Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Minneapolis, MN
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Minneapolis for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Minneapolis can cater to your needs.
Top 32 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Minneapolis, MN
2200 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
The NUWAY I program is highly effective in helping individuals overcome addiction. The program boasts exceptional counselors and staff who provide valuable coping skills and defense mechanisms to those who complete it.
- Resources and support are readily available at this addiction center, providing individuals with a sense of understanding and encouragement.
- The staff's expertise in addiction recovery allows them to effectively guide and support those seeking help.
- A strong sense of community among members fosters positive behavior changes and reinforces a supportive environment.
St. Paul Metro Treatment Center
2311 Woodbridge St, Roseville, MN 55113, United States
St. Paul Metro Treatment Center boasts a great nursing staff and a safe environment with no parking lot issues. However, there is room for improvement in terms of hiring more staff to accommodate the long wait times for those with take-outs and to enhance the effectiveness of the counseling services.
- The St. Paul Metro Treatment Center is a clean and safe facility, providing patients with a sense of security.
- The nursing staff at the center are highly skilled and caring, ensuring that patients receive top-notch care.
- While the counselors are friendly, some patients may not find their approach to be effective.
- The clinic is located in a safe area with no reported incidents in the parking lots.
- Long lines can be an issue due to limited staff, which could be resolved by hiring more personnel.
- Getting methadone payments processed can be challenging as there is usually only one nurse available to assist with this task.
1025 Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Eden House has been credited with saving lives by providing individual-focused care and achieving positive outcomes, according to reviews.
- The staff at the addiction center is very supportive and helpful.
- The addiction center prioritizes the individual and their needs.
- The addiction center provides personalized care and attention.
2218 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404, United States
Alcoholics Anonymous has been criticized for being unwelcoming and lacking accountability, which has led to concerns about fraud and embezzlement. Additionally, some believe that the principles of AA conflict with the 12 steps of recovery.
- A comfortable environment for sharing struggles is provided.
- A strong sense of community and support is fostered.
- The staff possess helpfulness and knowledge.
Metro Hope Ministries
2739 Cedar Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Metro Hope Ministries is a faith-based and Christ-centered addiction treatment center that provides excellent care for its patients and staff. Many individuals have reported that the ministry has positively impacted their personal lives.
- The welcoming and comfortable atmosphere at this center fosters a supportive community.
- As a faith-based organization, Metro Hope Ministries relies on the power of prayer and belief to aid their patients, setting them apart from other medical facilities that solely rely on scientific evidence.
- The highly experienced staff at this center possess extensive knowledge of the Bible, allowing them to provide Christ-centered treatment based on biblical principles.
332 Minnesota St w1260, St Paul, MN 55101, United States
Alltyr Clinic is an excellent option for those seeking help with opioid dependency. The clinic offers affordable services and has a team of helpful employees who go above and beyond to assist patients.
- The clinic is known for its trustworthy reputation and commitment to respecting patient privacy.
- Comprehensive services, such as mental health care and medication management, are readily available at the clinic.
- Services at the clinic are reasonably priced, making them accessible to a wide range of individuals.
MN Adult and Teen Challenge
3111 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408, United States
MN Adult and Teen Challenge is a valuable resource for the community, offering support for homeless women and women with children who are dealing with domestic violence and addiction.
- The HTC offers a range of services to its clients, such as case management, housing assistance, and job training.
- Quality care for residents is a top priority at the HTC.
- The HTC is dedicated to creating a safe and supportive environment for its clients.
- Located in a secure and nurturing community, the Harriet Tubman Center is an ideal addiction center.
Vinland National Center Outpatient Services
675 NE Stinson Blvd #200, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Vinland National Center Outpatient Services may not provide a positive first impression, as the phone is answered remotely and there appears to be only one staff member. It may not be the best option for those seeking help, as the staff may not be able to provide adequate assistance.
- The phone is answered remotely, providing a professional and courteous first impression.
- The intake/admissions process is streamlined with only one point of contact.
- Patients can expect a respectful and helpful experience when seeking addiction treatment.
2104 Stevens Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404
NUWAY III has been reported to have safety concerns and neglectful staff, as well as incidents of medical errors and emergencies.
- The center fosters an environment where individuals can express themselves freely.
- The staff provides unwavering support and empathy.
- A strong sense of community is present at the center.
3329 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Kai Shin Clinic - Raymond
777 Raymond Ave, St Paul, MN 55114
Specialized Treatment Services, Inc.,
1132 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
St. Paul Metro Treatment Center
2311 Woodbridge St, Roseville, MN 55113
Hennepin County Medical Center Addiction Medicine Program
914 S 8th St, Minneapolis, MN 55404
120 South 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Dr. Anne M. Pylkas, MD
701 Park Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Valhalla Place Brooklyn Park
2807 Brookdale Dr, Brooklyn Park, MN 55444
Valhalla Place Woodbury
6043 Hudson Rd, Woodbury, MN 55125
311 Spruce St, St Paul, MN 55101
Specialized Treatment Services, inc.
7472 Lakeland Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
2118 NUWAY Counseling Center
2118 Blaisdell Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Alliance Wellness Center
8040 Old Cedar Ave S #101, Bloomington, MN 55425
Drew Horowitz & Associates, LLC
971 Sibley Memorial Hwy #250, St Paul, MN 55118
Wayside Women's Treatment Center
3705 Park Center Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416
The Emily Program - Residential Eating Disorder Treatment Center
1449 Cleveland Ave N, St Paul, MN 55108
Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge - Intake
3231 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
2218 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Turning Point Inc Headquarters
1500 Golden Valley Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55411
Addiction Health Center
1983 Sloan Pl Suite 16, Maplewood, MN 55117
Tubman: Tubman Chrysalis Center
4432 Chicago Ave #1, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Frazier Wellness Services
1515 5th Ave S Suite B, South St Paul, MN 55075
332 Minnesota St w1260, St Paul, MN 55101
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started