Methadone Treatment Centers Near Los Lunas, NM
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3949 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Los Lunas. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Los Lunas, NM
Turning Point Recovery Center
9201 Montgomery Blvd NE ste v, Albuquerque, NM 87111Turning Point Recovery Center is highly recommended by multiple reviewers who credit the center with saving their lives and providing excellent care. The staff is consistently praised for their knowledge, support, and dedication to helping clients in their recovery journey. The program is described as educational, with various activities and resources offered to clients, and the facilities are clean and comfortable. However, there is one critical review that questions the evidence-based approach of the center in relation to suboxone.
- The staff at Turning Point Recovery Center are knowledgeable, supportive, and caring. Many reviewers specifically mention staff members who have been instrumental in their recovery journey, such as Michael, Christopher, Harley, Kelly, Chris, and Jeremy.
- Turning Point offers a variety of programs and services, including inpatient programs, intensive outpatient programs, detox houses, and sober living. Reviewers appreciate the range of options available and mention that these programs have helped them immensely in their recovery.
- The program at Turning Point is described as effective and life-changing. Reviewers mention that their experience at Turning Point has saved and changed their lives, helped them build a solid foundation for recovery, and provided them with the tools and resources needed to succeed in their journey to sobriety. Some reviewers also highlight the positive and supportive environment created by the staff.
New Season Treatment Center – Central New Mexico
630 Haines Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102The majority of reviewers had positive experiences at the Methadone treatment center. They highlighted the caring and supportive staff, the positive changes made by the new manager, and the overall effectiveness of the treatment. Some reviewers mentioned a high turnover of nursing staff and the need for consistency with counselors. However, overall, the clinic was praised for its professionalism, compassion, and ability to help individuals struggling with addiction.
- Caring and supportive staff: Multiple reviewers praise the nursing staff and counselors for their compassion and dedication to helping patients overcome addiction.
- Life-changing results: Many reviewers credit the clinic with saving their lives and helping them achieve long-term sobriety.
- Quick and efficient intake process: Several reviewers mention that the clinic was able to get them started on methadone treatment quickly and without much delay, providing immediate relief from withdrawal symptoms.
UNM Hospitals ASAP
2600 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive. Users praise the friendly and supportive staff, efficient appointment scheduling, and the comprehensive care provided. Some users mention specific doctors and counselors who have gone above and beyond to help them on their recovery journey. The only negative feedback mentioned is regarding wait times for counseling sessions. Overall, this center is highly recommended for addiction treatment and mental health support.
- Friendly and supportive staff who listen to your problems and are caring.
- Offers a comprehensive program for addiction treatment, including counseling and case management.
- Open for extended hours, accommodating patients' needs to earn take-home medication.
- Provides a comfortable and non-judgmental environment.
- Staff treats patients with respect, abides by confidentiality laws, and ensures privacy.
- Offers a variety of supportive services, such as art classes and primary care.
- Some patients have reported significant positive changes and have had their lives saved by the clinic.
- The front desk staff is helpful, and the medical staff genuinely cares about patients.
- Convenient appointment wait times, typically in and out quickly.
- The clinic has resolved previous complaints satisfactorily.
- Described as the best clinic in the area for addiction treatment.
- Patients appreciate the kindness and assistance received at the clinic.
Duke City Recovery Toolbox
912 1st St NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102Overall, the Duke City Recovery Toolbox (DCRT) has a mix of positive and negative reviews. Some reviewers appreciate the staff and services provided, stating that it has helped them turn their lives around and has been instrumental in their recovery. Others, however, feel that they are not treated with respect and have had negative experiences. The clinic is also mentioned to take on too many new patients.
- Friendly and supportive staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Duke City Recovery Tool Box is kind, welcoming, and helpful.
- Life-changing results: Several reviewers express gratitude for the positive impact the treatment center has had on their lives, with some reporting long-term sobriety and improved well-being.
- Comprehensive services: Reviews highlight the availability of individual and group therapy, counseling, and other programs, suggesting that Duke City Recovery Tool Box offers a comprehensive approach to recovery.
State of the Heart Recovery Inc
203 California St NE, Albuquerque, NM 87108State of the Heart clinic is highly praised for its comprehensive approach to methadone treatment, which includes providing essential resources such as showers, clothing, and meals, as well as assistance with documentation and housing. The staff is consistently commended for their understanding, kindness, and dedication to helping patients recover. Overall, patients appreciate the personalized and caring environment provided by the clinic.
- State of the Heart clinic offers additional support services like showers, clothing, and meals, as well as assistance with obtaining important documents (birth certificate, social security card, ID, or driver's license) and housing.
- The staff at the clinic is described as understanding, kind, and helpful, providing a relaxed and supportive environment for recovery.
- The clinic is praised for its thorough intake process, offering incentives for attending counseling sessions, opportunities for volunteering and paid positions, as well as various amenities like laundry facilities and workout equipment.
Albuquerque Treatment Services
123 Madeira Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108The majority of the reviews are positive, with many expressing gratitude for the staff and counselors. The clinic is praised for its clean atmosphere, efficient intake process, and the respect shown to patients. There are a few mentions of negative aspects, such as Saturdays being busy and occasional turnover of nurses and counselors, but overall, the clinic is well-regarded as a reliable and helpful treatment center.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this Methadone treatment center is kind, friendly, and goes out of their way to help patients. They are described as cool, awesome, and down-to-earth, with some specific staff members mentioned by name.
- Clean and professional atmosphere: Reviewers appreciate the clean and professional atmosphere of the clinic. The facility is described as nice and clean, with employees being described as being all business. There are no reports of potential drug dealers in the parking lot, and patients feel that they can maintain their anonymity if desired.
- Quick and easy intake process: The intake process at this clinic is described as quick and easy. Patients mention that they were taken in without waiting, and the overall efficiency of the clinic is praised.
- Nurses and counselors are caring: The nurses and counselors at this clinic are commended for their care and dedication to patients' wellbeing. They are described as patient, kind, and treating patients with respect.
- Lifesaving treatment: Multiple reviews mention that Methadone treatment at this clinic has saved their lives. The efficacy of the treatment is praised, and patients express gratitude for the help they have received.
- Note: The pros are based on the information provided in the reviews and may not necessarily represent all aspects of the Methadone treatment center.
Recovery Services of New Mexico Five Points Clinic
1528 5 Points Rd SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive and highlight the life-changing impact it has had on individuals struggling with addiction. The staff is described as friendly, caring, and professional. The center is commended for its affordability and non-judgmental approach. Some reviewers specifically mention the positive experiences with counselors and the help they provide. However, there is one criticism regarding the limited operating hours of the center.
- The staff is respectful, caring, and handles patients struggling with addiction with love and care.
- The clinic offers a variety of drug addiction treatments, specializing in methadone distribution, and has been life-changing for many clients.
- The staff, including counselors and medical professionals, are professional and polite, providing help and counseling to those in need.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started