Methadone Treatment Centers Near St. Cloud, MN
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1700 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in St. Cloud. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near St. Cloud, MN
St. Paul Metro Treatment Center
2311 Woodbridge St, Roseville, MN 55113The St. Paul Metro Treatment Center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who credit the clinic and staff for helping them turn their lives around and overcome addiction. The staff is described as caring, attentive, and dedicated, with specific mentions of counselors Frank and Rob as being exceptional. Patients appreciate the individualized treatment plans, relaxed atmosphere, and the cleanliness and safety of the center. The only minor complaint is the lack of flexibility for patients who work dayshifts. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for those serious about their recovery.
- The staff at St. Paul Metro Treatment Center is highly praised for their caring and personalized approach to treatment. They are described as welcoming, remembering everyone's names, and showing genuine care for patients' well-being.
- The clinic is commended for providing effective treatment with Methadone, helping patients with their withdrawals and cravings, and supporting their sobriety journey. Many patients attribute their recovery and improved quality of life to the center.
- The facility is described as clean, safe, and well-maintained, providing a positive and conducive environment for recovery. The staff is also praised for being honest, reliable, and dedicated to helping patients.
311 Spruce St, St Paul, MN 55101STS Clinic on Spruce St in St. Paul has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and friendly staff, with many noting that they feel like more than just a number. The clinic is praised for its efficient service, with minimal wait times for dosing. Overall, patients feel that the clinic has significantly helped them on their recovery journey and has prevented them from relapsing into drug use.
- Friendly and caring staff: Patients appreciated the friendly and welcoming staff at the clinic, including the nurses and receptionists. The staff is described as being professional and non-judgmental, making patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviewers mentioned that the clinic provides fast service, with short wait times for dosing. This efficiency is valued by patients who appreciate being in and out of the clinic quickly.
- Effective treatment: Multiple reviewers credited the clinic and the methadone treatment program with helping them stay off drugs and improve their lives. Patients mentioned that the program has kept them away from cravings and helped them avoid relapse, highlighting the effectiveness of the treatment provided by the clinic.
Sobriety First LLC
266 33rd Ave S #10, St Cloud, MN 56301The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its welcoming and friendly environment, supportive and caring staff, flexible scheduling, and individualized approach to recovery. Multiple reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them achieve long-term sobriety. Overall, the reviewers highly recommend the center for anyone struggling with addiction and seeking effective help.
- Lovely, friendly, and accommodating staff. Promotes growth and healing in a safe environment.
- Flexible scheduling and fun activities. Accommodates work schedules and offers engaging activities.
- Highly helpful and empathetic counselors and staff. Provides a welcoming and friendly environment for those struggling with addiction.
CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital Addiction Services
3701 12th St N #201, St Cloud, MN 56303The Methadone treatment center has been described as life-saving with a supportive and caring staff that helps individuals become accountable for their recovery. Family participation is encouraged and updates are provided upon request. The facility is praised for giving individuals a chance at recovery, although some improvements, such as fixing the WiFi, are needed. Overall, it is recommended to those struggling with addiction.
- Dedicated and supportive staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center is described as caring, genuine, and supportive. They push patients to be accountable and provide high-quality care for recovery.
- Family involvement: The center encourages family participation in the recovery process, recognizing the importance of a supportive environment. Family members appreciate being involved and feel confident in the level of care provided.
- Second chances and opportunities for recovery: The center is commended for giving individuals a chance at recovery. Patients feel that their lives have been restored and appreciate the opportunity to make positive changes.
Valhalla Place Brainerd
2215 S 6th St, Brainerd, MN 56401The majority of the reviews speak highly of the Methadone treatment center. Many reviewers mention the friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, and positive experiences with counselors. Some reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them turn their lives around. However, there is one negative review that mentions an inappropriate behavior by a staff member. Overall, the center is recommended for those needing help with addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the counselors and staff at this Methadone treatment center are friendly and helpful.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: One review mentions that the clinic is kept very nice and clean, indicating that the center takes pride in maintaining a clean and welcoming environment.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers mention that this treatment center has helped them turn their lives around and overcome opioid addiction, highlighting the effectiveness of the program in providing life-changing results.
3329 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. The small size of the clinic helps to minimize wait times. The staff is described as caring, helpful, and professional, and they are commended for their dedication to their patients' recovery. The center is credited with saving lives and helping individuals get their lives back on track. Though some reviewers mention strictness, most appreciate the support and assistance provided by the clinic.
- Small clinic with minimal wait times
- Helpful and caring staff that create a safe and comfortable environment
- Professional and strict approach to treatment to maintain order and decency
New Season Treatment Center – Dakota
11939 W River Hills Dr, Burnsville, MN 55337The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is praised for their sincerity, kindness, and dedication to helping individuals with addiction issues. The center is described as personable and efficient, with minimal wait times for dosing. The program is said to be effective in helping people overcome addiction and provides comprehensive support. The only downside mentioned is the high turnover rate of counselors. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are sincere and caring, providing a non-judgmental and individualized approach to treatment. Patients feel supported and valued as individuals.
- The program is flexible and accommodating, allowing patients to dose even while traveling to prevent any gaps in medication.
- The clinic offers a comprehensive program that addresses all aspects of addiction, including counseling support.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started