Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fayetteville, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2292 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Fayetteville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 11 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fayetteville, NC
New Season Treatment Center – Fayetteville
418 Person St STE 103, Fayetteville, NC 28301The reviewers express gratitude for the Fayetteville Treatment Center, stating that it saved their lives and helped them on the journey to recovery. They appreciate the positive and encouraging staff, particularly the counselors and nurses. Some reviewers mention improvements that could be made, such as better communication with the doctors and accepting a wider range of Medicaid. Overall, the treatment center is highly recommended for individuals struggling with addiction.
- Provides comprehensive support and treatment for opioid addiction, including counseling, medication (Methadone), and resources for transitioning back into the real world.
- The staff is supportive, positive, and encouraging, showing genuine concern for the well-being of patients.
- The facility is clean, organized, and welcoming.
Fayetteville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3427 Melrose Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304The Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients and their loved ones. The staff is consistently described as knowledgeable, respectful, and compassionate. The center is commended for treating patients as individuals and providing effective treatment that has helped many individuals achieve sobriety.
- Knowledgeable and respectful staff who treat patients with dignity and compassion.
- Efficient clinic with minimal wait times, providing a supportive and safe environment for recovery.
- Offers state funding to provide free treatment for individuals with lower incomes.
Coastal Horizons Center
615 Shipyard Blvd, Wilmington, NC 28412The Methadone treatment center receives praise for its dedicated and supportive team of therapists and psychiatrists. Patients appreciate the friendly and respectful staff who provide a structured program and a variety of resources for recovery. The positive experiences of getting clean and receiving the necessary help are highlighted in several reviews.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as amazing, caring, and friendly.
- The program at the center is structured and provides resources for addiction recovery, counseling, and primary care.
- The center has helped individuals in their recovery journey and has a positive impact on their mental and physical health.
2101 Garner Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610The Methadone treatment center offers a variety of services including opioid treatment programs with friendly and understanding nurses. The providers in charge of medication-assisted treatment are well-regarded and the center also provides behavioral health services. The staff is caring, patient, and knowledgeable, and the center has had a positive impact on many individuals' lives.
- Wide range of services offered including individual and group therapy, methadone and suboxone maintenance treatment, and primary care facility.
- Caring, patient, and understanding staff who make clients feel supported and never judged.
- Positive environment with courteous and helpful staff who genuinely care about sobriety, mental health, and physical health.
Johnston Recovery Services
1699 Old U.S. Hwy 70, Clayton, NC 27520The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the helpful and caring staff who go above and beyond to support them in their recovery journey. The staff, including nurses like Hillary and counselors like Sarah Hess, are praised for their professionalism and dedication. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and a life-saving resource for those struggling with opioid addiction. However, there is one negative review stating that the doctor and owner seem more focused on payment rather than patient recovery. Overall, the majority of reviewers highly recommend the center for its supportive atmosphere, caring staff, and positive impact on their lives.
- The staff is described as truly amazing, friendly, caring, and professional.
- The clinic is clean, welcoming, and has a great atmosphere.
- Several reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and having a positive impact on their recovery journey.
Lumberton Treatment Center
2200 Clyborn Church Rd, Lumberton, NC 28360The reviewed Methadone treatment center has received overwhelming appreciation and gratitude for helping individuals overcome addiction and regain their lives. The facility is commended for providing effective treatment and showing respect towards patients. However, there are also mentions of long wait times and a lack of communication regarding changes in rules, which slightly impacted the overall rating.
- Life-changing treatment: Multiple reviews express gratitude for the center, stating that it has helped them regain control of their lives and break free from addiction.
- Respectful and caring staff: One review mentions being treated with respect at the center, indicating that the staff is understanding and supportive.
- Positive overall experience: The reviews generally reflect a positive sentiment towards the treatment center, with words like "love it" and "awesome" being used.
Sanford Treatment Center
2800 Industrial Dr, Sanford, NC 27332Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Many reviewers mention that the staff is caring and committed to helping patients achieve sobriety. The wait times are minimal, making it convenient for those who work. Multiple reviewers express that going to this treatment center was the best decision they ever made and that it saved their lives.
- The staff is supportive and committed to helping patients achieve and maintain sobriety.
- There is minimal wait time, making it convenient for individuals with work commitments.
- The treatment center has had a successful track record in helping many individuals overcome opioid addiction and improve their quality of life.
Morse Clinic Of North Raleigh
3209 Gresham Lake Rd #113, Raleigh, NC 27615The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is described as amazing, caring, and compassionate, creating a safe and welcoming atmosphere. The clinic is praised for its quick and easy dosing process, realistic and understanding doctors, and helpful counselors. Many reviewers highlight that this is the best clinic they have ever been to and highly recommend it for those seeking Methadone/Suboxone treatment. However, one reviewer expressed concern about transportation during icy conditions, and another asked about insurance acceptance, which was not mentioned in any of the reviews.
- Amazing treatment and staff: The clinic is praised for providing excellent treatment and having a caring and supportive staff.
- Quick and easy dosing: Patients appreciate that the dosing process is efficient and hassle-free.
- Compassionate and understanding: The clinic is known for treating patients with compassion and care, helping them turn their lives around.
The STOP Clinic
875 Walnut St # 275, Cary, NC 27511The reviews of The STOP Clinic, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Users have reported success in quitting smoking and experiencing zero cravings after treatment. Leslie Lyon, the professional at the clinic, is described as knowledgeable, compassionate, and invested in helping her clients. Many reviewers have expressed gratitude for the clinic's effective treatment and highly recommend it.
- Highly effective in helping individuals quit smoking: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were able to quit smoking successfully after attending the STOP Clinic. Some reviewers mentioned being smoke-free for several months or even years after completing the program.
- Personalized and compassionate approach: Reviewers praised Leslie Lyon, the professional at the clinic, for her knowledge, compassion, and personalized approach. They mentioned feeling supported and treated like family during their sessions. This suggests that the clinic provides individualized care and takes the time to understand each client's needs.
- Additional benefits: Some reviewers mentioned experiencing additional benefits beyond quitting smoking. These include reduced cravings, weight loss, and improvement in overall health. This suggests that attending the STOP Clinic can have positive effects beyond just smoking cessation.
New Season Treatment Center – Durham
1913 Lamar St, Durham, NC 27705The majority of the reviews are positive, with patients praising the caring and helpful staff at the New Seasons Durham Treatment Center. There is mention of some initial issues and turnover of staff, as well as concerns about Urine Analysis (UA) results affecting take-home doses. However, these concerns seem to have been addressed and resolved, leading to an overall improved experience for patients.
- Staff is caring and goes above and beyond to help patients, even in difficult situations.
- The clinic has a positive and welcoming atmosphere, making patients feel like they are part of a supportive community.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and understanding, showing genuine care for patients' well-being.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started