Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near New Bern, NC
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in New Bern for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 10 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near New Bern can cater to your needs.
Top 5 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near New Bern, NC
4300-110 Sapphire Ct, Greenville, NC 27834The positive reviews for the addiction treatment center highlight the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, particularly the woman at the front desk named Sandra. She went above and beyond to ensure that the reviewer found the correct location. These reviews do not mention the effectiveness of the counselors or treatment methods.
- Provides comprehensive treatment approach: One positive aspect of this addiction treatment center is that it does not solely rely on medication for treatment. The center incorporates therapy, which can be beneficial for individuals seeking a holistic approach to addressing their substance abuse issues.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The front desk staff, specifically Sandra, was mentioned as being particularly supportive and accommodating. This suggests that the center maintains a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, which can contribute to a positive treatment experience for individuals seeking help.
306 Avenue D, New Bern, NC 28560The addiction treatment center receives positive reviews about the comfort and sense of community it provides. Many reviewers appreciate the meetings, which offer them peace and serenity. Additionally, the center is known for its open and easy communication between staff and attendees.
- Comfortable surroundings and people: Several reviewers mentioned feeling comfortable with the surrounding area and the people at the addiction treatment center. This can foster a sense of safety and support, which can be crucial for individuals seeking recovery.
- Meetings bring peace and serenity: The meetings at this treatment center were described as helpful in attaining peace and serenity. This suggests that the center offers effective support and therapeutic interventions for individuals struggling with substance abuse.
- Support for recovering alcoholics: One review specifically mentioned that the center provides help for recovering alcoholics. This indicates that the facility has particular expertise in addressing alcohol addiction, which can be a key factor for users seeking treatment for this specific issue.
Greenville, NC 27858Customers have praised the addiction treatment center for its experienced and compassionate staff, who provided excellent support throughout their recovery journey. Many found the facility to be clean, comfortable, and conducive to a healing environment. The individualized treatment plans and various therapy options were highly praised, helping clients to develop coping skills and address underlying issues contributing to their addiction.
- Highly Qualified Staff: Many reviews mentioned the expertise and professionalism of the staff at this addiction treatment center. Former patients appreciated the knowledge and support provided by the staff, which contributed to a positive experience during their rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive Treatment Approach: Several reviewers praised the center's holistic approach to addiction treatment. They mentioned that it provided a well-rounded experience, including various therapy options, medical care, and tailored treatment plans. This comprehensive approach allowed individuals to address their specific needs and work towards long-term recovery.
Peer Recovery Center, Inc.
3900 Bridges St, Morehead City, NC 28557The Peer Recovery addiction treatment center in Carteret County is highly praised for its support for individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues. It offers meeting spaces for 12 Step Program Groups and provides training programs for Peer Support Counselors. Many reviewers express gratitude for the center's presence in the community and its positive impact on their recovery journey.
- Provides support for both substance abuse and mental health issues: The center offers resources and assistance for individuals struggling with substance abuse and mental health problems, showcasing a holistic approach to recovery.
- Offers meeting space for 12 Step Program Groups: The center provides a dedicated space for 12 Step Program Groups, creating a supportive and inclusive environment for individuals seeking mutual aid and peer support.
- Hosts training programs for Peer Support Counselors: The center offers training programs for Peer Support Counselors, indicating a commitment to professional development and the provision of quality care.
Reviving Lives Ministries of New Bern, Inc.
810 Broad St, New Bern, NC 28560The addiction treatment center has been praised for its strong impact on saving lives. Positive reviews specifically highlight the center's effectiveness in helping both men and women struggling with substance abuse.
- Strong ministry: The center is highly praised for its strong ministry aspect, which has been instrumental in saving the lives of many individuals. This suggests that the center offers a spiritual and holistic approach to addiction treatment, ensuring that patients receive support beyond just the physical aspects of recovery.
- Life-saving impact: Multiple reviews highlight the center's ability to save lives, indicating its effectiveness in helping individuals overcome substance abuse. This suggests that the center has a successful track record in providing the necessary support and treatment to help individuals on their journey towards sobriety.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started