Methadone Treatment Centers Near Asheville, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 5041 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Asheville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Asheville, NC
6 Roberts Rd, Asheville, NC 28803The majority of the reviews express high praise for the Methadone treatment center, commending its cleanliness, efficient service, caring and understanding staff, and the positive impact it has had on their lives. Medicaid coverage is mentioned as a significant benefit, along with the opportunity to receive medication and scripts for suboxone. Overall, the center is described as a life-changing and supportive place to get help for opioid addiction. There are a few mentions of minor issues, such as wait times and limited resources, but they do not overshadow the overall positive feedback from most reviewers.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center is caring and understanding, making patients feel supported. The counselors are highly praised for their dedication and willingness to go above and beyond to help individuals on their journey to recovery.
- The center is known for its cleanliness and efficient service. Patients appreciate the minimal wait times and the overall clean and inviting environment.
- The pricing options are flexible, with free services available for those with Medicaid and affordable rates for others. The availability of take-home doses and the option to get prescriptions for Suboxone make the center convenient for patients seeking comprehensive treatment.
October Road, Inc.
119 Tunnel Rd # D, Asheville, NC 28805The reviews about October Road, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as welcoming, understanding, and caring, with many reviewers considering them to be like family. The center offers a variety of treatment options, including detox, counseling, individual therapy, and a Methadone/Suboxone program. The reviewers appreciate the help they received from October Road and credit it with their sobriety and improved mental health.
- Comprehensive treatment options: October Road offers a variety of treatment programs, including detox, counseling, individual therapy, and Methadone/Suboxone treatment. They provide a range of services to support individuals in their recovery journey.
- Supportive and caring staff: Numerous reviews mention the staff at October Road being welcoming, understanding, and genuinely caring. They go above and beyond to help clients and create a supportive environment.
- Individualized care: Clients appreciate the individual attention they receive at October Road. Staff members are mentioned as being knowledgeable and transparent about the program's rules and procedures. They provide personalized care and work with clients to address their specific needs.
Premier Treatment Specialists
400 Beverly Hanks Center, Hendersonville, NC 28792Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the friendly and caring staff, minimal wait times, and the supportive environment. Many reviewers mention that this center has made a significant positive difference in their lives.
- Staff is highly praised for being helpful, caring, and compassionate.
- Minimal to no wait times for services.
- The clinic is highly recommended by patients who have experienced other facilities.
370 N Louisiana Ave, Asheville, NC 28806The reviews for the Methadone treatment center in Asheville are overwhelmingly positive. Many reviewers mention that the staff is caring, supportive, and genuinely invested in their recovery. The center is commended for its warm and friendly atmosphere, as well as the knowledge and expertise of the staff. It is recommended as the best clinic in the area and praised for its effectiveness in helping people overcome addiction.
- Affordable and easier program compared to other treatment centers in the area.
- Warm, friendly, and caring staff who genuinely show care and support for their patients.
- Highly recommended by previous clients for their dedication to helping individuals in recovery.
Behavioral Health Group - Asheville
18 Wedgefield Dr, Asheville, NC 28806The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praise the clinic for its organization, friendly atmosphere, and support team. Many highlight that the clinic has played a vital role in helping them overcome addiction and improve their lives. The staff is described as caring, focused on individual needs, and a great source of support. The center is highly recommended for those serious about recovery.
- Organized and thoroughly run clinic with a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- Helpful and caring staff who believe in recovery and work with patients to meet their goals.
- Highly recommended for those serious about recovery and needing help with getting off drugs.
Crest View Recovery Center
90 Asheland Ave, Asheville, NC 28801Overall, the reviews for Crestview, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, the clean and comfortable facilities, and the individualized treatment plans. Many reviewers credit Crestview with saving their lives and highly recommend the center for anyone serious about recovery.
- The staff at Crest View Recovery Center is caring and dedicated, showing genuine concern for the well-being of clients. They provide personalized attention and support throughout the treatment process.
- The facilities and apartments at Crest View are clean, comfortable, and inviting. Clients appreciate the cozy and positive environment, which contributes to their overall positive experience and recovery journey.
- Crest View offers a comprehensive treatment program that includes a variety of meetings, therapy sessions, and educational classes. Clients find the treatment plan and therapy to be effective in addressing their addiction and providing them with the tools for success.
901-3 Old Mars Hill Hwy, Weaverville, NC 28787The majority of the reviews for the Crossroads of Weaverville Methadone treatment center are highly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and supportive staff, with specific mentions of counselors like Kelley, Natalie, Candace, and Jessica. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them turn their lives around and regain stability, and emphasize the personal attention and understanding they receive. However, there are some criticisms regarding limited hours of operation and scheduling conflicts for counseling sessions. Overall, the reviews indicate that Crossroads of Weaverville is a reputable and effective treatment center for opioid addiction.
- Dedicated staff who go above and beyond to support patients in their recovery journey
- Comprehensive and informative approach to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and adherence to federal guidelines
- Positive and caring environment that treats patients with respect and dignity
Western Carolina Treatment Center, Inc.
3 Doctors Park Suite 3G, Asheville, NC 28801The Western Carolina Treatment Center (WCTC) is highly praised by patients, with many stating that it saved their lives and helped them overcome addiction. The counselors and staff are described as great, caring, and non-judgmental. The facility is commended for its professional and welcoming atmosphere, excellent medical professionals, and a true sense of care and concern for patients.
- Staff and counselors are incredibly supportive and non-judgmental, creating a safe and welcoming environment for recovery.
- Quick and efficient service, with short wait times for treatment.
- Highly professional and skilled doctors and medical personnel, providing quality care.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started