Suboxone Centers Near New York City, NY
Why trust us?
As a top-rated website for addiction recovery, Addiction Group understands the importance of finding a trustworthy and reputable addiction clinic. We’ve analyzed 120 clinics so that we can provide excellent recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating Suboxone addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1080 patient reviews to identify the best Suboxone clinic in New York City. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 13 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near New York City, NY
Endeavor House North
206 Bergen Ave, Kearny, NJ 07032
The positive reviews praise the supportive staff, excellent care, and life-changing experiences at the Suboxone treatment center. Reviewers mention specific staff members who went above and beyond to assist and support them. Group therapy and outside activities also receive positive feedback for their role in recovery and building a supportive community.
- The staff at the Suboxone treatment center are highly praised for their dedication, going above and beyond to provide support and help to patients. From the clinical staff to the BHTs to the nursing staff, they are respected and appreciated by the reviewers.
- The center offers a comprehensive treatment approach, addressing both substance abuse and mental health issues. Reviewers express gratitude for receiving help on both fronts and commend the knowledgeable staff for their expertise in addiction and the disease it entails.
- Many reviewers feel that their experience at the center was life-changing and credit the facility for saving their lives. They highlight the impact of group facilitators, counselors, and therapists who provided valuable tools, resources, and support for recovery. The positive connections made with staff and peers are also emphasized.
Midtown Health & Wellness
33 W 46th St 5th floor, New York, NY 10036
The Suboxone treatment center's staff are praised for their kindness, care, and thorough explanations. Patients feel supported by the positive reinforcement and appreciate the organized receptionists. The attentive, compassionate doctors and staff are highly recommended for their commitment to patient well-being.
- The staff at this Suboxone treatment center is described as kind, caring, and genuinely concerned about patients' well-being. They offer regular check-ins and provide positive reinforcement.
- The center is praised for being thorough and providing well-explained services, which helps to avoid confusion. The receptionists are organized and helpful in coordinating appointments.
- Patients appreciate the attentiveness and support provided by the doctors and staff at this center. They feel safe, comfortable, and well-cared for during their treatment.
Recovery Delivered - New York
157 Bleecker St Suite 1, New York, NY 10012
Recovery Delivered's telemedicine Suboxone treatment program is convenient, effective, and praised for its caring doctors, responsive staff, easy online access, fast prescription delivery, and reasonable pricing. Many users credit the personalized support with helping them achieve and maintain sobriety.
- Convenient and accessible telemedicine program: Users appreciate the convenience of accessing Suboxone treatment from the privacy of their own homes using their smartphones and WiFi. The program is easy to use and navigate, and the video appointments with the providers are seamless and professional.
- Supportive and caring providers: Users have mentioned that the doctors and staff at Recovery Delivered are incredibly helpful, supportive, and compassionate. They are responsive to messages and provide fast responses. Users feel that their doctors genuinely care about their well-being and go above and beyond to address any problems or concerns.
- Cost-effective and affordable: Many users appreciate the affordability of Recovery Delivered's services. They find the pricing competitive and reasonable, especially compared to traditional methadone/suboxone clinics. The program also offers generic brand medication, keeping the overall cost of treatment manageable.
Edward Gelber, M.D.
26 Court St #709, Brooklyn, NY 11242
Dr. Gelber provides attentive, responsive care with a kind, patient approach. His professionalism and compassion put patients at ease while he tailors treatment plans to each individual. This has resulted in improved mental health for many patients.
- Dr. Gelber is patient, kind, and understanding, providing a soothing and attentive session experience.
- Dr. Gelber is professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable, offering personalized treatment plans and being responsive to patient needs.
- Dr. Gelber is thorough, accommodating, and offers a great balance of medical expertise and willingness to listen and adjust treatment.
595 County Ave BLDG 6, Secaucus, NJ 07094
The Suboxone treatment center has motivated, supportive staff who give patients experience, strength and hope. Reviewers say it provides effective treatment focused on recovery with an excellent, well-developed program and caring staff. Some consider it the best rehab they have attended, praising the program for saving lives.
- Motivating experience, strength, and hope
- Best rehab program, especially in TC1 and TC2 in 2005
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff
Parallax Center Inc.
145 E 32nd St 6th floor, New York, NY 10016
The Suboxone treatment center, Parallax, is praised for its safe treatment program, friendly staff, and compassionate environment. Reviewers appreciate the knowledgeable professionals and individualized approach to detox and recovery.
