Methadone Treatment Centers Near Springfield, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 998 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Springfield. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Springfield, MO
Behavioral Health Group - Springfield
404 E Battlefield Rd, Springfield, MO 65807Overall, the reviews of this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive. Many reviewers praised the friendly and caring staff, as well as the effectiveness of the treatment. Some reviewers mentioned that the center is an improvement from previous experiences, with more accessible doctors and counselors. However, a few negative comments were made about the high cost of treatment and crowded facility.
- Staff is caring and dedicated: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is friendly, comforting, and truly cares about the patients' well-being. They go above and beyond to make patients feel supported and are committed to helping them in their recovery journey.
- Accessible and improved services: According to one review, the center has become more accessible, with staff and doctors being more available, and counselors being nicer and easier to get along with. This suggests that the center has made efforts to improve its services and provide a better experience for patients.
- Life-saving and effective treatment: Several reviews express gratitude towards the center for helping them achieve sobriety and giving them a chance at a better life. The center is described as understanding addiction and providing effective treatment, with caring staff who believe in the patients' potential for recovery.
CoxHealth Center for Addictions
1423 N Jefferson Ave, Springfield, MO 65802The Methadone treatment center has received rave reviews for its efficient and helpful staff, with mentions of the nurses, psychologists, and doctors being great, quick, friendly, and providing excellent care. The center is described as having a sense of sincere concern and care for every patient, with a focus on confidentiality. Multiple reviews mention the effectiveness of the treatment in helping with addiction and maintaining sobriety. However, one review notes that there may be confusion with the main hospital's reviews.
- Easy to get an appointment and quickly start medication
- Excellent and caring staff, including nurses, psychologists, and doctors
- Friendly and passionate staff dedicated to helping with addiction recovery
280 State Hwy T, Branson, MO 65616The Methadone treatment center, CORE, has been described as life-saving and instrumental in helping individuals get their lives back on track. The program offers a variety of resources, including assistance with finding employment and obtaining identification. Participants have praised the program for its focus on addressing the underlying causes of addiction and its emphasis on spiritual and personal growth. Overall, those who have gone through the program have experienced positive transformations and highly recommend it for those seeking recovery.
- Life-saving program: The Methadone treatment center has been credited with saving lives and helping individuals get their lives back on track.
- Comprehensive support: The center offers a range of services including job assistance, help with identification and licenses, and teaches the 12 steps of AA, providing a holistic approach to recovery.
- Experienced and empathetic staff: The people running the center have personal experience with addiction and are praised for their understanding and support, creating a positive and effective environment for recovery.
Higher Ground Recovery Center
2032 E Kearney St # 214, Springfield, MO 65803The Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Many reviewers appreciate the staff's care and support, as well as the incorporation of spiritual growth and the use of Bible-based principles in the recovery process. Some reviewers also mention the center's effectiveness in providing immediate help while waiting for an assessment. However, there is one negative review suggesting that the center may not be supportive if a person makes a mistake. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking recovery and is credited with saving lives and restoring relationships.
- Supportive and caring staff that integrates spiritual growth and recovery.
- Provides immediate program enrollment while waiting for assessment, preventing potential relapse.
Behavioral Health Group - Joplin
2919 E 4th St, Joplin, MO 64801The Methadone treatment center in Joplin has a highly supportive and helpful staff that plays a vital role in helping individuals maintain sobriety. The staff, including nurses and counselors like Theresa, are praised for their respect, kindness, and availability to clients during and after hours. Many reviewers appreciate the non-judgmental and compassionate atmosphere of the facility, as well as the effectiveness of the program when individuals are committed to working it.
- The staff members at BHG Joplin are highly praised for their availability, willingness to help, and vital role in supporting patients' sobriety.
- The facility is commended for its kind and respectful treatment of patients, from the nurses to the front desk personnel.
- The counselors, particularly Theresa, are highly regarded for their supportiveness, availability, and kind words of encouragement.
Behavioral Health Group - Northern Springfield
2551 W Kearney St, Springfield, MO 65803This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the atmosphere, program, and counselors, stating that it is the best place to overcome addiction. The staff is described as caring, knowledgeable, and non-judgmental, making it a life-saving and life-changing facility. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this center for treatment.
- Great atmosphere and caring staff
- Comprehensive program with medication-assisted treatment and counseling
- Life-saving and life-changing treatment
Heartland Center for Behavioral Change
1420 S Enterprise Ave STE J36, Springfield, MO 65804The majority of reviewers praised the Methadone treatment center for its compassionate staff and supportive environment. Patients felt that the center helped them overcome their addiction and provided effective counseling services. However, a few reviewers mentioned long wait times and difficulty in scheduling appointments as areas for improvement.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are very knowledgeable and professional. They took the time to explain the treatment process and answered all my questions, making me feel comfortable and reassured."
- The center offers convenient hours of operation, including weekends and evenings. This made it easier for me to fit my treatment appointments into my busy schedule, and I didn't have to take time off work."
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started