Methadone Treatment Centers Near Garner, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2098 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Garner. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 12 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Garner, NC
2101 Garner Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610The Methadone treatment center receives positive reviews for its services and staff. The nurses are friendly and understanding, while the providers who manage medication-assisted treatment are well-regarded. The center offers a variety of services, including therapy, groups, and a walk-in center. The staff is caring, patient, and knowledgeable, creating a positive environment for recovery. Overall, many reviewers credit the center with changing their lives and express gratitude for the support provided.
- Offers a wide range of services, including individual and group therapy, Methadone and Suboxone maintenance treatment, and primary care facilities, all conveniently provided in one location.
- Staff is caring, patient, and understanding, with specialized knowledge and master's degrees in their respective fields.
- Provides a positive and supportive environment, with courteous and helpful staff who are dedicated to the patients' sobriety, mental health, and physical well-being.
Johnston Recovery Services
1699 Old U.S. Hwy 70, Clayton, NC 27520The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and professional staff who go above and beyond to help them in their recovery journey. The center is described as clean, welcoming, and having a great atmosphere. However, there is one negative review suggesting that the doctor and owner prioritize payment over patient recovery. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Staff is truly amazing, caring, and professional.
- Clinic provides a welcoming and clean atmosphere.
- Counselors are supportive and helpful throughout the recovery process.
Pinehurst Comprehensive Treatment Center
20 Page Dr Suite 8, Pinehurst, NC 28374The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center were positive, with many praising the knowledgeable and caring staff. Patients felt supported throughout their recovery journey and found the medication to be effective in managing withdrawal symptoms. However, there were a few negative reviews highlighting issues with long wait times and difficulties in scheduling appointments.
- The staff at this center is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. They take the time to understand each individual's unique needs and provide personalized treatment plans."
- The facility is clean and well-maintained. It creates a comfortable and welcoming environment for patients, making them feel safe and supported throughout their recovery journey."
- The availability of counseling services alongside Methadone treatment is a major plus. The therapists are understanding and offer valuable support, helping patients address the underlying causes of their addiction."
Fayetteville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3427 Melrose Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients and their loved ones praise the knowledgeable and respectful staff who treat them with dignity and compassion. The center is seen as efficient and prioritizes privacy. Many individuals credit the center with completely changing their lives and helping them maintain sobriety.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Efficient clinic with a focus on privacy and involving family in the treatment process.
- Friendly staff and short wait times.
Morse Clinic Of North Raleigh
3209 Gresham Lake Rd #113, Raleigh, NC 27615This Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. They praise the amazing treatment, compassionate staff, and safe atmosphere. Many reviewers mention that this is the best clinic they have been to, with quick dosing and a focus on individual needs. The clinic is highly recommended for anyone seeking Methadone/Suboxone treatment.
- Amazing treatment and staff: The clinic is praised for providing excellent treatment and having a friendly and professional staff.
- Quick and easy dosing: Patients appreciate the efficiency of the dosing process at the clinic.
- Compassionate and caring: The clinic is described as treating patients with compassion and care, making it a comfortable and welcoming environment.
New Season Treatment Center – Raleigh
3911 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610The reviews for the Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as welcoming, respectful, and supportive, with specific shoutouts to Mrs. Brooks, Miss Helen, and Miss Veronica. The facility is praised for being clean, and the staff is commended for treating both permanent clients and guest dosers with respect and dignity. Overall, the center is considered one of the best clinics, with counselors described as warm, patient, and professional.
- The staff at New Season provides a welcoming and supportive environment, treating patients with respect and compassion.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, creating a comfortable atmosphere for guests and permanent clients alike.
- The counselors are warm, patient, and helpful, making the treatment process positive and effective.
New Season Treatment Center – Durham
1913 Lamar St, Durham, NC 27705The majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients appreciate the caring and hardworking staff who ensure the well-being of patients and make them feel supported. However, there were a few concerns mentioned about issues with urine analysis results affecting take-home doses, but it seems that the center has addressed and improved upon those issues. Overall, the center is praised for its helpful and understanding staff.
