Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Columbia, MO
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Columbia for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 100 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Columbia can cater to your needs.
Top 6 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Columbia, MO
Behavioral Health Group - Columbia, MO
1301 Vandiver Dr Suite Y, Columbia, MO 65202The addiction treatment center is described as the most helpful and caring pay clinic, providing support for those working on their program and improving their lives. The center may have strict payment policies, with withdrawals if bills are not paid on time. Overall, the center is seen as a good place to seek help with addiction, although there may be other clinics that are more well-equipped.
- Helpful and caring staff: According to one review, this addiction treatment center is highly praised for being the most helpful and caring clinic the reviewer has dealt with. They provide excellent support to individuals who are committed to their program and striving to stay sober.
- Effective treatment: Another review mentions that the center has been very beneficial for them in terms of getting help with addiction. This suggests that they offer effective treatment options that can effectively address substance abuse issues.
- Well-equipped facility: One review states that they have experienced more equipped clinics, indicating that the addiction treatment center likely has the necessary resources and tools to provide comprehensive care for their patients.
201 N Garth Ave, Columbia, MO 65203The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the amazing staff, supportive environment, and life-altering experiences. One review mentions the tools and resources available for mental health, substance abuse, and recovery, while another praises the caring and attentive doctors and counselors. Other positive aspects mentioned include the structure, focus on personal growth, and the center's role in helping individuals become sober and improve their lives.
- Amazing and supportive staff who genuinely care about the success of their patients. They listen and provide patient-centered care.
- Comprehensive tools and resources available for mental health, substance abuse, recovery, and life beyond drugs. Patients learn a lot about themselves and their disease at this center.
- Positive impact on patients' lives, helping them find sobriety, rebuild relationships, and focus on their future. The center provides aftercare support to ensure long-term recovery.
Phoenix Programs, Inc.
90 E Leslie Ln, Columbia, MO 65202The first review highlights the success of the program, with the reviewer expressing their gratitude for Phoenix House saving their life and helping them stay clean and sober. The second positive review praises the open-door policy and professional staff at the facility. The third positive review emphasizes the center's effectiveness in providing tools for recovery and creating a supportive community.
- Life-saving program: Many reviewers mentioned that this addiction treatment center saved their lives and helped them start their recovery journey.
- Dedicated and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being supportive, caring, and dedicated to helping individuals overcome their addiction.
- Comprehensive care: The center offers a range of services including on-site counseling, support groups, community support programs, inpatient and outpatient services, and medication-assisted recovery options. Reviewers found these resources helpful in their journey towards sobriety.
Success Health System LLC & Counseling and Psychological Services, Columbia, MO
2804 Forum Blvd STE 4, Columbia, MO 65203Positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the excellent service provided by the staff, including the knowledgeable and caring clinicians. The center is praised for its prompt and helpful responses, as well as its ability to provide timely appointments and prescriptions. Patients appreciate feeling seen and heard during their sessions and have reported positive experiences with their mental health care.
- The providers, Dr. Ambilichu and Shakera Snelling, are compassionate and knowledgeable.
- The services are timely and responsive, with quick appointment scheduling and prompt responses to inquiries.
- The clinicians take the time to explain medication side effects and work with patients to find the best treatment options.
Family Counseling Center of Missouri, Inc.
117 N Garth Ave, Columbia, MO 65201Clients have praised the addiction treatment center for their caring and attentive staff who genuinely seem to care about the well-being of their clients. The center is described as having a professional and friendly atmosphere.
- Great staff who genuinely care about their clients.
- Professional and friendly service.
Mark Twain Behavioral Health
100 E Rollins St, Moberly, MO 65270The addiction treatment center received several positive reviews praising their excellent communication. Patients noted that staff members were attentive, responsive, and provided clear and consistent information throughout their stay. Many individuals appreciated the center's efforts in keeping them informed about their treatment plans and progress.
- Excellent communication: Many reviewers mentioned that the addiction treatment center had outstanding communication. This is crucial in a rehab setting as it allows for efficient coordination among staff and patients, ensuring that everyone's needs are met and treatment is personalized effectively.
- Responsive staff: Several reviews praised the addiction treatment center for its responsive staff. This indicates that the staff members were readily available to address any concerns or questions raised by the patients, offering prompt support through the rehab journey.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started