Methadone Treatment Centers Near Manchester, NH
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 908 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Manchester. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Manchester, NH
Manchester Metro Treatment Center
228 Maple St, Manchester, NH 03103The majority of reviews express gratitude and praise for the Methadone treatment center. The staff, nurses, and counselors are often described as amazing, compassionate, and helpful. Many reviewers credit the center for helping them achieve and maintain sobriety, some for several years. While a few mention occasional wait times and turnover among staff, the overall consensus is that the center is a great place to seek recovery and that the level of success depends on the individual's commitment.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center is dedicated and goes above and beyond to ensure patients receive their medication, even staying late and working extra hours to accommodate them.
- Many reviewers express gratitude towards the clinic and credit it with saving their lives. The compassionate and understanding approach of the staff is highly appreciated and helpful for those seeking recovery.
- The center allows patients to progress at their own pace, offering personalized treatment plans that allow for gradual reductions in medication dosage. This flexibility has helped several individuals achieve long-term sobriety.
Groups Recover Together
377 S Willow St Ste B2-5, Manchester, NH 03103Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers credit their success and sobriety to the support and care they receive from both the staff and their fellow group members. The program is described as helpful, accountable, compassionate, and flexible. Some reviewers also express gratitude for the quick access to treatment and the caring nature of the staff. There is a strong recommendation for others seeking help for opioid addiction to consider this center.
- Strong sense of community and support: The Methadone treatment center creates a strong sense of community and support, with members of the groups becoming like family. The love and support received from both the staff and the group members are highly valued and contribute to the success of individuals in their recovery journey.
- Effective program structure: The center has a fantastic system in place that includes regular group therapy sessions and accountability, which is beneficial for individuals to stay on track with their recovery process. The program is described as compassionate, understanding, flexible, and realistic about the recovery process.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: The staff, including the doctors, counselors, and receptionists, are described as caring and knowledgeable. They put the well-being and recovery of patients first and have a genuine desire to help individuals overcome their addiction to opioids.
Manchester Comprehensive Treatment Center
20 Market St, Manchester, NH 03101Customers praise the helpful and friendly staff at this Methadone treatment center, recommending it for its support and emphasis on sobriety. It is described as a place that has saved lives and is dedicated to helping individuals who are committed to their recovery journey.
- Staff is helpful and friendly: The center is praised for its staff going out of their way to help and being consistently nice to patients.
- Takes sobriety seriously: The center is described as taking sobriety seriously and providing a treatment environment where individuals who are committed to being sober can succeed.
Health Care Resource Centers Hudson
323 Derry Rd, Hudson, NH 03051The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, including the nurses and counselors. The center is commended for providing structure, acceptance, and privacy. Some reviews mention that the treatment process may take longer, but the staff works closely with each patient to support their individual needs. Overall, patients express gratitude for the positive impact the center has had on their recovery journey.
- The staff, including nurses and counselors, are consistently praised for their caring and positive attitudes, making patients feel supported and valued.
- The center is commended for its ability to provide structure, acceptance, and support to individuals going through recovery, while allowing them to progress at their own pace.
- The facility appears to prioritize patient privacy and respect, creating a safe and non-judgmental environment for those seeking treatment.
Concord Metro Treatment Center
100 Hall St, Concord, NH 03301The majority of the reviews express deep gratitude for the Methadone treatment center, stating that it saved lives and the staff is amazing, kind, understanding, and always there for support. Some concerns about cost were mentioned, with one person hoping for better assistance with Medicare. Another review mentioned a positive experience with a counselor and a comment about confidentiality, but overall, the clinic is credited with saving lives and providing crucial help for addiction recovery.
- Life-saving treatment: Multiple reviews mention that this Methadone treatment center has saved their lives and their loved ones' lives, indicating the effectiveness of their treatment.
- Supportive and caring staff: Reviewers appreciate the kindness, understanding, and availability of the staff, mentioning that they are always there for support. This indicates that the center offers a supportive and caring environment for patients.
Health Care Resource Centers Somersworth
200 NH-108, Somersworth, NH 03878The Methadone treatment center has received overall positive reviews, with many reviewers crediting it for helping them overcome their addiction to opioids. Some reviewers did mention a couple of areas for improvement, such as long lines on Saturdays and turnover of counselors. However, the majority of reviewers appreciate the support and stability provided by the clinic, with several noting that it has helped them stay clean and regain control of their lives. Overall, the clinic is highly praised for its life-saving impact and there is a demand for more similar facilities in the area.
- This treatment center has been highly effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction and stay clean and sober.
- The staff at this center are supportive and provide a safe environment for recovery.
- The program at this center has proven to be helpful in stabilizing lives and promoting a sense of order for individuals struggling with addiction.
New Season Treatment Center – Franklin
880 Central St Suite 10, Franklin, NH 03235The reviews consistently praise the staff at this Methadone treatment center, describing them as caring, knowledgeable, and respectful. They appreciate the welcoming and efficient atmosphere, even during guest dosing. The overall consensus is that the staff is amazing and the center has been incredibly helpful in the recovery journey.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at this Methadone treatment center are amazing, welcoming, and genuinely care about the patients.
- Efficient service and shorter wait times: Guests and patients mentioned that the staff is quick and efficient, ensuring a smooth and timely experience, unlike some other clinics where they had to wait for long periods.
- High level of respect and kindness: Several reviews highlighted the high respect and kindness shown by the staff at this center, creating a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started