Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dewitt, NY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1543 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Dewitt. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Dewitt, NY
329 N Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13203The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are highly positive, with reviewers expressing gratitude for the compassionate and caring staff. Many mention that the facility is clean and the counselors are friendly. There are a few minor criticisms, such as limited therapist availability and issues with drug testing methods. Overall, reviewers emphasize the life-saving impact of Helio Health and recommend it to those seeking recovery from opioid addiction.
- Compassionate and caring staff: Reviewers consistently praise the staff at Helio Health for their compassion and care, highlighting specific individuals such as Peer Counselor Anthony, Melissa, Eva, and Dr. Theresa for their amazing support.
- Empathetic and patient-centered approach: Many reviews mention the empathetic and patient-centered approach at Helio Health, with the center providing the services needed for individuals struggling with opioid addiction and showing genuine empathy towards their journey of recovery.
- Helpful and accommodating staff: Reviewers mention that the staff at Helio Health are considerate, consistent, and accommodating, providing a positive experience and making efforts to support individuals on their recovery journey.
303 W Liberty St #2, Rome, NY 13440The Beacon Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews from patients who credit the program with saving their lives and providing the opportunity for a new start. Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, although some mention long lines for medication dosing as a drawback. The program is described as strict but effective, with staff that can relate to the challenges of addiction.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is described as great, friendly, and easy to talk to.
- The center is known for helping individuals who truly want to overcome addiction.
- The program is strict, which some recovering addicts find helpful for their recovery journey.
410 S Crouse Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210The Methadone treatment center offers methadone maintenance and one-on-one counseling sessions. It is praised for its friendly and helpful staff who genuinely care about the well-being of the patients. The facility may be outdated, but it is highly recommended for anyone struggling with opiate or substance addiction. The center is also wheelchair accessible and is said to save lives.
- Provides methadone maintenance and one-on-one counseling: The center offers methadone maintenance as well as weekly one-on-one sessions with qualified counselors to support individuals in recognizing the impact of addiction and provide necessary services and support.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff at the center is described as friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of the patients. They provide a much-needed service in the area and are recommended for anyone struggling with opioid or substance addiction.
- Wheelchair accessible: The facility is wheelchair accessible, making it accommodating for individuals with mobility needs.
526 Old Liverpool Rd, Liverpool, NY 13088The reviews generally praise the staff at the Methadone treatment center, describing them as respectful, supportive, and nice. However, there are some concerns about the small waiting room and the long wait times for medication. Overall, the facility is considered to be a good option for treatment.
- Staff is top-notch - Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at the Methadone treatment center is friendly, respectful, and supportive.
- Program effectiveness - One reviewer stated that they got a lot out of the program, which suggests that the treatment center is effective in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction.
- Nice staff and supportive environment - Another reviewer mentioned that it's comforting to have people who are genuinely rooting for their recovery journey.
Syracuse Recovery Services
319 E Water St, Syracuse, NY 13202There are complaints about false positive drug test results at this Methadone treatment center, which may be concerning for some patients. However, there is a positive mention of professionalism at the center, which may be reassuring for prospective patients.
- The center maintains a high level of professionalism.
- The center provides consistent drug testing, ensuring a safe and controlled treatment environment.
- The center offers Methadone treatment for opioid addiction, which can be an effective method for those seeking recovery.
Helio Health - Insights of Helio Health
500 Whitesboro St, Utica, NY 13502The staff at this Methadone treatment center are praised for their caring and friendly attitude towards patients, with one reviewer specifically mentioning Marsha as being particularly caring. However, there is a complaint about appointments not being on time. The facility offers both long-term residential rehab and outpatient services, including Suboxone and Psych services. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking help with addiction.
- The staff at this methadone treatment center are described as friendly, caring, and knowledgeable. They seem to genuinely care about the well-being and success of their patients.
- The facility offers both long-term residential rehab and outpatient programs, providing different levels of care for individuals struggling with opioid addiction.
- The treatment center has helped individuals with various addictions, such as cocaine, and has been effective in inspiring them to quit.
847 James St #110, Syracuse, NY 13203Helio Health is praised for its abundance of resources and support in helping individuals obtain sobriety and restart their lives. The staff, including James and Abby, are described as supportive and dynamic. Some reviewers express gratitude for the comfort and positive experience they had at the center, while another reviewer recommends it for those serious about getting well. However, one review mentions issues with communication, professionalism, and quality.
- Abundance of resources for obtaining sobriety and restarting life.
- Supportive and dynamic staff, including counselors and nurses.
- Structured and effective program that can change thinking and help break free from addiction.
UHS Addiction Medicine
10 Mitchell Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903Customers praise the center's exceptional staff and the life-saving service they provide for those seeking help with opioid addiction. The positive experience and satisfaction of one customer are highlighted.
- Excellent staff: The center has received praise for its staff, indicating that they are knowledgeable and provide great service to those seeking help.
- Life-saving: A reviewer mentions that the center has saved their life, which suggests that the treatment provided at this center is effective in addressing opioid addiction and helping individuals recover.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started