Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Canandaigua, NY
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Canandaigua for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 74 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Canandaigua can cater to your needs.
Top 12 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Canandaigua, NY
FLACRA - Teller Square
28 E Main St, Clifton Springs, NY 14432The addiction treatment center has received mixed reviews from past clients and employees. Some positive feedback highlights the dedication and hard work of the staff, the range of services offered, and the positive impact the center has had on their lives. However, there are also negative reviews that mention issues with communication, unprofessional behavior, and concerns about the quality of care provided. Potential users should carefully consider these varying perspectives before making a decision.
- Based on the reviews, here are some pros for the addiction treatment center:
- They have a committed staff who genuinely try to help and are described as friendly and wonderful counselors.
- They offer a full range of services, including counseling, housing, and employment services, providing a premier service to the finger lakes region.
- There is a new director bringing a more responsible and professional environment to the center.
- Overall, while there are mixed reviews, the center seems to have staff who are dedicated to helping individuals with addiction and providing a positive experience.
FLACRA - Farmington Outpatient Clinic
1386 Hathaway Dr Suite A, Farmington, NY 14425FLACRA is known for providing comprehensive and compassionate care to individuals with substance use disorders and mental illness, offering a range of services from detox and residential treatment to outpatient care. The center is praised for having excellent clinicians who support patients throughout their recovery journey.
- Comprehensive care: The addiction treatment center offers a wide range of services, including detox, residential care, case management, outpatient programs, and emergency services. This indicates a comprehensive approach to addressing substance use disorders and mental illness.
- Excellent clinicians: The center is praised for having excellent clinicians. This suggests that the staff members are knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated to providing quality care to individuals seeking addiction treatment.
435 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14620The addiction treatment center in question has received positive reviews for their effective counseling, supportive group therapy sessions, and overall success in helping individuals maintain abstinence from substances. The staff, particularly one counselor named Matt Lanzoni, is highly praised for their understanding and assistance. Patients also express gratitude for the center's role in saving their lives.
- Great counselor support and helpful group sessions
- Strong focus on sustained abstinence and saving oneself
FLACRA - Otte Hall
621 Church St, Newark, NY 14513The staff at the addiction treatment center is highly praised for their friendliness and helpfulness.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center are friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals seeking help with substance abuse.
- Supportive atmosphere: Several reviews highlight the positive and supportive atmosphere at this addiction treatment center, indicating that individuals feel comfortable and encouraged throughout their rehabilitation journey.
- Comprehensive approach: Although not explicitly mentioned in the provided reviews, it can be inferred that this addiction treatment center takes a comprehensive approach to addressing substance abuse, as indicated by the positive experiences shared by reviewers.
906 Spencer St, Syracuse, NY 13204The Prevention Network addiction treatment center has received positive reviews for having a great staff and providing excellent resources and advocacy for the community. While there may be some issues with customer service, the instructors are highly regarded.
- Great staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at this addiction treatment center is top-notch and highly skilled.
- Quality service: The center is praised for providing high-quality services to the community and is recognized for their efforts in promoting a healthier community.
Professional Counseling Services
5700 Genesee St #118, Camillus, NY 13031Reviewers had positive experiences with the addiction treatment center, particularly with Roger D. Howard LMHC, who was described as easy to talk to and genuinely caring. One reviewer mentioned that he went above and beyond to help ensure their paperwork was submitted on time. Overall, the reviewers expressed gratitude for their experiences at the center.
- Compassionate and caring staff: The reviewer had a positive experience with Roger D. Howard, who was described as easy to talk to and genuinely caring.
- Prompt and efficient service: The reviewer mentioned being in a time crunch, but the staff at the center went the extra mile to ensure that their paperwork was delivered on time.
FLACRA - Newark Outpatient Clinic
310 W Union St, Newark, NY 14513The addiction treatment center is praised for its effectiveness in helping individuals achieve and maintain sobriety. Reviewers appreciate the calm and peaceful atmosphere that contributes to their recovery journey. Overall, it is seen as a valuable and helpful place for substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Offers valuable assistance in getting and staying clean.
- Provides a nice and calm atmosphere for recovery.
FLACRA - Connections: Rounded Recovery
64 West Ave, Canandaigua, NY 14424The addiction treatment center is described as a safe and engaging place where individuals with mental health difficulties can socialize and participate in activities of their choosing. The center is peer-driven and offers accessible and confidential support for those struggling with addiction and its consequences. It is praised for empowering individuals and allowing them to reach their full potential within a supportive community.
- Safe environment with plenty of activities: The addiction treatment center is described as a safe place that offers a variety of activities for individuals seeking treatment. This can provide a positive and engaging experience for those in recovery.
- Peer-driven recovery center: The center is noted as being driven by peers, meaning that it is a community-based program where individuals can connect with others who have similar experiences. This can offer a sense of understanding and support during the recovery process.
- Accessibility and confidentiality: The center is praised for being accessible and providing confidential support. This can be important for individuals who require discreet and convenient treatment options.
Catholic Family Center
407 E Union St, Newark, NY 14513The addiction treatment center has received positive reviews from customers who have personally witnessed its effectiveness.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center is highly experienced and knowledgeable. They provide excellent guidance and support throughout the entire rehabilitation process."
- The facilities are well-maintained and provide a safe and comfortable environment for recovery. The center offers various amenities that contribute to the overall wellness of the clients."
Clifton Springs Behavioral Health, Chemical Dependency
North Entrance, 2 Coulter Rd, Clifton Springs, NY 14432Clients praised the addiction treatment center for their assistance and support, particularly mentioning the help received in 2010. One review emphasized the staff's qualifications, noting that they have a degree in psychology. Overall, the center was described as ready and willing to provide assistance to those seeking addiction treatment.
- Experienced and Qualified Staff: The addiction treatment center is praised for having a staff that includes individuals who have obtained a degree in psychology. This suggests that the center has a team of professionals with the knowledge and expertise to provide effective support and treatment for substance abuse.
- Personalized Assistance: According to a review, the center is described as ready and willing to help. This indicates that they offer personalized assistance tailored to the specific needs of each individual seeking treatment. This can be crucial for a successful recovery journey, as personalized care can address the unique challenges and circumstances of each person.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started