Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Kansas City, MO
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Kansas City for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 536 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Kansas City can cater to your needs.
Top 17 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Kansas City, MO
Healing House Inc
4505 St John Ave, Kansas City, MO 64123The healing house rehabilitation center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Many people credit the center with saving their lives and helping them overcome addiction. The directors, Bobbi Jo and Momma Judy, are often praised for their dedication to their work and their ability to show love and respect to those seeking help. The center is also frequently praised for its focus on spiritual and faith-based recovery.
- The support at Healing House is amazing and has helped many people to recover from addiction
- The program is faith-based and focuses on building a strong spiritual connection, which has been life-changing for some individuals
- The staff and volunteers are described as being loving, compassionate, and dedicated to helping individuals overcome addiction and build a new life
Midwest Recovery Centers
13340 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, MO 64145Multiple reviews lauded Midwest Recovery Center as a top-notch addiction treatment center with a knowledgeable and caring staff. Reviewers commended the facility's extended care options, which helped to keep patients engaged in treatment, and praised the structure and support offered during the program. Additionally, the facility's clean and welcoming environment was noted, and the food was praised. Many reviewers expressed gratitude to Midwest Recovery Center for saving their lives and highly recommended the program to anyone looking for help with addiction.
- Knowledgeable and well-educated counselors who have been personally affected by addiction/alcoholism and can create a genuine connection with clients.
- Comprehensive and structured program that includes a 30-day detox/residential program, a 60-day phase one program, and a long-term phase 2 program.
- Professional and supportive staff who provide excellent medical care, counseling, and therapy sessions, and also offer resources for family members.
9401 Reeds Rd Suite 101, Overland Park, KS 66207, United StatesArista Recovery is a substance abuse rehabilitation center that provides evidence-based addiction treatment tailored to meet each patient's needs. The reviews rave about the dedicated and caring staff who provide guidance and support to help patients overcome their addictions and rediscover their true selves. The facility offers different outpatient programs, accepts insurance, and provides affordable methods for recovery to make it accessible to everyone.
- Customized treatment plans that cater to each individual's needs
- Helpful and dedicated staff that go above and beyond to support patients in their recovery
- Affordable treatment options, with payment plans and insurance coverage accepted, making recovery accessible to everyone.
Welcome House Inc
1414 E 27th St, Kansas City, MO 64108The positive reviews are centered around the fact that the Welcome House is a great place for people struggling with addiction. The program helps residents to re-educate themselves, stand up on their own feet, and live sober lives. The staff is praised for their kindness, helpfulness, and understanding. Many people attribute their recovery to the program, saying that they have become better versions of themselves thanks to it.
- The Welcome House provides a sober living environment with structured meeting schedules and daily routines aimed at helping struggling addicts.
- The organization is known to have saved many lives and helps people every day.
- The program is designed to teach people how to live a sober life and prioritize their goals.
The Crossroads Program
13860 Wyandotte St, Kansas City, MO 64145The Crossroads Program is highly recommended by individuals and families who have experienced it, with multiple reviews stating that it has changed their lives. The program offers a supportive community and enthusiastic sobriety approach for teens and young adults struggling with addiction, with counselors who are knowledgeable and relatable. Parent participation and support is also emphasized and appreciated.
- Enthusiastic sobriety program that has helped many young adults overcome substance abuse addiction.
- Provides a supportive community not just for the young adults but also for the parents who get the tools they need to support their children's sobriety.
- The staff and counselors are experienced and knowledgeable, using 12-step and evidence-based approaches to address substance abuse addiction.
Benilde Hall Program
3220 E 23rd St, Kansas City, MO 64127The addiction treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Patients have praised the center for helping them get their life together and the staff for being supportive and helpful. They have also mentioned good food and cleanliness as positive aspects of the center. However, some negative reviews mention issues with staff members, uncleanliness, and limited support for non-veteran homeless people. Overall, the center is recommended for those who want to turn their lives around and focus on their recovery.
- The program is sound and can help get your life back on track.
- The staff are caring and show real concern, with specific shoutouts to Danny, Crystal, and Mrs. Erin.
- The program offers group therapy, individual counseling, medication management, as well as substance/alcohol abuse treatment.
Heartland Center for Behavioral Change Independence Outpatient Clinic
103 N Main St #102, Independence, MO 64050, United StatesThis addiction treatment center is known for their compassion and dedication to helping those struggling with substance use disorder. The counselors and education resources are great, as noted by someone who completed their outpatient program in 2016. Additionally, they were able to help someone get off the streets and stop using drugs.
- Compassionate and genuinely helpful staff that want to assist those seeking positive changes in their lives.
- Great program with effective counselors and education that leads to successful recovery for patients.
- Provides housing assistance and support for those who are homeless and seeking help with drug addiction.
