Methadone Treatment Centers Near Ewing, NJ
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2685 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Ewing. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Ewing, NJ
New Horizon Treatment Services
132 Perry St, Trenton, NJ 08618The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are mostly positive, with many people stating that the program has saved their lives and helped them overcome addiction. The staff, particularly the counselors, are praised for their dedication and support. However, there are a few negative comments about the turnover of counselors and some concerns about customer service. Overall, the center is seen as a helpful and effective place for those struggling with addiction.
- The program has helped numerous individuals achieve long-term sobriety and change their lives.
- The staff, particularly counselors Jason and Jessica, go above and beyond to support and look out for clients.
- The nurses at the center are highly regarded for their professionalism and quality of care.
Trenton Treatment Services
801 New York Ave, Trenton, NJ 08638The first review is from someone seeking help and wanting to transfer to the methadone treatment center for better assistance with their addiction. The second review is unrelated and praises the facility for their nursing home services. The remaining reviews express positive experiences with the treatment center, mentioning helpful and caring staff, a great understanding doctor, and the program being effective in getting their lives back on track. Overall, the reviews indicate that the center provides good care and support for those seeking to overcome opioid addiction.
- The staff at the center is caring and provides great care.
- The program helps individuals start over and get their life back on track.
- The facility offers fast service and has good counselors.
Outreach Suboxone and MAT Addiction Treatment Clinics
3 Lincoln Hwy #315, Edison, NJ 08820The majority of the reviews mention the caring and compassionate staff at the Methadone treatment center. Many reviewers specifically mention Dasha, the front desk manager, as someone who goes above and beyond to provide support and assistance. The center is commended for participating with insurance, providing timely appointments and refills, and offering a safe and non-judgmental environment for recovery. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this treatment center for those seeking addiction help.
- Accepts Medicaid and Horizon insurance, making it accessible for those with financial constraints.
- Staff genuinely cares about patients, providing compassion, support, and encouragement.
- Front desk staff, specifically Dasha, goes above and beyond to assist patients with scheduling, insurance issues, and providing necessary documents.
Hamilton Treatment Services
3444 Quakerbridge Rd Building 1A, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The clinic is described as clean, modern, and located in a nice area. The staff is praised for being polite, professional, and hella nice. The counselors are also highly regarded for their passion and willingness to help. Overall, the clinic is recommended for its facilities and caring staff.
- Passionate and caring counselor: The clinic has a counselor named Tina who is highly praised for her passion and willingness to help others.
- Professional and polite staff: From the medical staff to the nursing team and clinical staff, the center is commended for their professionalism and politeness.
- Clean and modern facility: The clinic is described as super clean and modern, offering a pleasant and comfortable environment for patients.
Level Up Treatment Lawrenceville (276 Bakers Detox LLC)
276 Bakers Basin Rd, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648This Methadone treatment center has received highly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as respectful, understanding, and going out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay. The food is praised, and the rooms are cleaned daily. Many patients specifically mentioned Anthony and Steve as exceptional staff members. The center is commended for providing a supportive environment and a strong plan for sobriety. The nursing staff is described as exceptional, and specific staff members like Kyle Rooney and Ashanti received recognition for their contributions to patients' treatment. The facility is described as clean and modern. Patients felt safe, supported, and welcomed into a community at We Level Up. The food is described as great. Some criticisms included the strict rules around personal belongings and the treatment center feeling more like a psych ward than a comfortable home. However, the caring and invested staff were highlighted as a positive aspect of the experience. Overall, patients highly recommend this Methadone treatment center for those seeking help with addiction.
- The staff is respectful, understanding, and goes out of their way to ensure a comfortable stay.
- The food is good and the rooms are cleaned daily.
- The nursing and provider staff are exceptional and provide professional and understanding treatment options.
Delaware Valley Medical
7980 S Crescent Blvd, Pennsauken Township, NJ 08109Overall, the reviews indicate that the Methadone treatment center is generally recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction. Some reviewers mention positive experiences with the staff, particularly praising Lenny, the counselor manager, for his professionalism and care. However, there are also complaints about limited hours and some concerns about the clinic's motivations, with one reviewer expressing skepticism about their intentions.
- Patients are treated with dignity and respect.
- The staff is caring and supportive.
- The treatment center has been effective in helping individuals get clean from heroin addiction.
Somerdale Treatment Services
1200 S White Horse Pike Suite 10, Somerdale, NJ 08083The reviews for Bravo Medical Center, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, especially counselor Jacqueline, who goes above and beyond for her patients. The clinic is described as clean, welcoming, and effective in helping individuals on their road to recovery. However, it is unclear if they provide services for children based on the Google translated review.
- Positive and supportive staff: The reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is friendly, welcoming, and caring. They go the extra mile to ensure that patients feel important and are on the path to recovery.
- Impactful counselors and counselors: One reviewer specifically praises a counselor named Jacqueline, who is described as going "above and beyond" and being a huge sweetheart. Another reviewer mentions that talking to a counselor or nurse improves their mood significantly.
- Clean and new facility: The center is described as very clean and new, which can contribute to a comfortable and positive environment for patients seeking treatment.
Summit Behavioral Health Princeton Junction
4065 Quakerbridge Rd, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550The Methadone treatment center, Summit, receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients commend the caring and empathetic staff, describing them as knowledgeable, professional, and compassionate. They appreciate the tailored treatment plans and the sense of community that supports their recovery journey.
- Genuinely kindhearted and empathetic staff: The staff at Summit is described as kindhearted, open, and empathetic. They create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals don't feel judged but supported.
- Tailored treatment and trusting bond with clinicians: The clinicians at Summit tailor their treatment to each individual and develop a trusting bond with their patients. This personalized approach is seen as more effective and successful compared to traditional therapy.
- Supportive and welcoming atmosphere: Patients feel supported and welcomed at Summit. The staff goes out of their way to make everyone comfortable and provide an amazing level of care.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started