Methadone Treatment Centers Near Saginaw, MI
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1455 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Saginaw. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Saginaw, MI
Recovery Unlimited Treatment
3169 Pierson Rd, Flint, MI 48504The Methadone treatment center is praised for their understanding and efficiency in getting patients in and out, making it suitable for those with work commitments. Dr. Robinson and the staff are highly recommended for their respectful and supportive treatment, and their willingness to accommodate telehealth and flexible schedules. Overall, the center is commended for helping patients with their addiction and saving lives.
- Convenient and accommodating hours for those with busy schedules and jobs.
- Respectful and supportive staff who genuinely care about patients' sobriety and well-being.
- Offers flexible treatment options and does not require a waiting list for Suboxone.
DOT Caring Centers, Inc.
3190 Hallmark Ct, Saginaw, MI 48603Customers appreciate the excellent hospitality and knowledge provided by the staff at this Methadone treatment center. They highly recommend the program to other addicts, praising the great program and the knowledgeable and helpful therapists and technicians.
- Excellent hospitality and knowledge: Several reviewers appreciate the welcoming and supportive environment provided by the treatment center.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Many reviewers highlight the expertise and helpfulness of the therapists and technicians at the center.
Victory Clinical Services
508 Shattuck Rd, Saginaw, MI 48604The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with many reviewers expressing gratitude for the help they received in overcoming their addiction. The staff is described as helpful, caring, and supportive. There are some mentions of occasional difficulties, such as long waiting times and strict policies, but overall, the clinic is praised for its effective treatment and positive impact on the reviewers' lives.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are patient and understanding, providing support and resources for patients struggling with addiction.
- The clinic is accommodating and non-judgmental towards pregnant women struggling with addiction, offering tours of the NICU and providing counseling services for mothers with children.
- The doctor and therapists at the clinic are professional and caring, making this treatment center a recommended choice for opioid treatment.
1010 E West Maple Rd suite 200, Walled Lake, MI 48390Despite a few negative comments about inexperienced staff and lack of effectiveness, the majority of reviews express positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center. Patients appreciate the kind and respectful staff who are passionate about helping with recovery. The center is also praised for its efficient and quick visits, as well as its ability to take in new clients from closed centers.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at the Methadone treatment center being nice, understanding, respectful, and passionate about their patients. This indicates that the staff provide a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
- Convenient and efficient service: Reviewers mention a smooth process from check-in to medication dispensing, with minimal waiting time. This suggests that the center is well-organized and strives to make the treatment experience convenient for patients.
- Positive feedback from previous clients: Some reviews mention that individuals from other treatment centers have been rerouted to this center, implying that it is a reliable and trusted option for those seeking Methadone treatment. This positive reputation and endorsement from previous clients can be considered a pro for potential new clients.
Quality Behavioral Health
37490 Dequindre Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310Some reviewers have complained about the center's focus on keeping patients on suboxone and methadone for prolonged periods to generate more profit. However, other reviews highlight the caring and flexible staff who prioritize the well-being of patients. The new facility is also praised, along with the security guard and overall friendly atmosphere.
- Flexible payment options for self-pay patients.
- Dedicated and understanding staff who genuinely care about patients' well-being.
- Quick and efficient service, with minimal waiting time for medication doses.
Ann Arbor Comprehensive Treatment Center
522 S Maple Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients attribute their newfound stability, improved quality of life, and even saved lives to the treatment they received at the center. The staff is praised for their friendliness, caring nature, and dedication to patients' recovery. Overall, this treatment center is highly recommended by those who have benefited from their services.
- Non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere: Reviewers appreciate the lack of judgment and support they receive at the treatment center, allowing them to feel comfortable and valued.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The staff at the center are consistently mentioned as caring, friendly, and genuinely invested in the recovery of their patients. Several specific staff members are mentioned by name as exceptional in their roles.
DOT Caring Center Inc
6840 Midland Rd, Freeland, MI 48623Overall, the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center has caring and helpful staff who are dedicated to patients' well-being. The therapists are particularly praised for their knowledge and effectiveness. However, there are some concerns about communication among the staff, adherence to privacy laws, and inconsistent rules. Despite these issues, many reviewers credit the center with changing their lives for the better.
- Caring and supportive staff who genuinely care about patients' well-being.
- Knowledgeable and effective therapists who have helped many patients overcome addiction.
- Positive and life-changing experiences reported by multiple individuals.
Community Medical Services
34208 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, MI 48312Customers praise the Methadone treatment center for its efficient and easy process for setting up appointments and receiving treatment. They also commend the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and making patients feel welcome. However, there is one suggestion to improve the center by accepting insurance.
- Easy and efficient setup process with no confusion or wait time.
- Clean, modern, and well-maintained clinic with friendly and welcoming staff.
- Staff treats patients with respect and makes them feel like part of the family.
New Light Recovery Center
300 W McNichols Rd, Detroit, MI 48203Reviewers are very grateful for New Light Recovery Center's help in getting their lives back together and express appreciation for both the staff and fellow patients. The frequency of visits to the center seems to be manageable and not excessive.
- Provides a structured and manageable treatment program: The reviewer appreciates that the center does not require excessive visits or overly demanding daily routines, making it easier for them to adhere to their treatment plan.
- Supportive and grateful staff: The reviewer expresses gratitude towards the staff at New Light Recovery Center, suggesting that they have a caring and helpful team who make a positive impact on their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started