Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Columbus, MS
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Columbus for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 49 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Columbus can cater to your needs.
Top 5 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Columbus, MS
700 35th Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401Positive reviews mention that Phoenix House is a great treatment center that has helped individuals in their recovery journey. The staff is highly praised for their support and the program is credited with saving lives and teaching individuals how to live a sober life. Many reviewers express gratitude for the help they received and highlight the positive impact the center had on their relationships and overall well-being.
- Effective Treatment: Many reviewers credit Phoenix House for saving their lives and helping them achieve sobriety. The treatment program has been described as strict but effective, with dedicated staff who provide support and guidance.
- Positive Environment: Several reviewers have expressed gratitude for the safe and supportive environment provided by Phoenix House. They mention feeling comfortable being themselves and appreciate the staff's efforts to create a space for recovery.
- Dedicated Staff: Multiple reviewers have praised the staff at Phoenix House, describing them as great people who go out of their way to help clients. They acknowledge the staff's commitment to helping individuals on their journey to recovery.
3600 Bluecutt Rd #201, Columbus, MS 39705The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews highlighting the caring and supportive staff, particularly mentioning the nurses and Dr. Wood. Patients appreciate the genuine desire to help and the willingness to accommodate same-day appointments and address negative feelings. The clinic's environment is praised for being friendly, respectful, and non-judgmental.
- Friendly and caring staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center are friendly, caring, and patient. They make patients feel welcome and comfortable during their visits.
- Genuine and supportive environment: Reviewers appreciate that the center genuinely cares about helping people overcome addiction. The staff is described as being genuine and wanting to help patients every step of the way. They offer support and guidance throughout the recovery process.
- Life-changing program: Several reviewers mention that the program at this addiction treatment center has changed their lives. The top-notch healthcare professionals provide effective treatment that has had a positive impact on patients struggling with addiction.
770 Golding Rd, Columbus, MS 39702Recovery House is praised for its caring and supportive staff who go above and beyond to help clients succeed in their recovery. Many reviewers mention that the facility feels like a home and that the staff truly cares about their well-being. Clients attribute their life-changing experiences and successful sobriety to the program, considering Recovery House a safe haven and a place that saved their lives.
- The staff at Recovery House are described as amazing and caring, going above and beyond to provide help and support for recovery.
- Recovery House is praised for creating a welcoming and home-like atmosphere, making patients feel safe and comfortable during their stay.
Pines & Cady Hill Recovery Center
1011 Main St, Columbus, MS 39701Cady Hill is widely praised for being the best treatment center and offers excellent services and staff. Many reviewers say that the program helped them achieve sobriety and they highly recommend it, especially because it is free. However, one negative review suggests caution, claiming that the director is deceitful and kicks out patients after they pay in full.
- The staff and therapists at Cady Hill are described as amazing, understanding, and knowledgeable. This indicates a high level of quality in the treatment provided.
- The program at Cady Hill has helped many individuals achieve sobriety, and it is mentioned that they offer their services for free. This is a significant advantage for those seeking affordable treatment options.
- The center is praised for its down-to-earth approach, good food, and the opportunity to go to different places. This suggests that the treatment experience at Cady Hill is diverse and enjoyable.
Russell Detox Crisis Intervention
710 Main St Columbus, 300, Columbus, MS 39701The addiction treatment center consistently provides comprehensive and helpful information about addiction. It is regarded as the top substance abuse treatment facility, with exceptionally clean and spacious living areas. The professional and experienced staff create a safe and comfortable environment, contributing to successful long-term sobriety. Highly recommended by someone who has been sober for a year.
- The staff are professional, experienced, and knowledgeable about addiction.
- The amenities and living rooms are clean, organized, and spacious.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started