Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Dunkirk, NY
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Dunkirk for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 145 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Dunkirk can cater to your needs.
Top 6 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Dunkirk, NY
158 Holden St, Buffalo, NY 14214Positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight the friendly and caring counselors and staff who provide assistance to individuals struggling with addiction. Reviewers express feeling non-judged and appreciated the support offered at the center. Some reviewers mention that the center saved their lives.
- Friendly and caring counselors and staff who do not judge individuals based solely on their addiction.
- They have saved lives and provided stability through methadone maintenance.
- Quick service with minimal wait times in some cases.
- Great medication provided.
- Some counselors are attentive, helpful, and knowledgeable about addiction.
21 King St W 5th Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 4W7, CanadaThe addiction treatment center received positive reviews for its therapists and counseling sessions. Clients mentioned feeling comfortable and immediately opening up to the therapists. They appreciated the helpful insights, strategies, and lessons provided during the sessions. Many expressed gratitude for the positive impact the center had on their lives and recommended it to others.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable therapists: The addiction treatment center has therapists who are described as warm, kind, educated, experienced, and professional by multiple reviewers. They have helped clients deal with stress, anxiety, depression, and other issues effectively.
- Helpful and informative counseling sessions: The counseling sessions are praised for being informative, providing valuable guidance, and teaching practical strategies to cope with difficult situations. Many reviewers mention feeling better and gaining tools to improve their mental health and personal growth after just a few sessions.
- Positive and supportive environment: Reviewers appreciate the non-judgmental and compassionate approach of the therapists. They feel heard, understood, and supported during their sessions. The atmosphere is described as comfortable and professional.
Lakeside Medical Care
276 W Main St, Fredonia, NY 14063Positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight Dr. Sasse and his staff's professionalism, friendliness, and understanding. Patients appreciate that they are treated with kindness and that the staff is responsive to their needs. The center is also praised for being clean and well-managed.
- The staff at the addiction treatment center is described as friendly, understanding, and caring.
- The center is praised for its knowledgeable and professional doctors.
- The process of getting a medical card at the center is described as quick and easy.
Alcohol Drug & Gambling Services
21 Hunter St E, Hamilton, ON L8N 1M2, CanadaThe addiction treatment center received positive reviews for having an excellent support system, being very professional, and maintaining confidentiality. Clients appreciated the help they received and felt that the center genuinely cared about their well-being.
- Excellent support system: Despite the negative experiences mentioned in the reviews, one reviewer highlighted that the addiction treatment center provided excellent support. This suggests that the center has a strong support system in place to assist individuals in their recovery journey.
- Very professional and confidential: Another positive aspect mentioned in the reviews is that the addiction treatment center is described as being very professional and offering confidential services. This indicates that the center prioritizes privacy and maintains a high level of professionalism in their approach to treatment.
1611 Peach St, Erie, PA 16501Positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the lack of a physical location, specifying that the program is centered around the Alcanon Club at 926 East 6th St. The reviews also express gratitude towards the welcoming atmosphere and the presence of supportive staff members who are readily available to provide assistance.
- Welcoming atmosphere: Multiple reviews mention feeling welcomed and finding someone to help at the addiction treatment center, creating a supportive environment for individuals seeking assistance.
- Availability of support: The Alcanon Club, mentioned in the reviews, provides a physical location where individuals can find support and assistance for their substance abuse rehabilitation journey.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started