Methadone Treatment Centers Near Arnold, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2639 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Arnold. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Arnold, MO
St. Louis Metro Treatment Center
9733 St Charles Rock Rd, Breckenridge Hills, MO 63114The St. Louis Metro Treatment Center (SLMTC)/New Season Methadone/Suboxone/Vivitrol Clinic is highly recommended for individuals struggling with opioid addiction. The staff is described as caring and dedicated, providing one-on-one counseling sessions, group counseling, and various support groups. Patients appreciate the resources available, including employment opportunities, extra classes, and housing assistance.
- Offers various treatment options: The center provides Methadone, Suboxone, and Vivitrol for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), which is effective in dealing with opioids such as Heroin, Fentanyl, Vicodin, and more.
- Supportive and caring staff: The nurses, doctors, counselors, and management are highly praised for their genuine care and commitment to helping patients. They are described as going above and beyond in saving lives and providing the necessary support.
- Additional resources and services: The center offers a range of support groups, counseling sessions, employment opportunities, extra classes, housing assistance, and more to help patients on their recovery journey. They are committed to providing comprehensive support beyond medication.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Charles
2027 Campus Dr, St Charles, MO 63301The Methadone Treatment center in St. Charles has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the friendly and caring nurses and counselors, specifically mentioning Karen and Mary as exceptional counselors. The staff is described as supportive and invested in the well-being and success of each individual. The clinic is also commended for its cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere. Many reviewers state that the treatment center has been a life-saver and highly recommend it to others struggling with opiate addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: The nurses and counselors at the Methadone Treatment center are described as friendly, kind, and invested in their patients' rehabilitation. They provide support and help create life-long goals for successful treatment.
- Clean and organized facility: The clinic is praised for its cleanliness, including the bathrooms. The facility is well-maintained and organized, creating a comfortable environment for treatment.
- Convenient and accommodating: The center is commended for its ease of access, quick transition, and accommodating staff. They prioritize patient care and make the process of starting treatment convenient and efficient.
COMTREA Health Center
21 Municipal Dr, Arnold, MO 63010The Arnold office and staff of the Methadone treatment center are highly praised for their kindness and effectiveness. Comtrea offers a variety of services, including counseling and dental care, and is commended for being helpful, professional, and accommodating. The center provides resources and support for those struggling with mental health issues, substance abuse, and other difficulties, and is highly recommended for its friendly staff and convenient hours.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this Methadone treatment center being super sweet, friendly, and professional. Patients felt heard, validated, and comfortable in the environment.
- Abundance of services and resources: The center is praised for providing a wide range of services, counseling, and resources to help individuals get back on their feet and start living a stress-free life. They can also point patients in the right direction for additional resources if needed.
- Comprehensive care: The center offers psychiatric services, therapy, counseling, case management, assistance with obtaining medications, and support groups for various issues, including substance abuse treatment. They also offer dental services and help with bill payment and appointments.
Center For Life Solutions
9144 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from several individuals who credit the facility with helping them overcome heroin addiction and improve their lives. Reviewers appreciate the caring and supportive staff, the insightful programming, and the opportunity to receive treatment through Medicaid. However, it is emphasized that success largely depends on the individual's commitment and willingness to follow the rules and put in effort for change. Overall, the center is regarded as a life-saving resource for those serious about recovery.
- The staff genuinely care about your well-being and make an effort to help you.
- The treatment center offers simple expectations and works with you to stabilize and find your path to recovery.
- The program is highly recommended, with knowledgeable staff and helpful programming.
West End Clinic
5736 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63120The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The facility is described as clean and professional, with a caring and understanding staff. The counselors, nurses, and doctors are highly praised for their dedication and support in helping patients achieve recovery. The clinic is commended for being less hassle than others and for genuinely caring about the well-being of the patients.
- Nice clean facility with professional staff and kind, understanding nurses.
- The counselors go above and beyond to help with recovery and are highly praised by patients.
- The staff truly cares about the patients and their success in treatment.
COMTREA Community Treatment Inc.
1817 Gravois Rd, High Ridge, MO 63049The reviews for the Methadone treatment center at Comtrea are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and helpful staff who have made a significant impact on their lives. The center also offers comprehensive medical attention and assistance with finding specialized doctors, with patients feeling supported and grateful for the attentive care provided. The center is commended for their prompt handling of medical issues and their ability to work with low-income individuals. Overall, it is described as a great and caring facility.
- The staff and doctors at Comtrea are extremely helpful, kind, and caring. They provide excellent support to patients.
- Comtrea takes care of all medical needs and is able to connect patients with psychiatrists and counselors quickly. Their services have helped patients regain control of their mental health.
- The staff, including Amanda S. and Becky, are highly competent and efficient in handling medical concerns. They ensure timely diagnosis, referrals, and medication management, allowing patients to continue with their daily responsibilities.
Bridgeway Behavioral Health
4066 Dunnica Ave, St. Louis, MO 63116The reviewers speak highly of the Methadone treatment center and its staff, emphasizing the positive and supportive attitudes of the counselors. They praise the outpatient detox program for its effectiveness and convenience for those with busy lives. Many reviewers attribute their sobriety and improved lives to the program, emphasizing its life-saving qualities.
- The counselors are non-judgmental, encouraging, and supportive towards individuals struggling with addiction.
- The outpatient detox program offers a quick and efficient intake process, allowing individuals to start treatment sooner compared to other centers.
- The program is described as life-saving and has helped individuals achieve long-term sobriety.
Black Alcohol Drug Services Info
3654 S Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63118The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from patients who credit the center with their sobriety and life-changing experiences. The staff, many of whom are recovering addicts themselves, are highly praised for their understanding and support. Patients express gratitude and appreciation for the caring and dedicated individuals in the center.
- Staff with personal experience: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are recovering addicts themselves, which allows them to understand and empathize with patients on a deeper level. This personal experience can contribute to the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Dedicated and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the amazing support and genuine concern the staff have for the patients' well-being. This suggests that the staff at this center go above and beyond to ensure that patients feel supported and cared for during their recovery journey.
- Life-changing impact: Many reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact this treatment center has had on their lives. There are multiple mentions of how this center has helped individuals overcome addiction and build a foundation for long-term recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started