Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Oswego, NY
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Oswego for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 28 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Oswego can cater to your needs.
Top 7 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Oswego, NY
435 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14620The positive reviews mention that the counselor at the addiction treatment center is great and understanding, providing helpful group support. The program has helped one reviewer maintain abstinence for almost three years. Another reviewer expresses gratitude for being able to save themselves with the help of the center.
- The counselors at this addiction treatment center are described as great and understanding, providing helpful groups for support.
- The center has helped individuals achieve sustained abstinence for several years, indicating its effectiveness in assisting with recovery.
- A former patient appreciates the impact the center had on their life, emphasizing its life-saving qualities.
435 E Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14620, United StatesThe addiction treatment center has received positive reviews regarding the helpfulness of the counselors, the supportive group sessions, and the sustained abstinence achieved by some individuals. Patients appreciate the respectful and rule-following environment, which has contributed to their successful recovery.
- The counselor at this addiction treatment center is described as great and understanding, providing a helpful group.
- The reviewer has had sustained abstinence for almost 3 years and is grateful to the center for helping them save themselves.
906 Spencer St, Syracuse, NY 13204, United StatesThe Prevention Network addiction treatment center has received positive reviews praising their staff and their dedication to providing resources and advocating for a healthier community. Customers appreciate the quality of their service and are pleased to work with their leadership and educators. However, there are some negative comments regarding the center's customer service.
- Dedicated and knowledgeable staff: The reviews mention that the staff at the addiction treatment center are great and highly skilled, which is crucial for effective rehabilitation.
- Community-focused approach: The addiction treatment center is recognized for its efforts in providing resources and advocating for a healthier community, indicating a comprehensive approach to addressing substance abuse issues.
Professional Counseling Services
5700 Genesee St #118, Camillus, NY 13031Many positive reviews mention the therapist, Roger D. Howard, LMHC, as being easy to talk to and genuinely caring. One reviewer appreciates his effort in ensuring their paperwork was submitted on time. Overall, these positive reviews highlight the center's compassionate and helpful staff.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center, including Roger D. Howard LMHC, are easy to talk to and genuinely care about the patients.
- The staff, specifically Roger D. Howard LMHC, go above and beyond to help patients, even in time crunch situations like ensuring paperwork is submitted on time.
Professional Counseling Services
5700 Genesee St #118, Camillus, NY 13031, United StatesClients rave about the compassionate and caring nature of Roger D. Howard LMHC, who is easy to talk to and goes above and beyond to ensure paperwork is completed promptly. Many express gratitude for his support and dedication during their time at the addiction treatment center.
- The staff, particularly Roger D. Howard LMHC, are easy to talk to and genuinely caring.
- The center is accommodating and proactive in ensuring timely paperwork submission, even in time-sensitive situations.
Farnham Family Services
14 Crossroads Dr, Fulton, NY 13069, United StatesThe addiction treatment center in Oswego county is highly regarded for its empathetic and caring approach. The center is known for its commitment to helping individuals achieve sobriety. The incorporation of group therapy and meditation is appreciated by clients as it assists with stress management. While a couple of counselors and staff members may not have been well-liked, overall the treatment center is considered a positive place for recovery.
- Empathetic and caring staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the center's staff as being empathetic and caring, creating a supportive environment for individuals serious about getting sober.
- Helpful groups and meditation: Some reviewers found the groups and meditation sessions to be beneficial in managing stress. These activities may contribute positively to the overall rehabilitation process.
Bill & Sandra Pomeroy Treatment Center at Crouse Center
2775 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13224This addiction treatment center is highly praised for its daily outpatient opioid treatment program. The reviewer emphasizes the positive impact it has had on their life, expressing gratitude for no longer being in danger and for the support of their family and friends. They strongly recommend others to give it a try, emphasizing its worth and the promise of a better life it offers.
- Provides daily outpatient opioid treatment program.
- Helps individuals maintain a clean and sober lifestyle, reducing risks and fears for themselves and their loved ones.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started