Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canandaigua, NY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1495 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Canandaigua. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Canandaigua, NY
158 Holden St, Buffalo, NY 14214The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews for its friendly and caring staff, with many users reporting that it has saved their lives. The center is highly praised for its counselors and nurses who are always willing to help. Some users have mentioned that there can be overcrowding at times, but overall, the center is seen as a life-saving and efficient facility.
- Friendly, helpful, and caring staff who provide support for both addiction and mental health struggles.
- The treatment center has a high success rate in saving lives and helping individuals overcome addiction.
- Quick service with short wait times, allowing patients to be in and out of the center efficiently.
UR Medicine Mental Health & Wellness – Strong Recovery
2613 W Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY 14623The first reviewer had positive things to say about the Methadone Treatment Program at Strong Recovery, particularly regarding the caring and individualized approach of the staff. They did mention that the intake and dose adjustment process is slow, but overall felt it was an exceptional program for those who haven't had success elsewhere. The second reviewer expressed gratitude for being able to join the program after a forced discharge, and credited the harm reduction approach and supportive peers for helping them in their recovery. The third reviewer also had a positive experience, describing the counselor as amazing and feeling comfortable and motivated in the program for the past 8 months. Overall, the reviews show appreciation for the program's approach, staff, and support.
- Staff genuinely cares about patients and works at an individual level to ensure comfort and address any additional issues.
- Program takes a harm reduction approach over abstinence, allowing patients to feel empowered and involved in their recovery.
- The outpatient program provides a positive and comfortable environment for learning, staying clean, and personal growth.
329 N Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13203The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with many expressing gratitude for the compassionate and caring staff. The center is praised for providing effective and empathetic treatment for opioid addiction. Some minor concerns were mentioned, such as the wish for more frequent therapy sessions and alternative methods for drug testing. Overall, the center is highly recommended and seen as a life-saving resource for those seeking recovery.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Many reviewers praised the staff at Helio Health for their compassion and care towards patients, highlighting the support they received during their treatment journey.
- Accommodating and considerate: Several reviews mentioned that the staff at Helio Health were accommodating and considerate, making patients feel comfortable and supported throughout their treatment experience.
- Helpful resources and programs: Reviewers mentioned that Helio Health offers a range of resources, including counseling, mental health services, and pharmacy services. They also appreciated the various programs and groups offered by the center to support their recovery.
Pathways of Helio Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
1850 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Rd, Rochester, NY 14623The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Reviewers mention that the staff is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable, and that the facility is clean with great food and amenities such as personal TVs and private showers. Some reviewers also highlight the ease of access and the ability to show up and get a bed quickly. However, there is one review that mentions racism, which raises concerns about the center's inclusivity.
- Excellent detox center and rehab facility with walk-in options for detox and scheduled check-ins for rehab.
- Well-connected staff that can help connect individuals with necessary services and medication.
- Great food, fresh and cooked by experienced chefs.
- Supportive and compassionate counselors and support staff.
- Access to groups, gym facilities, internet, and all necessary toiletries and amenities.
- Clean facility with private showers and personal TV.
- Highly recommended by previous patients.
360 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14604Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are largely positive. Many reviewers praised specific staff members, such as therapists and peer advocates, for their dedication and support in helping them through their sobriety journey. The center is described as family-oriented and caring, with a team of professionals who go above and beyond to improve the lives of their clients. However, one reviewer expressed disappointment with the center's lack of accommodation for transgender individuals.
- The staff at Huther Doyle goes above and beyond to provide support and care for their clients, including one-on-one therapy sessions, resources, and self-help books to aid in early sobriety.
- The facility is described as family-oriented, with a caring and respectful staff who are dedicated to changing lives and improving the day-to-day experiences of their clients.
303 W Liberty St #2, Rome, NY 13440The Beacon Methadone treatment center is highly praised for saving lives and offering a chance at a new start. The staff is described as great, friendly, and easy to talk to. The program is strict but helpful for recovering addicts. The only issue mentioned is long lines and wait times for dosing. Overall, it is considered a great place for those who truly want help and are committed to their recovery.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as great, friendly, and easy to talk to. They are supportive and provide help to individuals who are committed to their recovery.
- The center is perceived as by-the-books and strict, which some reviewers appreciate as it provides structure and accountability for recovering addicts.
- The program offers a chance at a new start and another chance at life, giving individuals the opportunity to get clean and recover from their addiction.
410 S Crouse Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210The Methadone treatment center helps people recognize the impact of their addiction, provides methadone maintenance, and offers one-on-one counseling and additional support services. While the building may be outdated, the staff is highly praised for their friendliness, helpfulness, and genuine concern for the well-being of their patients. The center is commended for saving lives and is recommended to those with opioid or substance addiction.
- Provides methadone maintenance and one-on-one counseling sessions with qualified counselors.
- Staff is described as friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned for the well-being of patients.
- Offers services that are much needed in the area and has the ability to accommodate individuals in wheelchairs.
Whitney Young Health's Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Treatment Center
10 Dewitt St, Albany, NY 12207Overall, the reviews suggest that this Methadone treatment center is lenient and nonjudgmental towards substance use, as they continue to provide medication despite dirty urine. However, they emphasize the importance of being serious and committed to changing one's life. The staff is described as nice, caring, and dedicated to the well-being of the clients, with specific mention of a helpful counselor and director. The convenience of the center and the positive impact it can have on one's life are also highlighted.
- Non-judgmental approach: The center provides treatment to individuals struggling with heroin and crack addiction without judging them for their past actions or the presence of drugs in their system. They focus on supporting clients and helping them change their lives for the better.
- Supportive staff: The staff at the center is described as nice, caring, and helpful. They genuinely care about the well-being of clients and are considered a valuable asset, especially the counselor and director.
- Convenient and fast service: The center is praised for being convenient and fast in delivering their services. Clients appreciate the hospitable and efficient experience provided by the staff.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started