Methadone Treatment Centers Near Jefferson City, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2626 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Jefferson City. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 10 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Jefferson City, MO
Preferred Family Healthcare
210 Hoover Rd, Jefferson City, MO 65109The majority of the reviews are positive, with users mentioning that they received good help from the doctors and felt clean and free of bugs or critters. One review specifically mentions that the center provided a non-judgmental and supportive atmosphere that helped their daughter make positive choices and turn her life around. Another review praises the staff for being caring and states that they helped the user come a long way in their recovery.
- Helpful and supportive doctors on staff.
- Respectful and supportive atmosphere for patients, leading to positive choices and successful recovery.
- Caring staff that has helped patients make significant progress in their journey to overcome addiction.
Behavioral Health Group - Columbia, MO
1301 Vandiver Dr Suite Y, Columbia, MO 65202This particular Methadone treatment center in Washington state is described as the most helpful and caring pay clinic the reviewer has encountered, and they highly recommend it for those committed to their recovery. Another reviewer mentions that they have visited more equipped clinics elsewhere. Overall, this center is praised for providing effective help with addiction.
- Highly supportive and caring staff: One reviewer mentions that this Methadone treatment center is the most helpful and caring clinic they have dealt with. This suggests that the staff at this center is dedicated to supporting and assisting patients in their recovery journey.
- Focus on patient progress and improvement: According to the first review, if patients are actively working their program, staying sober, and making positive changes in their lives, this center will fully support them. This indicates a focus on patient progress and improvement, which can be highly beneficial for individuals seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
Preferred Family Healthcare - Preferred Family Healthcare - Jefferson City
101 Adams St, Jefferson City, MO 65101The Methadone treatment center in Lebanon is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who appreciated the staff's empathy and personal experience with addiction. The staff was praised for caring deeply about their clients and helping them achieve positive life changes. The center in Jefferson City was preferred over the one in Springfield, with reviewers mentioning the kinder staff. However, one reviewer mentioned the need for improvement in catering services.
- Empathetic and understanding staff who have personally gone through addiction battles themselves.
- Staff members with years of recovery experience who genuinely care for the well-being and sobriety of their clients.
St. Louis Metro Treatment Center
9733 St Charles Rock Rd, Breckenridge Hills, MO 63114The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with patients expressing gratitude for the caring and dedicated staff. The center is commended for offering various resources, including counseling sessions, support groups, and employment opportunities. The treatment center is credited with saving lives and helping individuals recover from opioid addiction.
- Great program with dedicated doctors and nurses/counselors who genuinely care about helping patients overcome drug addiction.
- Offers Methadone, Suboxone, and Vivitrol for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) - a successful form of treatment for opioids.
- Provides various support groups, one-on-one counseling sessions, and employment opportunities for ex-felons and addicts.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Charles
2027 Campus Dr, St Charles, MO 63301The reviews for the Methadone treatment center in St. Charles, Missouri are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers praise the friendly and caring staff, particularly the nurses and counselors, who go above and beyond to support their patients. The clinic is commended for its cleanliness and organized services, including various options for group therapy. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and recommend it to others struggling with opiate addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the nurses and counselors at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, kind, and genuinely invested in their patients' well-being. They provide support, create personalized treatment plans, and motivate individuals to stay clean.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Several reviewers praise the clinic for its cleanliness, mentioning that even the bathrooms are immaculate. A clean environment can contribute to a more positive treatment experience and overall well-being.
Center For Life Solutions
9144 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews, with many praising the staff for their care and support. The center is described as effective for those who are committed to their recovery and willing to follow the rules. However, there are a few concerns about prioritizing treatment over work and some negative comments from individuals who may not be fully engaged in the program. Overall, the center is seen as a life-saving resource for those who are serious about recovery.
- The staff genuinely cares about the clients' well-being and does their best to help them on their recovery journey.
- They have simple expectations and work with clients to find a stable dose and develop a recovery path.
- The program has been described as life-saving and has provided many individuals with a second chance at a better life.
Behavioral Health Group - Springfield
404 E Battlefield Rd, Springfield, MO 65807, United StatesOverall, the Methadone treatment center seems to have positive reviews from patients who appreciate the caring and friendly staff. Some reviewers mentioned that the center has improved since its previous incarnation, with more accessible doctors and counselors. However, there were a few negative comments about the cost of treatment and some counselors who were not as supportive. Nonetheless, many reviewers expressed gratitude for the center's role in helping them overcome addiction and praised its dedication to saving lives.
- Friendly and dedicated staff who genuinely care about patients and their recovery process.
- Accessible and accommodating services, including same-day appointments and assistance with paperwork.
- Understanding and supportive environment, especially for individuals who have faced stigmatization and mistreatment elsewhere.
West End Clinic
5736 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63120, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers praised the facility for being clean with professional, caring staff who go above and beyond to support their recovery. Additionally, the counselors and doctors were highly praised for their understanding and effectiveness in helping patients. The only negative comment mentioned that the facility appeared to be in a lower-income area but still provided effective treatment. Overall, the center seems to provide helpful and caring services to those seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- Nice clean facility and professional staff.
- Counselors go above and beyond to help with recovery.
- Staff is caring and understanding, providing great support.
Behavioral Health Group - West Plains
1639 Bruce Smith Pkwy, West Plains, MO 65775, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The staff, particularly Tess and Jason, are commended for their compassion and personalized approach to patient care. The center is described as an answered prayer and a place that genuinely helps individuals struggling with addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as professional, caring, and compassionate. They go above and beyond to make the treatment work for each patient individually, showing genuine care and concern.
- Many reviewers credit this center with being an answered prayer and a miracle for themselves or their loved ones. It has helped people to overcome addiction and live fulfilling lives.
- The center receives high recommendations from reviewers who praise the staff, particularly mentioning the girls who work there as being great. It is seen as a place that truly helps those in need.
Behavioral Health Group - Kansas City, MO
2534 Campbell St, Kansas City, MO 64108, United StatesMany reviewers credit the Methadone treatment center with helping them overcome opioid addiction and turn their lives around. Staff was criticized for being unprofessional and not providing enough support and guidance for patients. Some reviewers also complained about long waiting times and lack of flexibility in scheduling appointments. Overall, the center's effectiveness in helping people achieve sobriety outweighed the negative experiences with staff and logistical issues.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers mentioned that the Methadone treatment center helped them or others in their recovery journey to clean up their lives. This suggests that the center has a track record of providing effective treatment for opioid addiction.
- Life-changing impact: Reviewers expressed gratitude for the center's assistance, indicating that it positively transformed their lives. This suggests that the Methadone treatment center offers a supportive and impactful program for individuals seeking to overcome their addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started