Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Syracuse, NY
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Syracuse for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 232 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Syracuse can cater to your needs.
Top 8 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Syracuse, NY
329 N Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13203Positive reviews highlight the compassionate and caring staff, particularly mentioning Peer Counselor Anthony, Melissa, Eva, and Dr. Theresa. They emphasize the gratitude towards Helio Health for their support and recommend the center to others struggling with addiction. Some reviewers mention that the facility has saved their lives and appreciate the care and empathy provided. Overall, the positive reviews focus on the dedicated staff and the center's commitment to helping individuals achieve a better life.
- Compassionate and caring staff: According to one review, the peer counselors and doctors at Helio Health showed great compassion and care towards the patient's husband, making them recommend the center to others struggling with substance abuse.
- Open 24/7: Another review highlights that Helio Health is open 24/7 and provides services respectfully to their clients, allowing individuals to access help at any time.
- Note: While there were some positive comments about specific staff members and services, overall, the reviews were mixed with some negative experiences mentioned. It's important to consider these mixed reviews before making a decision.
Syracuse Recovery Services
319 E Water St, Syracuse, NY 13202According to the positive reviews, the addiction treatment center is described as professional and provides treatment recommendations. Some reviewers also appreciate the non-intensive counseling sessions, even though they express concerns about the center's focus on numbers rather than individual needs.
- Professionalism: One of the reviewers mentioned that the addiction treatment center exhibited professionalism.
- Treatment recommendations: The center provides treatment recommendations, although the reviewer notes that they can be excessive for first-time offenders.
The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
2433 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13224Overall, the positive reviews about the addiction treatment center mentioned that it is a great place to shop and work, with a large selection of items at very cheap prices. Customers appreciated the cleanliness of the store and the helpfulness of the staff. Some customers also found hidden treasures and enjoyed the frequent sale days.
- Large selection of clothing and household items
- Very cheap prices
- Helpful staff
- Clean and well-organized store
- Periodic sales and coupons available
Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care
1045 James St, Syracuse, NY 13203Positive reviews about the addiction treatment center include praise for the professional and caring staff who go above and beyond to make clients feel comfortable and work with them in any way possible. One reviewer specifically calls out Dr. Sarmast as being one of the best doctors they have ever seen, emphasizing the non-judgmental and kind approach. Another reviewer expresses gratitude for the center's services and mentions having a great experience overall.
- Professional and caring staff who go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and work with them
- Dr. Sarmast is highly recommended and provides excellent care and takes the time to get to know patients without judgment
- Great place for therapy and primary care, with a wonderful staff
Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare
714 Hickory St, Syracuse, NY 13203The addiction treatment center received numerous positive reviews, with many highlighting the compassionate and supportive staff who play a pivotal role in the recovery process. Patients appreciated the effective treatment programs tailored to individual needs, helping them overcome their addictions successfully. The comfortable and welcoming atmosphere of the facility also helped create a conducive environment for healing and growth.
- Highly professional staff and effective treatment programs: Many reviews highlight the addiction treatment center's professional and knowledgeable staff who are experienced in helping individuals recover from substance abuse. The center's treatment programs are widely regarded as effective in helping patients achieve sobriety.
- Comfortable and supportive environment: Several reviewers praise the addiction treatment center for providing a comfortable and supportive environment during the rehabilitation process. The center is described as a safe space where patients feel understood, respected, and encouraged on their journey to recovery.
- Comprehensive approach to treatment: Many reviewers appreciate the addiction treatment center's comprehensive approach to treatment. The center combines various therapeutic modalities, including individual counseling, group therapy, and holistic practices, to address the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of addiction.
Helio Health Elements
4567 Crossroads Park Dr, Liverpool, NY 13088Reviewers are extremely satisfied with their experience at Helio Health Elements campus, calling it the best treatment program they have attended. They appreciate the comfortable and homely atmosphere, as well as the supportive and friendly staff. Overall, reviewers think the center is amazing.
- Comforting and homely environment: Many reviewers spoke highly of the comfortable and home-like atmosphere at Helio health Elements campus. They felt at ease and found it conducive to their recovery process.
- Supportive staff: The staff, including the kitchen staff, were mentioned several times as being wonderful and supportive. This positive experience with the staff contributes to a positive overall experience for the patients.
Bill & Sandra Pomeroy Treatment Center at Crouse Center
2775 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13224This outpatient opioid treatment program has received positive feedback from users who appreciate its effectiveness in helping them overcome substance abuse. Many reviewers credit the center for providing a safe environment that has led to positive life changes and improved relationships with loved ones. The program is recommended to those seeking a chance at a clean and healthier lifestyle.
- Effective in helping individuals overcome substance abuse: The reviewer mentions that the addiction treatment center has helped them stay clean and avoid the dangers associated with their previous opioid addiction.
- Convenient outpatient program: The center offers an outpatient program, allowing individuals to receive treatment without needing to stay at a residential facility. The reviewer also mentions the need for transportation to and from the center as a requirement for participation.
Belvedere Addictions Center
344 Genesee St #300, Syracuse, NY 13202The addiction treatment center has counselors and a Suboxone doctor who genuinely care about their patients and make them feel like part of a family. The program is highly regarded, surpassing other outpatient programs. The staff's support and dedication make it a great place for those looking to recover from substance abuse.
- The counselors and Suboxone doctor genuinely care about the patients and their recovery.
- The center provides a supportive and welcoming environment, making patients feel like part of a family.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started