on holistic treatment approach and wellness
Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center
522 S Maple Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103The overwhelming sentiment in these reviews is that the Methadone treatment center has had a positive impact on the lives of those who have attended. Reviewers mention that the treatment center has saved their lives and helped them regain control of their lives. The staff is described as caring and supportive, with specific mention of certain individuals who are highly regarded. Overall, the center is praised for its positive atmosphere and dedication to sobriety.
- Non-judgmental and supportive staff who genuinely care about patients' recovery.
- Positive impact on patients' lives, including improved relationships, stable employment, and overall life order.
10499 48th St, Augusta, MI 49012Skywood is consistently praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome addiction and maintain sobriety. The staff is described as caring and supportive, and the facilities are clean and comfortable. The food at Skywood is highly regarded, and the location surrounded by nature is seen as a positive aspect of the center. Some reviewers also mention the informative classes and therapy sessions as valuable components of their recovery. However, there are also a few negative reviews that mention overcrowding and issues with post-treatment planning. Overall, Skywood is recommended as a top choice for those seeking addiction treatment.
- Excellent staff: The staff at Skywood is consistently praised for their care, compassion, and willingness to go above and beyond to help patients.
- Beautiful setting: The facility is set in a gorgeous natural environment, providing a peaceful and serene backdrop for recovery.
- Informative classes and groups: The educational classes and therapy groups at Skywood are highly informative and helpful in addressing the underlying factors of addiction and promoting long-term recovery.
13575 Lesure St, Detroit, MI 48227The Star Center Methadone treatment center receives high praise for its caring and supportive staff, who take the time to explain the treatment process and provide immediate assistance when needed. Patients appreciate the personal approach and the respect they receive, feeling that the staff genuinely cares about their recovery. While some mention minor issues and encounters with rude patients, overall, the Star Center is highly recommended for its helpful and respectful atmosphere.
- The staff at Star Center is praised for being caring, supportive, and helpful, providing personalized attention to each patient.
- The clinic is known for treating patients with dignity and respect, creating a welcoming and client-friendly environment.
- Star Center offers timely dosing, effective counseling, and additional support for long-term sobriety, making it a recommended choice for substance abuse treatment.
Community Medical Services
25639 Ford Rd, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are generally positive, with many mentioning the helpful and friendly staff. Some reviewers mentioned that the center is fast and efficient, while others appreciate the leniency in payment. However, there were a few negative comments about a situation where medication was shorted. Overall, the center is recommended and seen as a good option for opioid addiction treatment.
- The nurse is highly praised for being fast, nice, and not lazy, making the experience at the center enjoyable.
- The staff is described as awesome, helpful, respectful, and efficient, providing a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- The center is considered better than most, with experienced staff and fast service, making it a recommended choice for treatment.
Community Healing Centers
2615 Stadium Dr, Kalamazoo, MI 49008Elizabeth Upjohn Community Healing Center is highly praised for their passion and dedication to helping children with addiction. The therapists and clients are deeply involved, and it is described as a privilege to be a part of this community. Another reviewer expresses profound gratitude, stating that their life changed for the better thanks to the compassionate and intelligent staff at CHC-Shaffer. A cautionary note is also mentioned about making careful choices after completing treatment.
- Passionate and dedicated staff: According to the reviews, the therapists and employees at Elizabeth Upjohn Community Healing Center are passionate about helping their clients, particularly those struggling with opioid addiction. This indicates a high level of commitment and care towards the patients.
- Transformational experience: One review mentions that the reviewer's life changed forever after their first day at Community Healing Center. This implies that the treatment center had a significant positive impact on their life and helped them achieve sobriety.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started