Methadone Treatment Centers Near Linden, NJ
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1134 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Linden. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Linden, NJ
The Lennard Clinic
461 Frelinghuysen Ave, Newark, NJ 07114The reviews overall indicate that the Methadone treatment center has a mix of good and bad counselors, but there are several counselors that are highly praised, such as Ms. Sharmanique Outlaw and Ms. Vera. The staff, including nurses and administrators, are also commended for their friendly and attentive approach. Many reviewers mention the positive changes and safety measures implemented by the clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Positive and caring counselors: Multiple reviews mention specific counselors who are described as caring, helpful, and attentive. These counselors create a supportive environment for clients and are instrumental in their recovery journey.
- Welcoming and friendly staff: The staff at the Methadone treatment center is praised for being friendly, welcoming, and accommodating. The receptionist is specifically mentioned as being a blessing, and other staff members such as nurses and administrators are recognized for their availability and friendliness.
- Safe and clean environment: The center is commended for maintaining a clean and pleasant atmosphere with continual maintenance. This is especially appreciated during the COVID-19 pandemic, as the center takes steps to ensure a safe environment for clients.
Organization For Recovery
519 North Ave, Plainfield, NJ 07060The Organization for Recovery (OFR) is highly recommended by multiple reviewers. They have a great program with options for methadone or suboxone treatment, and the counselors are exceptional and truly care about their patients' recovery. The staff at OFR is described as kind, loving, and supportive, and many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and helping them maintain long-term sobriety. Overall, reviewers are extremely grateful for the help they received at OFR and highly recommend it for those serious about getting clean.
- Excellent counselors who genuinely care about their patients and go above and beyond to help them in their recovery journey.
- The organization is open to feedback and actively implements positive changes suggested by patients to improve their program.
- The staff, including counselors and drivers, are kind, loving, and supportive, creating a welcoming and friendly environment for patients seeking treatment.
Outreach Suboxone and MAT Addiction Treatment Clinics
3 Lincoln Hwy #315, Edison, NJ 08820The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff, including the doctors, therapists, and front desk personnel, are described as caring, compassionate, and understanding. They go above and beyond to help patients, including accommodating schedule conflicts and assisting with insurance issues. The overall experience at the center is described as a breath of fresh air and a godsend, providing the tools needed for recovery. Patients highly recommend this center for anyone seeking genuine care and support in their journey to sobriety.
- Participates with insurance and offers timely refills and appointments.
- Staff genuinely cares about patients' well-being and goes above and beyond to provide compassionate care.
- Patients are treated with respect and made to feel comfortable, making recovery easier.
Woodbridge Treatment Services
670 US-1, Iselin, NJ 08830The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are highly positive, with praise for the compassionate and caring staff. Many reviewers specifically mention counselors Breanna and Darlene as being exceptional. The nurses are also praised for their kindness and non-judgmental approach. Overall, the reviews indicate that this facility is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Compassionate and caring staff who truly care about each individual and make them feel supported and valued.
- The counselors and nurses are kind, non-judgmental, and treat patients like old friends, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Knowledgeable team who provide high-quality care, help patients reach their treatment goals, and have a positive impact on their lives.
Central Jersey Comprehensive Treatment Center
111 NJ-35, Cliffwood, NJ 07721The Methadone treatment center used to be unhygienic but has now moved to a new location which is clean and well-maintained. The staff is caring and attentive, providing a positive experience for patients. The wait time is minimal and there are multiple nurses available for dosing. Overall, the treatment center is recommended for those serious about recovery.
- Clean and remodeled facility with private dosing booths and efficient dosing process.
- Caring and supportive staff, including recovery coaches and lab technicians.
- Minimal wait times for dosing, with average wait time being under 5 minutes.
American Habitare & Counseling
687 Frelinghuysen Ave, Newark, NJ 07114Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. The staff is highly praised for being respectful, professional, and caring. Some issues were mentioned, such as a mistake with documenting bottle returns and the importance of being ready and committed to the treatment. However, the overall impression is that the center provides excellent care and assistance to those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- The staff is respectful, professional, and very helpful.
- The nurses are caring, kind, and patient.
- The clinic has exceptional technology and the staff is truly caring.
Khaleidoscope Health Care
75 Harrison Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07304Khaleidoscope Health Care Inc. is highly praised for its integrated healthcare services and wide range of treatments, including personal counseling and group therapy. The staff and medical faculty are commended for being supportive and effective in helping individuals overcome addiction. Overall, the center is described as a warm and welcoming place that offers significant changes and improvements in people's lives.
- Wide range of treatment options offered, including personal counseling and group and individual therapy.
- Dedicated staff and licensed counselors available on-site to provide support and assistance.
- Positive impact on individuals' lives, helping them stay clean and avoid negative influences.
Suburban Health Clinic
43 Progress St, Union, NJ 07083The Methadone treatment center has received praise for its efforts in saving lives and helping people return to a normal life. The center is commended for being supportive and accommodating to individual needs. There is a desire for more consistency with staff members, but overall the center is seen as a life-saving and impactful establishment with a knowledgeable and helpful staff.
- Highly supportive staff: The center has a knowledgeable and supportive staff who are dedicated to meeting the unique needs of their patients.
- Life-changing program: Patients have reported that the center's program has been a life changer for them, helping them to get clean and act and behave like normal individuals.
- Professional and helpful atmosphere: The center is praised for providing great service and a professional atmosphere, with staff members who are described as super helpful.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started