Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kingston, NY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 321 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Kingston. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kingston, NY
Montefiore Medical Center Substance Abuse Treatment Program
2058 Jerome Ave #1803, Bronx, NY 10453The reviews generally indicate positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center. It is described as a place where individuals are treated with respect and dignity, helping them achieve a healthier lifestyle and stay clean and sober. The center also offers counseling and therapy services to support individuals in their sobriety journey.
- Polite and respectful treatment: The center is known for treating patients with dignity and respect, creating a comfortable environment for recovery.
- Comprehensive support: The center offers a range of services, including therapy and counseling, to help patients maintain sobriety and achieve a healthier lifestyle.
- Positive impact: Multiple reviews mention that the center has helped not only individuals but also others in their journey towards staying clean and sober.
Carnegie Hill Institute
116 E 92nd St, New York, NY 10128The Carnegie Hill Institute is highly praised for its effective treatment programs and caring staff. The late Dr. Harvey Karkus, the founder of the institute, is remembered for his genuine concern for patients, and it is believed that his legacy lives on through Dr. Ella Leers, a friendly and experienced physician. Clients appreciate the warm and supportive environment, as well as the dedication of the staff in helping them maintain sobriety.
- Dedicated and caring staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Carnegie Hill Institute is dedicated, caring, and genuinely interested in helping their clients. This suggests that the staff provides a supportive and compassionate environment for those seeking treatment.
- Effective treatment plans: One reviewer specifically mentioned that the treatment plans offered by the staff at Carnegie Hill Institute are the most effective they have encountered. This indicates that the center has developed successful strategies for treating opioid addiction with Methadone.
- Personalized treatment approach: Another reviewer mentioned that Dr. Ella Leers, the physician at the center, works with clients to create personalized treatment plans. This suggests that the center takes into account each individual's unique needs and circumstances, providing a tailored approach to recovery.
START Treatment & Recovery Centers - Teen START
119 W 124th St, New York, NY 10027Some reviewers mentioned concerns about the lack of support for homeless individuals and the need for assistance with finding job opportunities. Others found the program helpful and considerate if individuals are willing to put in the effort. Additionally, one reviewer pointed out that the treatment center has early morning hours from 7 am to 11:45 am.
- The program is helpful, considerate, and seems to work well if the individual is willing to put in the effort.
- The center has convenient early morning hours from 7 AM to 11:45 AM, which may be beneficial for individuals seeking treatment.
Center for Recovery
3 Commercial Pl, Newburgh, NY 12550The Methadone treatment center receives consistent praise for its helpful and supportive staff, with reviewers emphasizing their dedication to assisting individuals in overcoming addiction. Multiple reviewers recommend the center and believe it is the ideal program for those who are committed to improving their lives and becoming sober.
- Highly supportive and helpful staff: Reviewers consistently mention that everyone at the center is very helpful and wants to see patients succeed in their recovery journey. This indicates a positive and motivating environment.
- Effective program for those willing to get sober: The reviews emphasize that the center is a great option for individuals who are determined to overcome their addiction and improve their lives. This suggests that the treatment program is well-suited for individuals who are committed to their recovery.
St Jude Treatment Center
211-221 Powell St, Brooklyn, NY 11212Overall, the Methadone treatment center is praised for saving lives and having a helpful director and staff. They have the necessary tools for success, but it ultimately depends on the individual's commitment. The facility is described as modern with doctors, nurses, and individual counseling available. However, some reviews mention long wait times for medication. One reviewer specifically thanks Mr. Guzman for their progress.
- Helpful and supportive staff: The director and staff at this Methadone treatment center are described as being very helpful and instrumental in starting the reviewer's recovery journey. This suggests that the staff is dedicated to providing support and guidance to their patients.
- Comprehensive treatment approach: The center is commended for having all the tools necessary for success. This likely means that the center provides a comprehensive approach to opioid addiction treatment, including medication, counseling, and other support services.
- Modern facility with onsite medical professionals: The outpatient facility is described as modern and has a doctor and nurses onsite. This indicates that the center is well-equipped in terms of medical expertise and can provide the necessary medical assistance and care to their patients.
Beth Israel Methadone Clinic
25 12th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215Overall, reviewers express that this Methadone treatment center is a place of hope and support for those seeking to overcome opioid addiction. The staff is praised for their genuine care and emphasis on personal responsibility and motivation. Success is attainable for those who are committed and willing to put in the effort.
- Supportive and caring staff who genuinely care about your success
- Emphasis on personal motivation and empowerment for successful recovery
Lexington Center Methadone Clinic
706 Executive Blvd, Valley Cottage, NY 10989This Methadone treatment center generally receives positive reviews for its efficient service and helpful staff, particularly mentioning Sheena as an amazing worker. The quality of the methadone provided is praised as the best in town. However, some reviewers express concerns about certain employees being rude or treating patients like children, and feeling that the treatment approach is somewhat inflexible. Overall, the center is regarded as effective and life-saving by those who have benefitted from their program.
- Fast service and helpful staff, especially Sheena
- Best methadone treatment in town
- Program is effective and has helped users change their lives for the better
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started