It should be noted that although its outpatient detox (816) program offers Suboxone induction and maintenance, it is better known for our unique proprietary nonopioid withdrawal protocol. Parallax can detox participants from any opiate without the need for opioid medications (e.g., Suboxone, Methadone, Sublocade). Furthermore, clients can detox from opioid-based MAT medications like Suboxone and Methadone as well. This approach utilizes Naltrexone, an opioid receptor blocker that can restore and protect brain function.
Clients can also participate in its flexible hybrid outpatient rehab (822) program, which supports continued recovery through group counseling, individual therapy, medication management, and wrap-around care. Parallax is in-network with virtually all commercial insurance and Medicaid plans.
- Highly skilled and compassionate staff: Many reviewers mentioned the staff at the Suboxone treatment center, specifically the counselors and nurses, as being highly knowledgeable, supportive, and understanding. They genuinely care about the patients' success and provide a judgment-free zone.
- Effective outpatient detox program: The center offers an outpatient detox program that is proven to work by peer-reviewed science. It allows individuals to detox from opioids in the comfort of their own surroundings, providing a more individualized approach and better outcomes.
- Helpful and supportive environment: Reviewers consistently mentioned that the center is welcoming, supportive, and goes above and beyond to help patients. The staff is described as kind, helpful, and dedicated to assisting individuals beyond the call of duty.
Turning Point, Inc.
680 Broadway #104, Paterson, NJ 07514
The caring staff and effective counseling at this Suboxone treatment center have helped many overcome opioid addiction, with reviewers highlighting the life-changing support and positive impact on their recovery.
- Excellent staff and counselors who truly care about recovery
- Provides the tools and support necessary for recovery and a drug-free lifestyle
- Saves lives and helps individuals turn their lives around
Dr. Ditzell Psychiatry
65 Broadway # 901, New York, NY 10006
Dr. Ditzell's Suboxone treatment center has received glowing reviews from patients, who praise his compassionate yet no-nonsense approach and the life-changing results they've experienced under his care. Patients describe excellent communication and genuine care from Dr. Ditzell and his staff. He comes highly recommended as a consummate professional providing the best treatment available.
- Dr. Ditzell is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for his effective treatment for opioid addiction using Suboxone.
- Many reviewers praise Dr. Ditzell and his staff for their caring and compassionate approach to patient care.
- Reviewers highlight the effectiveness of the treatment and the positive impact it has had on their personal and professional lives.
Lizzet Garcia MD
1239 Broadway Suite 604, New York, NY 10001
Dr. Lizzet Garcia utilizes FDA-approved Suboxone to treat opioid addiction. Her patients appreciate her knowledge, cooperation, attentive listening, valuable advice, dedication, compassion, and availability. She is highly recommended for Suboxone treatment.
- Dr. Lizzet Garcia is highly knowledgeable and cooperative, recognizing the importance of FDA-approved medications like Suboxone for treating opioid use disorder (OUD).
- Dr. Lizzet is a compassionate and attentive psychiatrist who takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, provide valuable advice, and create personalized treatment plans.
- Patients appreciate Dr. Lizzet's dedication and support in helping them overcome addiction, manage withdrawal symptoms, and reduce illicit opioid use through the use of medications like Suboxone.
Lafayette Medical Approach
233 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012
The Suboxone treatment center is highly recommended for its caring, respectful staff and clean, well-maintained facility. Patients and families praise the personalized, attentive treatment and the program's effectiveness in overcoming opioid addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff: The reviews consistently mention the staff being welcoming, friendly, and caring towards patients. This creates a positive and supportive environment for individuals seeking treatment.
- Clean and well-maintained facility: Many reviewers highlight the cleanliness of the clinic, which is an important factor in ensuring the comfort and safety of patients.
- Respectful treatment: Multiple reviews mention being treated with respect and dignity by staff, emphasizing the importance of compassionate and non-judgmental care in addiction treatment.
Carnegie Hill Institute
116 E 92nd St, New York, NY 10128
The Carnegie Hill Institute provides effective Suboxone treatment with a warm, caring staff dedicated to individualized care. Clients praise the supportive counselors, community perseverance in sobriety, quick service, and no loitering policy. Clients highly recommend CHI.
- Warm and caring staff who genuinely care about the patients
- Effective treatment plans that have helped clients stay clean for years
- Small and efficient facility with quick service and no tolerance for loitering
Greenwich House MMTP
190 Mercer St, New York, NY 10012
The Suboxone treatment center Greenwich House is praised for its friendly, accommodating staff and professional counselors who compassionately help clients get clean and improve their lives. Clients appreciate the on-site medical and mental health services. Though a few reviews cite past staff behavior issues and wait times.
