Methadone Treatment Centers Near Utica, NY
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1217 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Utica. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Utica, NY
329 N Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13203Customers overall have positive things to say about the Helio Health Methadone treatment center. They appreciate the compassionate and caring staff, as well as the love and patience demonstrated by the center. Some customers mentioned that they wish they could see their therapists more often and that alternative drug testing methods would be helpful. However, the majority of reviews commended the center for its supportive staff and effective program.
- Compassionate and Caring Staff: The staff at Helio Health, including Peer Counselor Anthony, Melissa, Eva, and Dr. Theresa, are praised for their compassion and care towards patients. They are highly recommended for anyone struggling with opioid addiction.
- Supportive Environment: Helio Health is known for providing a supportive and empathetic environment for individuals seeking help. They go above and beyond to understand and empathize with the patients, making them feel supported and understood in their recovery journey.
- Good Program and Friendly Counselors: The facility offers a well-run program, with friendly counselors who are accommodating and consistent. The counselors are considerate and the overall staff is dedicated to helping patients achieve sobriety and improve their lives.
303 W Liberty St #2, Rome, NY 13440The Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews, with many individuals praising the helpful and friendly staff. Some reviewers mention that the program is strict but necessary for recovering addicts. However, there are some critiques about long lines and feeling like a prisoner. Overall, the center is seen as a great place that offers individuals a chance at a new start.
- Staff are great, helpful, friendly, and easy to talk to.
- The program is strict and by the books, providing the structure needed for recovering addicts.
- The center offers a suboxone program and can help those who truly want to get clean.
1213 Court St Suite 100, Utica, NY 13502The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, clean environment, and the effective treatment program. However, one reviewer expressed concerns about lack of agency in their care plan and perceived judgment from the staff. Overall, the center is described as efficient and life-saving.
- Great and kind counselors who genuinely care about their patients.
- The staff is professional and goes above and beyond to support patients in their recovery journey.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, providing a conducive environment for treatment.
Suboxone/Buprenorphine Treatment of Albany: Varinder S. Rathore, M.D.
1873 Western Ave Suite 202, Albany, NY 12203Dr. Rathore is highly praised by multiple reviewers for being understanding, respectful, and caring towards his patients. He takes the time to listen and gets to know each individual, making them feel valued and not just another addict. The center is also described as clean, and the doctor is credited with saving lives. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Dr. Rathore and the Methadone treatment center.
- Dr. Rathore is understanding, kind-hearted, and treats patients with respect.
- He genuinely cares about his patients and takes the time to get to know them and listen to their concerns.
- The treatment center is clean and comes highly recommended by multiple reviewers.
Lafayette Medical Approach
233 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012This Methadone treatment center has received mostly positive reviews. Many reviewers praise the staff for their care, friendliness, and professionalism. Some reviewers mention a change in staff, but overall, the program is considered effective and helpful in treating opioid addiction. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and respectful towards patients.
- Amazing staff: Multiple reviews mention the caring and friendly nature of the staff, including counselors, nurses, and security personnel.
- Respectful treatment: Patients consistently mention being treated with respect, dignity, and care, regardless of their addiction history.
- Clean facility and minimal wait times: The center is praised for its cleanliness and organized operations, with short or no waiting periods.
West Midtown Medical Group
311 W 35th St, New York, NY 10001Overall, the Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its professionalism, efficiency, kindness, and understanding. The staff is described as polite, professional, and caring. The convenience of the location and the availability of different treatment options such as Methadone wafers and Suboxone are also highlighted. However, there are some complaints about certain employees being rude and the unprofessional behavior of the psychiatrist.
- Professional and caring staff
- Convenient location near Penn Station
- Offers both Methadone and Suboxone treatments
- Methadone wafers available instead of syrup
- Convenient clinic hours, including Saturdays morning
- Note: Some reviews mentioned rude staff and unprofessional psychiatrist, so it is important to consider these factors as well.
410 S Crouse Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210The Methadone treatment center helps individuals recognize the impact of their addiction and offers methadone maintenance, one-on-one sessions with counselors, and additional support services. While the building may be old, the staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned about the well-being of their patients. The center is highly recommended for those struggling with opioid or substance addiction.
- Provides methadone maintenance and one-on-one counseling sessions
- Staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely concerned for patients' well-being
- Offers wheelchair accessibility
Harlem East Life Plan
2367-69 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10035Users highly praise this Methadone treatment center for saving their lives and extending their lifespans. The staff are described as understanding, helpful, and caring, providing the necessary support for making life changes while battling addiction. Overall, the center is portrayed as genuinely caring about the well-being of its patients.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as understanding, helpful, and caring, providing the support needed during the process of making life changes against addiction.
- The center has been successful in helping individuals overcome opioid addiction, with one reviewer expressing gratitude for the positive impact it had on their lifespan.
- Note: While the mention of a specific counselor and harm reduction may be regarded as positive by some, it is not explicitly mentioned by multiple reviewers, so it may not be appropriate to include it as a pro.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started