Methadone Treatment Centers Near Saint Louis, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3364 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Saint Louis. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Saint Louis, MO
ARCA - Assisted Recovery Centers of America
1430 Olive St #100, St. Louis, MO 63103This Methadone treatment center, located at 1430 Olive boulevard, offers various programs and services for individuals struggling with opioid addiction. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and helpful, and many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives. The center provides medication, counseling, therapy, and additional resources to support recovery. However, some reviewers highlight the importance of actively participating and being committed to the treatment process to ensure success.
- Offers a variety of programs for individuals with different health issues and limitations, without requiring private pay insurance or Medicaid. Provides referrals to other programs.
- Provides a comprehensive treatment program for opioid addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders, with supportive and caring staff. Offers free medication, including Suboxone, and aids in smoking cessation.
St. Louis Metro Treatment Center
9733 St Charles Rock Rd, Breckenridge Hills, MO 63114The St. Louis Metro Treatment Center (SLMTC)/New Season is highly recommended for those struggling with opioid addiction. The staff, including counselors and nurses, are praised for their care and dedication to helping patients. The center offers a variety of resources such as medication-assisted treatment, counseling sessions, support groups, and employment opportunities for ex-felons and addicts. Many reviewers credit the clinic with saving their lives and helping them achieve recovery.
- Offers Methadone, Suboxone, and Vivitrol for Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) and has a successful track record in treating opioid addiction.
- Provides various types of counseling sessions and support groups, including one-on-one counseling and group counseling.
- Offers phase-up options for patients, allowing them to take home doses as they progress in their treatment, with a focus on clean drug tests, group attendance, and consistent dosing.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Charles
2027 Campus Dr, St Charles, MO 63301The Methadone Treatment center in St. Charles, Missouri is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. The staff, including the nurses and counselors, are friendly, caring, and invested in each patient's rehabilitation. The center is clean and well-maintained, and the services provided are superior to other treatment centers in the area. The staff truly cares about their patients' well-being and goes above and beyond to help them on their recovery journey.
- Friendly and caring staff, including nurses and counselors
- Clean and well-maintained facility
- Highly recommended by previous patients and friends
Center For Life Solutions
9144 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from individuals who credit the center for helping them overcome heroin addiction and improve their lives. Reviewers have mentioned that the staff, including counselors and nurses, are caring, friendly, and supportive. The program is highly recommended for those who are committed to their recovery and willing to adhere to the center's expectations and guidelines.
- Staff members genuinely care about your well-being and go out of their way to help you.
- The treatment center has a supportive and knowledgeable staff, offering insightful programming to help save lives.
- The facility is accessible and accepts Medicaid as a form of payment.
Queen of Peace Center
325 N Newstead Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive, with many reviewers expressing gratitude for the center's help in overcoming addiction. Reviewers appreciate the dedicated and supportive staff, as well as the additional services offered such as counseling, psychiatric help, and assistance with legal and medical issues. The center also receives praise for allowing patients to bring their children and for providing daycare services. Overall, reviewers believe that the program is effective and have found success in their recovery.
- Dedicated and committed staff who work hard to help people regain their lives.
- Provides inpatient and outpatient help for recovering addicts, along with various support services such as clothing, bus tickets, psychiatric help, and addressing medical issues.
- Allows individuals to keep their children with them during inpatient treatment, provides daycare facilities, and immediately accepts pregnant women.
West End Clinic
5736 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63120The Methadone treatment center in St. Louis has a clean facility with professional and caring staff. Patients appreciate the dedication and support they receive from the counselors, nurses, and doctors. The clinic is known for its efficient and effective treatment, with many individuals finding success in their recovery journey.
- Nice clean facility and professional staff.
- Counselors go above and beyond to help with recovery.
- Staff is understanding, caring, and great at their job.
Black Alcohol Drug Services Info
3654 S Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63118The Basic Methadone treatment center has been praised by several reviewers for its counseling services and supportive staff, with one reviewer expressing gratitude for their own sobriety after seven years. Many reviewers highlight the staff's personal experiences with addiction as a positive aspect of the center. Overall, the center is described as a life-changing and caring place, with reviewers grateful for the impact it has had on their lives.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are recovering addicts themselves, which means they understand what you're going through and can provide the support you need.
- The counseling services at this center are highly regarded by past patients, with multiple reviews mentioning the positive impact of the counseling on their recovery.
- Many reviewers express gratitude and a strong sense of support from the staff at this center, highlighting their caring approach and dedication to their patients' well-being.
Bridgeway Behavioral Health
4066 Dunnica Ave, St. Louis, MO 63116The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the supportive and non-judgmental staff who are dedicated to helping them overcome addiction. Many reviewers credit the program with saving their lives and highly recommend it to others in need. The center is also described as clean and staffed by experienced counselors. Overall, the reviews highlight the effectiveness and life-saving nature of the program.
- Supportive and non-judgmental staff: The counselors are described as nice, encouraging, positive, and supportive. They are understanding of addiction and provide a safe and non-judgmental environment for recovery.
- Convenient outpatient detox: The center offers an outpatient detox program that is suitable for those with busy lives and cannot commit to inpatient treatment for an extended period. It allows individuals to quickly get in for an initial consultation and receive the medicine needed to overcome withdrawal symptoms.
- Comprehensive support: The center provides more than just medication-assisted treatment. They offer assistance with housing, employment, and other needs to help individuals succeed in all areas of their life during the recovery process.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started