- The staff at the New Seasons Durham Treatment Center is extremely caring and goes above and beyond to ensure that patients are taken care of and not turned away to withdrawal off medication.
- The clinic has a friendly and supportive atmosphere, with staff members who genuinely care about helping patients through their addiction and difficult times.
- The director of the center is understanding and accessible, willing to speak with patients at any time and work with them to improve their situation.
BAART Programs Durham
800 N Mangum St Suite 400, Durham, NC 27701The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews regarding improvements made by the new director, Hilda, who is efficient and caring towards clients. The staff is described as friendly, concerned about patients' well-being, and willing to go the extra mile to help. While some mention difficulties in retaining counselors long-term, the nurses and staff are praised for their hard work. Overall, the center has been described as a life changer, with staff members going above and beyond to provide help and support.
- The new director, Hilda, has made significant improvements and is efficient at her job. She is caring and ensures that things are done for the clients.
- The staff is friendly, concerned about the well-being and recovery of the patients, and willing to go the extra mile to solve problems.
- The clinic has been praised for helping patients, even those on prescribed benzos. They are understanding and want to help individuals improve their lives.
- The nurses and staff are highly regarded, with specific mentions of Shawanda, Colleen, and Ms. Green. They work hard to provide excellent care.
- Despite negative comments, many individuals have had a positive experience at the clinic. It is emphasized that success and satisfaction largely depend on the effort put in by the patient.
- Note: The language in the reviews has been edited for clarity and conciseness.
The STOP Clinic
875 Walnut St # 275, Cary, NC 27511The STOP Clinic, specializing in Methadone treatment for opioid addiction, has received numerous positive reviews. Patients have successfully quit smoking with the help of the clinic, experiencing minimal cravings and improved health. Leslie Lyon, the professional at the clinic, is highly knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated to helping her clients reach their goals. Overall, patients have been satisfied with the service provided by The STOP Clinic and would recommend it to others.
- Highly effective in helping individuals quit smoking: Multiple reviews highlight successful outcomes in quitting smoking after receiving treatments at The STOP Clinic. Users report zero cravings and long-term success in maintaining a smoke-free life.
- Personalized and compassionate approach: Reviewers appreciate Leslie Lyon's caring and individualized approach towards clients. They highlight her dedication and willingness to spend as much time as needed to address their needs and ensure a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Long-standing success: Some reviewers mention long-term success, with one individual stating they have not smoked for over 17 years after receiving treatment at The STOP Clinic. This suggests that the clinic's approach yields durable results.
First Step Services, LLC - Raleigh, Cary - Serving NC - Alcohol, Drug, Outpatient Treatment
211 E Six Forks Rd #117, Raleigh, NC 27609This Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its affordability, helpful staff, and knowledgeable counselors. Reviewers appreciate the caring and compassionate approach of the employees, particularly mentioning Dr. Sandy and Katie as standout members of the team. The virtual classes and modern philosophy of the center are also highlighted as positive aspects.
- Affordable self-pay option
- Helpful and supportive staff
- Knowledgeable and compassionate counselors
Goldsboro Comprehensive Treatment Center
1700 E Ash St Suite 201, Goldsboro, NC 27530Overall, the reviews indicate that this Methadone treatment center is highly recommended for those who are committed to getting clean. The staff is described as friendly and helpful, and the treatment program is praised for its effectiveness. Some minor drawbacks mentioned include turnover among counselors and the cost of treatment, but these are outweighed by the positive experiences of the reviewers.
- Provides a choice between methadone or buprenorphine for treatment.
- Offers assistance with paying for the program.
- Positive experience with staff and treatment, as long as rules and guidelines are followed.
Western Wake Treatment Center
2172 N Salem St #105, Apex, NC 27523The Western Wake Treatment Center is praised for its caring and responsible staff who treat patients as individuals and not just numbers. The counselors, nurses, and doctor are all described as attentive and knowledgeable, providing a safe and comfortable environment for patients to open up about their recovery. The clinic is also appreciated for its efficiency and professionalism.
- Caring and responsible staff who treat patients with care and respect.
- Clean and efficient treatment center with knowledgeable staff.
- A safe and supportive environment for patients to open up about their recovery journey.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started