Methadone Treatment Centers Near Rome, NY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1264 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Rome. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Rome, NY
329 N Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13203The majority of reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with reviewers expressing gratitude for the compassionate and caring staff. Some reviewers also mention that Helio Health saved their lives and appreciate the support they receive. A few reviewers mention minor issues, such as the frequency of therapist visits and the inconvenience of urine drug tests, but overall, reviewers recommend Helio Health for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Compassionate and caring staff: The peer counselors, doctors, and staff members at Helio Health are highly praised for their compassion and care towards patients, making them feel supported and understood.
- Effective treatment: Many reviewers have mentioned that Helio Health has helped them overcome their opioid addiction and achieve sobriety. The treatment provided is seen as impactful and beneficial.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Reviewers appreciate the considerate and accommodating nature of the staff at Helio Health. They mention feeling respected and valued, which contributes to a positive treatment experience.
303 W Liberty St #2, Rome, NY 13440The Methadone treatment center, Beacon, has received positive reviews overall. Customers appreciate the helpful and friendly staff, who are easy to talk to and provide valuable support. However, some reviewers highlight long wait times for dosing and strict program rules, which can feel restrictive. Nonetheless, the center is viewed as a great option for those seeking help with addiction and wanting another chance at life.
- The staff is described as great, lovely, helpful, and easy to talk to.
- The center is highly praised for giving people a chance at starting a new life and helping them on their road to recovery.
Suboxone/Buprenorphine Treatment of Albany: Varinder S. Rathore, M.D.
1873 Western Ave Suite 202, Albany, NY 12203Dr. Rathore is a highly regarded and compassionate doctor who is described as understanding, kind-hearted, and respectful towards patients. He takes the time to listen to his patients and is not judgmental, making them feel valued and cared for. The center itself is praised for being clean and Dr. Rathore is considered to be a lifesaver by some. Overall, he is highly recommended for anyone seeking Methadone treatment for opioid addiction.
- Dr. Rathore is highly empathetic and treats patients with respect, making them feel comfortable and heard.
- The center provides excellent customer service and a welcoming environment.
- Dr. Rathore genuinely cares about his patients and shows interest in their well-being beyond just treating their addiction.
410 S Crouse Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210The Methadone treatment center helps people recognize the impact of their addiction on themselves and others, provides Methadone maintenance, offers one-on-one counseling, suggested services and support, and is wheelchair accessible. The facility is described as old and outdated, but the staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of the patients. It is highly recommended for individuals with opioid or substance addiction. Overall, the center is praised for saving lives and receiving positive feedback from those who transport people to the facility.
- Provides methadone maintenance and one-on-one counseling sessions for support and treatment.
- Staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of the patients.
- Highly recommended for those seeking treatment for opiate or substance addiction.
- Wheelchair accessible facility.
UHS Addiction Medicine
10 Mitchell Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903The Methadone treatment center has a highly praised staff that provides excellent service and has been credited with saving lives. The reviewer expresses appreciation for the center and enjoys their experience there.
- Excellent staff: The treatment center has a commendable staff who provide great service and help individuals in need of assistance.
- Life-saving: According to one reviewer, this place has been instrumental in saving their life, indicating the effectiveness of the treatment provided.
Helio Health - Insights of Helio Health
500 Whitesboro St, Utica, NY 13502The reviews for this Methadone treatment center are generally positive. Marsha is highly praised for her genuine care, while the rest of the staff is seen as friendly and caring. However, there are some complaints about appointments not being on time. Overall, the facility is described as a decent place for those struggling with addiction, and it has helped individuals quit various substances.
- The staff at the treatment center are friendly, caring, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of their patients.
- The facility provides a clean and safe environment for treatment, ensuring a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- The treatment center has been effective in motivating patients to overcome addiction and has helped people quit drugs like cocaine.
1213 Court St Suite 100, Utica, NY 13502The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive, with people praising the staff and counselors for their kindness and professionalism. Many reviewers mention that the center is clean and well-maintained, and that the staff goes above and beyond to support their patients. However, one reviewer mentions a lack of autonomy and an absence of job placement services, suggesting that the center could improve in these areas. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its life-saving treatment and caring staff.
- The counselors are great and kind, providing support and helping patients stay sober.
- The staff is amazing and truly cares about the well-being of patients, offering incredible work in treating addiction.
McPike Addiction Treatment Center
1213 Court St, Utica, NY 13502The first review criticizes the facility for neglecting cleanliness and allowing inappropriate relationships between addicts and the cleaning crew. The second review praises the programs, groups, counselors, and maintenance of the building. The third review highlights the helpful and experienced staff, dual recovery program, and successful completion of the 30-day treatment. The fourth review mentions the challenges of traveling for the Methadone treatment program but does not provide much detail. The fifth review expresses a positive sentiment towards the center but lacks specific feedback.
- The facility offers a dual recovery program for individuals with addiction and mental health issues.
- The staff is described as nice, experienced, and helpful in supporting individuals through their addiction challenges.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started