Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Rensselaer, NY
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Rensselaer for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 197 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Rensselaer can cater to your needs.
Top 9 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Rensselaer, NY
Addictions Care Center of Albany
90 McCarty Ave, Albany, NY 12202The positive reviews for this addiction treatment center mention that it helped the individuals live a life in recovery and saved their lives. They appreciate the care and dedication of the staff and are grateful for the support provided.
- The addiction treatment center is described as a house that helped one reviewer live a life in recovery, suggesting it provides a supportive and helpful environment for individuals seeking help.
- Another reviewer mentions that the people who work at the center truly care and love their job, indicating a genuine level of dedication and compassion from the staff.
- One reviewer states that the addiction treatment center saved their life, emphasizing the positive impact that the center had on their recovery journey.
Suboxone/Buprenorphine Treatment of Albany: Varinder S. Rathore, M.D.
1873 Western Ave Suite 202, Albany, NY 12203The substance abuse rehabilitation center has received rave reviews about their doctor, Dr. Rathore. Patients highly recommend him for his care and attentiveness, stating that he saved their lives and treated them with respect. Dr. Rathore is described as understanding, kind-hearted, and genuinely caring about his patients, making them feel like more than just another drug addict.
- The addiction treatment center is very clean and well-maintained.
- Dr. Rathore, the main doctor at the center, is highly recommended for his genuine care and concern for his patients. He is described as understanding, kind-hearted, and respectful, making patients feel valued and heard.
- The center provides excellent customer service, with Dr. Rathore taking the time to get to know each patient and truly listen to their concerns. He is praised for his ability to make patients feel like individuals and not just another drug addict.
Whitney Young Health's Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Treatment Center
10 Dewitt St, Albany, NY 12207The addiction treatment center receives positive reviews for its helpful and supportive staff, convenient location, and focus on clients' well-being. Clients appreciate the commitment to their sobriety and the care provided to those who are serious about changing their lives.
- The staff is highly regarded and caring, especially the Counselor and Director.
- The center is fast, convenient, and hospitable, with a strong focus on the well-being of individuals seeking treatment.
Hope House Inc
573 Livingston Ave, Albany, NY 12206The positive reviews highlight the gratitude for the services provided at the addiction treatment center. One reviewer mentions that the program is long-term (6-9 months) and emphasizes that the staff genuinely cares. Another review commends the current manager for doing an amazing job and describes the center as a good place to work, with efficient handling of maternity leave.
- Long-term program (6 to 9 months) with dedicated staff who genuinely care about the patients' well-being
- The current manager has done an amazing job of keeping things running smoothly and is accommodating to employees' needs, such as maternity leave.
Mountainside Treatment Center
187 S Canaan Rd, Canaan, CT 06018The positive reviews about the addiction treatment center highlight several key aspects. Reviewers praise the diverse offerings and high-end facilities of the inpatient program, as well as the caring and inclusive approach to recovery. The staff members, specifically Rachel Siegel, are mentioned for their superb support and dedication in helping individuals navigate their sobriety journey. The overall consensus is that Mountainside provides a supportive and transformative experience, with many reviewers expressing gratitude for the impact it has had on their lives.
- Diverse offerings in the inpatient program, including meditation, with a high-end, luxurious facility
- Recovery coaching program with supportive and dedicated coaches, such as Rachel Siegel
- Staff members are caring, compassionate, and go above and beyond for clients
St. Peter's Addiction Recovery Center
3 Mercy Care Ln, Guilderland, NY 12084The addiction treatment center received positive reviews regarding their supportive staff, structure, and ability to help individuals remain sober. Reviewers mentioned the counselors' personal experience with addiction, the helpfulness of the programs and groups, and the facility's role in their continued sobriety. Overall, the facility is described as a great place that has helped many people.
- The facility provides a structured program and activities to keep patients busy, which can be helpful for their recovery.
- The staff is described as incredibly supportive, insightful, patient, and experienced in addiction, creating a positive and helpful environment for patients.
- The facility has helped many people and is credited with saving lives, indicating a high success rate in addiction recovery.
Hospitality House TC, Inc.
271 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12206Many users described the addiction treatment center as an amazing journey towards a chemical-free lifestyle. They believe that if someone has a negative comment, it may be because they are not ready for the program.
- Effective program for those fully committed to recovery: The first review highlights that if someone has a negative comment about the program, it is likely because they are not ready or approaching it in the right way. This suggests that the center offers an effective program for individuals who are fully committed to achieving a chemical-free lifestyle.
- Transformational experience: The second review mentions that the center provided an amazing journey to a chemical-free lifestyle. This indicates that the treatment program offers a transformative experience for individuals seeking substance abuse rehabilitation.
- Potential for positive outcomes: While not explicitly mentioned in the reviews, the fact that the center focuses on helping individuals achieve a chemical-free lifestyle suggests that it has the potential to produce positive outcomes for those seeking recovery from addiction.
Hope House Inc Residential Prg
261 N Pearl St, Albany, NY 12207The addiction treatment center has a good reputation and is considered the most fundamentally sound program in the Capital District. However, there are suggestions for adjustments, such as staff focusing less on disciplining clients and more on providing individualized care. There is also a mention of favoritism towards certain clients, which can make others feel outcasted and targeted.
- Offers a program that is well-structured and fundamentally sound.
- Provides a disciplinary approach to treatment, which may be beneficial for some clients.
Whitney M Young Rehab Clinic
10 Dewitt St, Albany, NY 12207The addiction treatment center has caring and supportive staff who are familiar with their long-time patients. They are willing to go above and beyond to save lives and are described as sweet. The center is also praised for being able to make a significant impact with a single phone call.
- Staff members are described as "sweet" and willing to assist patients in any way possible.
- The center is praised for its ability to change lives and save lives through its services.
- The center provides necessary information with just one phone call, making the process of seeking help more efficient and convenient.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started