Methadone Treatment Centers Near St. Louis, MO
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3230 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in St. Louis. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near St. Louis, MO
ARCA - Assisted Recovery Centers of America
1430 Olive St #100, St. Louis, MO 63103The Methadone treatment center at 1430 Olive Boulevard offers a variety of programs for those struggling with opioid addiction. The staff is described as helpful, friendly, and caring. They provide medication, counseling, and other tools necessary for recovery, and are willing to work with individuals who may not have insurance or the ability to pay. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and highly recommend it for those seeking treatment.
- Variety of programs: The center offers a variety of programs to assist with a range of health issues, mental health disorders, and social/economic development.
- Supportive staff: The staff, including counselors, nurses, and doctors, are highly praised for their care, support, and dedication to helping patients on their journey to recovery.
- Accessible and quick service: Patients commented on the ease of getting seen, filling prescriptions, and the quick turnaround time for appointments and medication.
St. Louis Metro Treatment Center
9733 St Charles Rock Rd, Breckenridge Hills, MO 63114The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive. Patients appreciate the caring and dedicated staff, as well as the variety of services offered, such as counseling, group sessions, and support groups. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them achieve recovery. There are a few mentions of wait times and some negative experiences with counselors, but overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The doctors, nurses, and counselors at the center are highly praised for their dedication and care towards patients. They are described as some of the best in the field and genuinely care about helping people recover.
- The center offers a comprehensive program that includes medication-assisted treatment with Methadone, Suboxone, and Vivitrol. They also provide one-on-one counseling sessions and various support groups, giving patients access to different forms of support.
- The center is commended for helping individuals turn their lives around and saving lives. Many patients credit the center for their sobriety and improved relationships with their families. They also mention the cleanliness of the facility and the friendliness of staff.
New Season Treatment Center – St. Charles
2027 Campus Dr, St Charles, MO 63301The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients consistently praise the friendly and caring staff, particularly the counselors and nurses. Many reviewers specifically mention the positive impact their counselors have had on their recovery. The center is described as clean and well-organized, with limited wait times. Overall, the center is highly recommended for individuals seeking help with opiate addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the nurses and counselors at the Methadone treatment center are friendly, kind, and genuinely invested in their patients' well-being. They create a supportive and caring environment for individuals going through opioid addiction treatment.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Several reviewers commend the center for its cleanliness, including the bathrooms. A clean and well-maintained facility provides a comfortable and hygienic environment for patients during their treatment.
- Highly recommended by patients: Many reviewers highly recommend the center, praising the staff and the services provided. This indicates that the treatment center has helped numerous individuals in their recovery journey and has a positive reputation among its patients.
Center For Life Solutions
9144 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042This Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from several individuals who credit the center for helping them overcome opioid addiction and regain control of their lives. The staff, including counselors, nurses, and the administrator, are praised for their care and support. The center is noted for its relatively easy requirements and acceptance of Medicaid, making it accessible for those seeking recovery. Overall, the center is described as a positive and effective option for individuals who are committed to their journey towards sobriety.
- The staff members are caring, supportive, and go out of their way to help clients.
- The treatment center offers simple expectations for clients and takes Medicaid, making it accessible for those seeking help.
- The program is highly recommended, with insightful and life-saving programming.
Queen of Peace Center
325 N Newstead Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108The Methadone treatment center, Queen of Peace, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients and their loved ones. The staff is commended for their dedication, commitment, and support in helping individuals regain control of their lives. The center not only provides inpatient and outpatient treatment for addiction but also offers additional assistance, such as counseling, medical help, legal support, and help with housing and employment. Patients express gratitude for the life-changing impact the program has had, emphasizing the importance of personal commitment and effort in achieving success.
- Dedicated and committed staff: Multiple reviews emphasized the dedicated and committed staff at the Methadone treatment center, indicating that they are passionate about their work and helping individuals regain control of their lives.
- Additional support services: The center offers a range of additional support services such as counseling, medical assistance, psychiatric help, assistance with legal issues, clothing, bus tickets, daycare, and support for pregnant women. This comprehensive approach addresses various aspects of addiction and aids in recovery.
- Positive outcomes: Several reviewers shared personal success stories, stating that the center saved their lives, helped them overcome their dependency, and led to significant improvements in their lives. This indicates a positive track record and the potential for success with the program.
Bridgeway Behavioral Health
4066 Dunnica Ave, St. Louis, MO 63116The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center indicate a positive experience, with many praising the center's knowledgeable and supportive staff. Clients highlight the effectiveness of the Methadone treatment in helping them overcome opioid addiction and maintain sobriety. However, a few negative reviews mention long wait times and difficulty scheduling appointments, suggesting potential issues with the center's organization and efficiency.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers mentioned that the Methadone treatment provided at this center was effective in helping them overcome opioid addiction. Several people mentioned significant improvements in their withdrawal symptoms and overall well-being.
- Professional staff: The center received praise for its knowledgeable and compassionate staff. Reviewers mentioned that the staff members were experienced in dealing with addiction and provided support and guidance throughout the treatment process.
- Comfortable environment: Several reviewers appreciated the welcoming and comfortable environment of the center. They mentioned that the facility was clean and well-maintained, and the atmosphere was non-judgmental and supportive.
West End Clinic
5736 W Florissant Ave, St. Louis, MO 63120The reviews express overall satisfaction with the Methadone treatment center. The facility is described as clean and the staff as professional and understanding. Many reviewers mention that the counselors, nurses, and doctors provide excellent care and are supportive throughout the recovery process. The clinic is also praised for its group therapy sessions and for helping patients get their lives back on track.
- Clean facility and professional staff
- Counselors go above and beyond to help with recovery
- Staff truly cares about patients and their well-being
Black Alcohol Drug Services Info
3654 S Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63118The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its patients. Many have praised the staff for being understanding and experienced in addiction recovery, with specific shoutouts to counselors like Ms. Donna. The center is credited with helping individuals change their lives and achieve long-term recovery. Overall, patients have expressed gratitude and appreciation for the caring and supportive environment provided by the center.
- Supportive and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this Methadone treatment center are recovering addicts themselves, which allows them to truly understand what patients are going through and provide empathetic support.
- Successful track record: Many reviews mention long-term sobriety and gratitude for the center's role in their recovery journey, indicating that this treatment center has a positive track record in helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Personalized approach: Unlike other programs that may rely on textbook methods, this center provides individualized treatment plans and counseling services, ensuring that each patient's unique needs are addressed.
4022 S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63118The Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its life-saving efforts, the caring and non-judgmental staff, and the support and resources provided for addicts and their families. The center is known for its harm reduction approach, offering free Narcan and recovery meetings. Many reviews express gratitude for how the center has positively impacted their lives and helped them or their loved ones turn their lives around.
- Life-saving interventions: The center provides free Narcan and has successfully saved lives by administering it to individuals experiencing opioid overdose.
- Non-judgmental and compassionate staff: The staff at this center is described as understanding, caring, and non-judgmental. They provide support, love, and respect to individuals struggling with addiction, reminding them that they are still human and never giving up on them.
- Support for families: The center offers support and education for family members of individuals struggling with addiction, providing tools and a sense of community for coping with the challenges of having a loved one in active addiction.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started