- Friendly and professional staff - The Suboxone treatment center has a staff that is described as friendly, accommodating, and professional. They are helpful and go above and beyond to assist patients with any issues that arise.
- Efficient and organized - The center is praised for its efficient operation and empathetic approach. The intake and admissions process runs smoothly, and the programs are run in a clean and organized manner.
- Additional support services - The center offers other services beyond medication, such as mental health services, help with employment, and assistance with government benefits. These additional resources can greatly benefit individuals in their recovery journey.
- Note: While the reviews generally speak positively about the Suboxone treatment center, there are a couple of negative comments regarding staff behavior and long waiting periods. However, the overall sentiment is positive towards the center.
369 Lexington Ave Ste 14A, New York, NY 10017
Wholeview Wellness receives positive reviews for their compassionate, knowledgeable staff who effectively address addiction and mental health issues. Reviewers highlight the supportive, inclusive atmosphere.
- Experienced and compassionate staff: The staff at Wholeview Wellness is described as caring, knowledgeable, and experienced. They genuinely care about their clients and provide support and guidance throughout the treatment process.
- Evidence-based approach: Wholeview Wellness utilizes evidence-based methods in their treatment programs. They provide practical and applicable tools for coping with addiction and other mental health issues. Clients appreciate the goal-oriented approach and the ability to see their own progress.
- Supportive and positive environment: Clients feel welcomed and comfortable at Wholeview Wellness. The office environment is described as calm and tranquil, and the staff is friendly and professional. The group therapy sessions provide a supportive community where clients can share their experiences and receive encouragement.
What is Suboxone?
Healthcare providers commonly use suboxone to treat opioid addiction. It’s a combination medication of buprenorphine and naloxone.
The drug works by reducing cravings for opioids, which helps prevent withdrawal symptoms from occurring.
- Buprenorphine: An opioid partial agonist; it produces the same effects as opioids but in smaller doses.
- Naloxone: An opioid antagonist; it blocks the effects of opioid drugs.
You must take Suboxone under a healthcare professional’s supervision. Misuse of the drug can cause serious side effects and complications.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How to Take Suboxone
Healthcare providers typically administer suboxone as a sublingual film or tablet that dissolves under the tongue. They usually prescribe it as a part of comprehensive treatment in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies.
When taking Suboxone, following your doctor’s instructions carefully is essential.
Sublingual films and tablets should be placed under the tongue and allowed to dissolve completely—usually within 10 minutes. Swallowing the film may decrease its effectiveness.
How Long Do I Need to Take Suboxone?
The duration of Suboxone treatment will vary per individual. Treatment time may take longer or shorter, depending on the following:
- Your condition
- Response to treatment
- Other medications you may be taking
Your doctor will determine the best treatment plan suited to your needs. They will also conduct ongoing assessments to monitor your progress and adjust treatment as necessary.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Alternatives to Suboxone
Suboxone isn’t the only drug that can treat opioid addiction. Alternatives to Suboxone include:
Methadone is a long-acting opioid agonist. It binds to the same receptors in the brain as other opioids, like heroin and oxycodone. The drug helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and feelings of euphoria.
Naxeltrone is another popular alternative to Suboxone. The drug blocks the effects of opioids on the brain. It helps reduce cravings associated with opioid addiction.
Zubsolv is another brand name for a drug that combines buprenorphine and naloxone. Unlike Suboxone, this drug is available as a tablet.
You must dissolve the tablet in your mouth within 5 minutes. Some prefer Zubsolv over Suboxone because of its taste and ease of administration.
Precautions for Suboxone
Suboxone can cause severe problems if not taken correctly. As such, follow these precautions for the drug:
- Always take Suboxone under a doctor’s supervision.
- Never try to adjust your dosage (such as taking too little or too much) on your own.
- Keep up with all doctor appointments so they can monitor your progress.
- Be transparent about your medical history, as this can impact Suboxone’s effects on your body.
- Don’t drink alcohol and take other depressants while on Suboxone.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
- "Suboxone." Drugs.com
- "Buprenorphine." Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- "Naltrexone." Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- "Zubsolv vs Suboxone: What's the Difference?" Drugs.com.
- Velander JR. "Suboxone: Rationale, Science, Misconceptions." Ochsner J, 2018.6. Shulman M, Wai JM, Nunes EV. "Buprenorphine Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder: An Overview." CNS Drugs, 2019.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started