Sana Lake Behavioral Wellness Center
6300 N Lucerne Ave, Kansas City, MO 64151Sana Lake provides a safe and supportive environment with a great location for those working towards sobriety. The staff is described as kind, caring, and compassionate, going above and beyond to support members. Many mention that they have received help with all aspects of their treatment and that Sana Lake has changed their lives.
- Provides a safe, clean, and friendly environment for maintaining sobriety
- Staff is extremely helpful and caring towards individual patient needs
- Offers a holistic approach to addiction treatment and provides support for all aspects of treatment
Newman Intervention & Addiction Treatment Services
5238 Dixie Ct, Kansas City, KS 66106Newman Intervention is a highly recommended addiction treatment center with positive reviews from families who had loved ones attend their rehabilitation program. Bobby Newman and his colleagues were praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and sensitivity in helping clients and their families through a distressing time. Many families were able to successfully intervene on their loved ones because of the help and guidance they received from Newman Intervention. Clients who went to the facility for treatment were able to achieve long-term sobriety and become contributing members of society.
- Newman Intervention is effective in convincing individuals to go to rehab.
- The interventions are well-planned with attention to detail, resulting in a successful path to recovery.
- Bobby Newman is a professional and knowledgeable interventionist who is caring and compassionate towards the families and individuals dealing with addiction.
3950 E 51st St, Kansas City, MO 64130The addiction treatment center has a great staff who genuinely care about their clients. The classes offered delve deep into the root causes of dependency. Many people credit the center with helping them overcome addiction and even saving their lives.
- Dedicated and caring staff
- Effective classes that help get to the root of addiction
- Successful outcomes and positive impact on patients' lives
6060 N Oak Trafficway, Gladstone, MO 64118The addiction treatment center is described as a quick, easy and helpful check-in process with friendly staff. The center is praised for helping individuals stay on the right path and work with them as long as they are honest. Negative reviews about racism from a staff member named Terri Ruth are also mentioned.
- Quick and easy check-in process
- Friendly staff
- Willingness to work with clients who are honest about their struggles
Kansas City Recovery
10540 Barkley St Ste 269, Overland Park, KS 66212, United StatesKansas City Recovery is praised for its safe, understanding, and supportive environment, with a focus on building a foundation for a sustainable sober lifestyle. The sober living center offers serious accountability while still providing a good mix of fun in a classy environment. Many reviewers credit KCR with saving their life and creating lifelong friendships.
- Provides a safe and understanding environment with a strong support system to help people struggling with addiction build a sustainable sober lifestyle.
- Offers an effective sober living program with accountability, brotherhood, and built-in friendships to help individuals stay sober and reboot their lives.
- Offers classy environments and encourages fun activities, while still maintaining serious accountability during the recovery process.
Midwest Institute for Addiction Treatment: Alcohol & Drug Rehab Kansas City MO
6300 N Lucerne Ave, Kansas City, MO 64151The Midwest Institute for Addiction (MIA) has excellent staff who are caring and treat patients like family. The doctors and staff care about patient well-being and help them to recover from addiction. Patients mention that the doctors are amazing and helped them to save their lives.
- The staff at MIA is extremely caring and treats you like family.
- MIA works with your schedule and does everything they can to assist in your recovery.
- The doctors at MIA are amazing and truly care about your sobriety and well being.
Footprints: Wayne D. White Recovery Community Center
4501 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO 64110The addiction treatment center has garnered positive reviews for its effective 12-step program and genuine participants who have been able to turn their lives around. Many visitors have found the center to be comfortable and helpful, and appreciate the outreach efforts made by the organization. Overall, it has been highly recommended by former patients.
- Effective 12-step meeting schedule with genuine participants.
- Comfortable and laid-back atmosphere with helpful staff.
- Active outreach to the community in need.
Mirror, Inc - Shawnee Residential and Outpatient Facility
6221 Richards Dr, Shawnee, KS 66216, United StatesOne positive review describes the treatment team as great and recommends the center for those who are willing to work at their recovery. The review emphasizes the importance of staying for the reintegration process. Another review praises the center for providing a "NEW START" and being a great place for getting clean and sober.
- The treatment team is great and supportive
- The center has a program for reintegration
- The clients who actively participate in the program have a high chance of success
Bill's Friends AA Group
4801 Rainbow Blvd, Westwood, KS 66205The addiction treatment center is described as a "life-saving type of place" with wonderful and kind people in a private setting. It's noted that they host great potluck celebrations and are very welcoming to visitors and those outside the program. However, the location can be difficult to find as the map is inaccurate.
- Very welcoming and inclusive to visitors and those outside the program.
- Offers a private setting with kind and wonderful staff.
- Celebratory events such as anniversaries and potluck meetings are hosted monthly.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started