Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kearney, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 866 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Kearney. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kearney, MO
ReDiscover's Flory Center
1555 NE Rice Rd C, Lee's Summit, MO 64086The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive, with many expressing gratitude for the center's help in overcoming addiction and improving their mental health. The staff is praised for their supportiveness, understanding, and dedication to their clients. However, one review mentions a psychiatrist who may not be as helpful in diagnosing and treating mental health issues, but overall, the center is praised for its services and staff.
- Life-saving support: The center helped numerous individuals struggling with addiction, providing them with the necessary resources, counseling, and medication to overcome their challenges.
- Comprehensive mental health care: Rediscover offers a range of services for mental health assistance, including therapy, psychiatry, and group activities, showing a dedication to ensuring patients' mental well-being.
- Supportive and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned the staff's friendliness, understanding, and willingness to go above and beyond to provide support, creating a supportive and nurturing environment for patients.
Behavioral Health Group - Springfield
404 E Battlefield Rd, Springfield, MO 65807Overall, the majority of reviewers had positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center. The staff was described as friendly, caring, and dedicated to helping individuals struggling with addiction. Some reviewers mentioned that the center had improved since its previous iteration and that the counselors were more accessible and supportive. However, there were a few negative comments about the need for excessive paperwork and high rates.
- Staff is friendly, caring, and dedicated to helping patients in their recovery process.
- The center understands addiction and provides a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- They go above and beyond to accommodate patients, including fast-tracking appointments for immediate care.
St. Joseph Metro Treatment Center
3935 Sherman Ave, St Joseph, MO 64506This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its staff who are described as friendly, caring, and non-judgmental. The facility is praised for being clean and well-maintained, with great nurses and counselors. Many reviewers mention that the program and staff at this center have been instrumental in helping them recover and maintain sobriety.
- Friendly and caring staff who show concern for each individual, without judgment or making them feel like a POS for their past activities.
- Clean and well-maintained facility with top-notch medical staff, including great nurses and a caring doctor.
- Open every day to provide support and treatment for those in need, understanding the importance of avoiding withdrawal and pain.
Behavioral Health Group - Kansas City, MO
2534 Campbell St, Kansas City, MO 64108Multiple reviewers praised the Methadone treatment center for its success in helping people overcome opioid addiction and turn their lives around.
- Effective: Multiple reviews mention that the Methadone treatment center has helped many people clean up their lives. This indicates that the center has a track record of successfully treating opioid addiction with Methadone.
- Life-changing: The fact that several reviewers specifically mention that the center has helped them turn their lives around suggests that the center provides transformative treatment for opioid addiction.
Behavioral Health Group - Joplin
2919 E 4th St, Joplin, MO 64801The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Multiple reviewers praise the staff for their kindness, support, and non-judgmental attitude. The nurses and counselors are specifically mentioned as being helpful and available. The facility is described as caring, supportive, and effective in helping clients overcome addiction.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is highly praised for their availability, willingness to help, and dedication to helping patients succeed.
- The facility is known for its respectful and kind treatment of patients, from the nurses to the front desk staff.
- Many patients appreciate the supportive and non-judgmental attitude of the staff and counselors, who are described as caring and compassionate.
Midwest Institute for Addiction Treatment: Alcohol & Drug Rehab Kansas City MO
6300 N Lucerne Ave, Kansas City, MO 64151The Methadone treatment center, MIA (Midwest Institute for Addiction), is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. They praise the caring and supportive staff, doctors, and counselors who treat them like family and genuinely care about their recovery. Reviewers appreciate the flexibility in scheduling and the ability to reach out to the staff for support, making MIA a wonderful facility for addiction treatment.
- The center treats patients like family, providing support and understanding without pressuring them.
- The doctors and staff genuinely care about the well-being of patients and go above and beyond to assist in their recovery.
- Patients feel comfortable and supported by the staff, who are known for their compassion and attentiveness.
Behavioral Health Group - Columbia, MO
1301 Vandiver Dr Suite Y, Columbia, MO 65202The BHG Methadone treatment center stands out as the most helpful and caring pay clinic according to one reviewer who has dealt with multiple clinics across states. Another reviewer mentions that they have seen more equipped clinics elsewhere. One reviewer praises the center for providing effective help with addiction.
- The center is highly praised for its helpful and caring atmosphere. Reviewers appreciate the support they receive from the staff and describe it as the most helpful and caring pay clinic they have encountered.
- The center is recognized for being effective in helping individuals with addiction. Reviewers mention that the center has helped them a lot and is a good place to receive help for addiction.
- The center is described as well-equipped, indicating that it has the necessary resources and tools to provide effective treatment for opioid addiction.
Tri-County Mental Health Services CSTAR
4420 Chouteau Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64117C-Star, a recommended Methadone treatment center, is praised for its convenient location, dedicated staff, and supportive environment. The counselors, many of whom are ex-users with knowledge and experience in substance abuse, are passionate about helping individuals recover. The program is described as a great place for those seeking to get well, providing a balance between seriousness and fun.
- Convenient location and hours: The treatment center is located in a convenient location and offers hours that are convenient for patients.
- Dedicated staff with personal experience: The counselors at the center are ex-users with personal experience and knowledge of substance abuse. Their sobriety, education, and training fuel their passion for helping those suffering from substance abuse.
- Balanced approach to treatment: The program is dedicated to each person's well-being and is presented with room for fun. Patients can be serious when needed, but also have moments to lighten up and have fun.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started