Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fuquay Varina, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2263 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Fuquay Varina. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 9 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Fuquay Varina, NC
2101 Garner Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610The Methadone treatment center has nurses and providers who are friendly, understanding, and highly regarded. They offer a variety of services including medication-assisted treatment, therapy, and support groups. The staff is caring, helpful, and treats patients with respect, making the center a positive and supportive environment for recovery.
- Wide range of services offered, including individual and group therapy, methadone and suboxone maintenance treatment, and a primary care facility.
- Caring and understanding staff who provide fast service and show genuine concern for patients' sobriety, mental health, and physical well-being.
Pinehurst Comprehensive Treatment Center
20 Page Dr Suite 8, Pinehurst, NC 28374The CTC Methadone treatment center has been highly praised by many users who feel that it has saved their lives and improved their overall well-being. Users appreciate the supportive staff, personalized counseling, and efficient service. The treatment is deemed effective and worth the effort, with some users having achieved long-term sobriety.
- Caring and supportive staff: The staff at the Methadone treatment center are described as the "best" and "amazing." They are willing to work with individuals to find solutions, even when facing financial problems.
- Improved facility and short wait times: The center has made improvements and provides a quick and efficient process of treatment, with minimal wait times. Patients mention being "straight in and out most mornings."
- Effective treatment: Multiple reviewers express that the Methadone treatment provided at the center has helped them immensely in overcoming addiction. One individual mentions being "9 years clean" with the help of the center, while another describes it as a life-saving facility.
Fayetteville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3427 Melrose Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304The reviewed Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive feedback. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and respectful staff who treat them like individuals and provide support throughout their recovery. The clinic is efficient, offers state funding for those with low income, and has been successful in helping many individuals achieve sobriety. Overall, it is considered a great place with a friendly and helpful staff.
- Knowledgeable and supportive staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Efficient and well-run clinic that prioritizes privacy.
- Positive impact on patients' lives, helping them achieve and maintain sobriety.
Coastal Horizons Center
615 Shipyard Blvd, Wilmington, NC 28412The Methadone treatment center at Coastal Horizons has received several positive reviews. Patients have commended the caring and friendly staff, as well as the abundance of resources available for recovery. The program is described as well-organized and professional, with a tight-knit community of support. Many individuals credit the center for helping them achieve sobriety and express gratitude for the services provided.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mention the staff at the Methadone treatment center being friendly and caring, providing a supportive environment for recovery.
- Accessible resources: The center is praised for having a wide range of resources available, including counseling, primary care, and medication.
- Effective treatment: Several reviews mention that the center has helped them on their recovery journey and enabled them to achieve sobriety.
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1617 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103Patients have had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center, praising the staff for being kind, respectful, and understanding. Many found the counselors to be helpful and supportive. The facility is also described as clean and the nurses are praised for their expertise and compassion. Overall, patients felt that the center genuinely cares about their well-being and has been instrumental in their recovery.
- The staff members are kind, respectful, and understanding. They treat patients like actual people and provide a comfortable and supportive environment.
- The counselors are helpful, knowledgeable, and provide personalized guidance. They truly care about the well-being of their patients and offer encouragement throughout the recovery process.
- The nurses are professional, educated, and provide efficient service. They are attentive to patients' needs and ensure minimal wait times for medication dosing.
BAART Programs Durham
800 N Mangum St Suite 400, Durham, NC 27701The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding improvements made by the new Director, Hilda, who is efficient and caring towards clients. The staff is friendly, concerned about patients' well-being and recovery, and willing to go the extra mile. Some reviews mention difficulties in retaining counselors long-term, but overall, the center is praised for its positive experiences, professionalism, and life-changing impact.
- The new director has made significant improvements and is very efficient, caring, and committed to client well-being and recovery.
- The staff is friendly, understanding, and willing to go the extra mile to help patients.
Johnston Recovery Services
1699 Old U.S. Hwy 70, Clayton, NC 27520The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring, professional staff who go above and beyond to help them on their recovery journey. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and with a great atmosphere. However, one review mentions concerns about the doctor and owner's lack of care for patient recovery. Overall, the center receives high praise for its life-saving impact and supportive environment.
- The staff is described as amazing, caring, and helpful. They are considered a blessing and angels to the patients.
- The clinic is described as clean and welcoming, with a great atmosphere. The staff is professional and genuinely cares about the patients' recovery.
The STOP Clinic
875 Walnut St # 275, Cary, NC 27511Multiple reviewers have praised The STOP Clinic and Leslie Lyon for helping them quit smoking successfully through their program. Many reviewers mentioned that they had tried various methods before, but nothing worked until they went to The STOP Clinic. Leslie Lyon was described as knowledgeable, compassionate, and invested in helping her clients. Overall, reviewers highly recommend The STOP Clinic for anyone looking to quit smoking.
- High success rate: Many reviewers have successfully quit smoking and remained smoke-free for a significant period of time after receiving treatment at The STOP Clinic.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate staff: Leslie, the primary professional at the clinic, is frequently praised for her expertise, understanding, and dedication to helping clients achieve their goals.
- Personalized and non-invasive approach: The clinic offers a tailored approach, taking into account each individual's specific needs and desires. The treatment does not involve invasive procedures or medications, making it a healthier option for those looking to quit smoking.
3580 NC-14, Reidsville, NC 27320The majority of the reviews express gratitude and positive experiences with the Methadone treatment center, emphasizing the caring and supportive staff. There is one negative review mentioning an issue with a staff member named Rhonda, but overall, the center is praised for saving lives and providing a safe and confidential environment for recovery. The clinic is also described as open, helpful, and friendly, with fast service and a focus on assisting addicts.
- The staff genuinely cares about each individual and their recovery journey, providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment.
- Patients appreciate the compassionate and helpful staff, mentioning their positive experiences and feeling safe, wanted, and cared for during their treatment.
- The clinic offers fast service, friendly staff, and a nice environment for treatment, making it a great option for individuals seeking methadone treatment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started