Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Duluth, MN
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Duluth for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 150 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Duluth can cater to your needs.
Top 10 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Duluth, MN
Mn Adult & Teen Challenge- Northland Center
2 E 2nd St, Duluth, MN 55802The addiction treatment center received positive reviews for its life-changing impact, patient and helpful staff, positive atmosphere, and dedication to helping families. Reviewers highlighted the love, support, and positive changes experienced during their time at the center, including improved communication skills, closer relationships with God and family, and a new outlook on life. The center was credited with saving lives, fostering sobriety, and inspiring individuals to pursue careers in addiction counseling.
- Life-changing program: Many reviewers mentioned that this addiction treatment center had a significant impact on their lives, helping them overcome substance abuse and make positive changes.
- Supportive and caring staff: Several reviews highlighted the caring and helpful nature of the staff, emphasizing their dedication and the positive atmosphere they create.
- Successful sobriety: One reviewer mentioned being sober for almost 2 years after attending this center, indicating its effectiveness in helping individuals maintain sobriety.
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. - Duluth
332 W Superior St #300, Duluth, MN 55802The positive reviews highlight prompt and professional service from the front desk, therapists, and online team, as well as compassionate and knowledgeable nurse practitioners. Many reviewers appreciate the helpful and friendly staff, especially their therapists. The positive experiences also include successful treatment outcomes and gratitude for the guidance and support received from the staff and doctors at the addiction treatment center.
- Prompt and professional staff: Reviewers mention that the front desk, therapists, and online team of the addiction treatment center are consistently prompt, professional, and respectful.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable practitioners: Some reviewers highlight the compassion, knowledge, and thoroughness of the nurse practitioners and therapists at the center, stating that they have received effective and helpful treatment.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers express their appreciation for the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at the addiction treatment center, finding them supportive and accommodating in their treatment journey.
Spiritual Recovery Center "Revival"
10414 260th St, Sturgeon Lake, MN 55783The positive reviews highlight the center's strong Christian foundation and the role it plays in transforming lives. Reviewers express gratitude for the resources provided and the caring staff who go above and beyond to help individuals on their journey to recovery. The center is praised for its serene environment, allowing individuals to focus on self-improvement and building a relationship with God.
- Christian-based approach for addiction recovery: The center incorporates Jesus Christ into the transformation process, allowing patients to develop a personal relationship with Him and recognize their dependency on Him.
- Supportive and caring staff: The staff not only work personally with their patients but also pray over every single person in the process. They are described as willing to go above and beyond to help individuals on their recovery journey.
- Beautiful and peaceful environment: The center is located in a breath-taking and isolated setting, providing an opportunity for patients to disconnect from the noise of everyday life and focus on bettering themselves and getting closer to God.
HDC (Human Development Center)
1401 E 1st St, Duluth, MN 55805The first review mentions a negative experience with a therapist at the addiction treatment center, with accusations of unprofessional behavior and worsening the situation for the individual's daughter. The second review discusses difficulties in contacting the center for unrelated issues, raising concerns about their responsiveness to mental health concerns. The third review highlights a frustrating experience with communication, repeated evaluations, and high charges, overall describing the center as a mess and not worth the cost.
- Based on the reviews provided, it is difficult to find specific pros for the addiction treatment center. The reviews mainly highlight negative experiences with unprofessionalism, poor communication, and excessive charges. It is recommended to consider alternative treatment centers that have more positive feedback and demonstrated efficacy in helping individuals with substance abuse rehabilitation.
Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. - Duluth Mall
1702 Miller Trunk Hwy Suite 209, Duluth, MN 55811The addiction treatment center received positive reviews for its polite and professional staff, with receptionists and therapists being praised for their helpfulness and genuine concern. Patients appreciated the caring and understanding approach of the therapists, feeling comfortable to discuss difficult issues and experiencing positive results. The overall atmosphere of the center was described as welcoming and warm.
- Polite, pleasant, and professional receptionist
- Very professional and caring staff
- Provides a safe and professional platform for healing and coping mechanisms
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Caring and understanding therapists
615 Pecan Ave, Duluth, MN 55811The addiction treatment center received positive feedback about their beautiful facility, especially during the fall season. Reviewers also praised the dedicated staff who took the time to assess and provide therapy for their children. The calming environment and meaningful growth experienced by both the children and parents were highlighted, making the center highly recommended for any kind of care.
- Beautiful facility surrounded by Maple trees.
- Staff takes the time and dedication to assess and provide care for children.
The Emily Program Eating Disorder Treatment Center
26 E Superior St #315, Duluth, MN 55802The positive reviews highlight the focus on self-compassion, reminders of not striving for perfection but better health, and the helpfulness of the therapist and dietitian in staying on track with eating habits and processing feelings about food. Additionally, the aftercare support is praised as being immensely important in the recovery process.
- Focus on self-compassion and working towards better health.
- The program has helped individuals start eating normally again and provides important aftercare support for recovery.
831 E 2nd St ste 1, Duluth, MN 55805The addiction treatment center has a friendly and comfortable environment, with staff who are caring and invested in helping clients. The facility is clean and provides fast and friendly service. The use of technology for remote appointments is appreciated by reviewers.
- Friendly staff and comfortable environment
- Non-judgmental and caring staff
- Clean facility with fast and friendly service
Superior Treatment Center
1507 Tower Ave, Superior, WI 54880The staff at the addiction treatment center are very supportive and willing to go the extra mile for their patients. They provide opportunities for personal growth and engage in activities to help individuals feel motivated and encouraged. They also bring in guest speakers and provide treats like pizza, making the environment enjoyable and engaging.
- Staff is supportive and encouraging, going the extra mile for patients.
- Offers resources and support outside of the facility, such as court appearances and guest speakers.
- Provides occasional treats like pizza for patients.
Superior Treatment Center
324 W Superior St, Duluth, MN 55802The staff at this addiction treatment center is highly caring and supportive, creating a welcoming environment for individuals seeking help. They offer a variety of treatment options, including individual counseling sessions and outpatient classes, and are flexible with accommodating work schedules. The positive atmosphere and genuine concern from the staff make this center a standout choice for addiction recovery.
- Caring staff: The treatment center is praised for having some of the most caring staff. They are described as welcoming and encouraging to each individual, showing a genuine level of care and support.
- Flexible and convenient: The center offers individual counseling sessions and outpatient classes at both Superior and Duluth locations. They are also willing to work with individuals' work schedules, making it convenient for those seeking treatment.
- Positive environment: The review mentions that the treatment center is not only loved for its services, but also for the welcoming atmosphere. This suggests a positive and supportive environment for individuals undergoing substance abuse rehabilitation.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started