Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gastonia, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 3012 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Gastonia. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Gastonia, NC
1089 X Ray Dr, Gastonia, NC 28054, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center receives mostly positive reviews from clients who appreciate the dedication and care provided by the staff. Some of the underlying issues mentioned include unclear Suboxone maintenance plans and unclear stipulations such as retaining personal items for 48 hours after leaving the program. However, overall, the center is praised for its supportive staff, quality meals, and assistance in finding aftercare and rehabilitation programs. Clients also express gratitude for the clean facilities, engaging group sessions, and personalized approach to recovery.
- Dedicated and caring staff who provide the best care possible
- High quality meals provided by an in-house French chef
- Supportive conversations and group therapy available for recovery
- Attentive staff who provide comfort and assistance during detox
- Helpful case management to find rehab and aftercare programs
- Clean facility with excellent facilities and food
- Encouragement to find a recovery program that works for the individual
- Personal rooms for privacy and various activities available for engagement
- Comfortable detox experience and assistance in finding rehab programs
McLeod Centers For Wellbeing
549 Cox Rd, Gastonia, NC 28054, United StatesThe majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with many people praising the staff and the program for saving their lives and helping them overcome addiction. The nurses, counselors, and front desk staff are all mentioned as being friendly and attentive. Some reviewers mention a short wait time and affordable cost. However, there are a few negative reviews mentioning long lines, difficulty staying clean, and some frustration with the staff. Overall, the center is recommended for those struggling with opioid addiction.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The nurses, counselors, and front desk employees are all described as nice, professional, and understanding.
- Effective treatment: Multiple reviewers mention that the center has helped them overcome their addiction and stabilize their lives.
- Short wait times: Some reviewers mention that the wait times for appointments and medication dispensing are generally short.
New Season Treatment Center – Gastonia
1455 E Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28054, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. The staff is praised for their kindness, professionalism, and willingness to listen. The center is described as clean, organized, and efficient, with minimal wait times for dosing. Some negative feedback includes occasional understaffing leading to delays and concerns about individuals seeking a "steady high" rather than genuine treatment. Overall, the clinic is highly recommended for its dedication to saving lives and providing effective care.
- The staff at the Methadone treatment center are extremely kind and caring, treating patients as individuals rather than just another patient.
- The counselors at the center are attentive and always available to listen and provide support. Patients can feel comfortable talking to any counselor, even if their assigned counselor is unavailable.
- The center is well-organized and efficient, with minimal waits for dosing and a professional atmosphere.
Pavana Treatment - Opiate Addiction Treatment
1038 X Ray Dr, Gastonia, NC 28054, United StatesReviews of the Methadone treatment center, Pavana, consistently praise the staff for their professionalism, kindness, and effectiveness in aiding recovery. Patients feel like they are part of a supportive and caring environment, often referring to the staff as their "second family." The center is commended for its clean and respectful atmosphere.
- Friendly and caring staff: The staff at Pavana Treatment group is described as amazing, beautiful, caring professionals who go above and beyond to support their patients. They are praised for their compassion, understanding, and non-judgmental attitude.
- Clean and professional environment: The office is consistently mentioned as clean and decorated accordingly, providing a professional and welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Prompt and efficient care: Reviewers appreciate the promptness in getting started on medication after the initial assessment, as well as the efficient and effective care provided by the team at Pavana Treatment group.
Ascend Health PLLC - Suboxone Clinic
10831 Pineville Rd Ste 9, Pineville, NC 28134, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients. Many reviewers praised the caring and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to ensure the well-being of patients. The center is commended for its dedication to providing tools, support, and personalized care for successful recovery. Patients also appreciate the nonjudgmental and respectful environment provided by the clinic, making it a top choice for those seeking treatment for opioid addiction.
- Top-notch care and knowledgeable providers who genuinely care about patients' well-being.
- Staff goes above and beyond to ensure convenience and availability of medication and appointments.
- Non-judgmental, respectful, and caring environment that prioritizes the needs of patients.
Hickory Metro Treatment Center
1152 Lenoir Rhyne Blvd SE, Hickory, NC 28601The majority of the reviews indicate that the Hickory Metro Center is highly recommended. The staff is praised for being caring, understanding, and nonjudgmental. The clinic is commended for its efficient service and short wait times. However, some reviewers feel that there is room for improvement in certain areas.
- The staff is incredibly friendly and caring, providing a nonjudgmental and supportive environment for patients.
- The wait times at this treatment center are significantly shorter compared to other clinics, with the longest wait being only 20 minutes.
- The clinic has made improvements over the past year, including faster intake processes and accepting Medicaid.
123 Professional Park Dr Suite 101, Mooresville, NC 28117, United StatesThe Methadone treatment center at Eleanor Health in Mooresville, NC receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients consistently praise the knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate staff who genuinely care about their well-being. The center is commended for its professionalism, cleanliness, and accommodating nature. Many individuals recommend Eleanor Health for its comprehensive treatment approach and the support it provides throughout the recovery journey.
- Highly professional and compassionate staff: The staff at Eleanor Health is described as knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate, making patients feel cared for and supported.
- Outstanding support and resources: Eleanor Health is praised for providing excellent support and resources for those seeking treatment for substance use disorder, going above and beyond to ensure individuals have access to the resources they need.
- Clean and friendly environment: The treatment center is described as clean and friendly, with staff members who sincerely care about the success and well-being of their patients.
New Season Treatment Center – Charlotte
3315 Wilkinson Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28208, United StatesThe majority of the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are positive, with reviewers praising the helpful and supportive staff, particularly the counselors. One reviewer did mention a less-enthusiastic experience with the weekend front desk staff member. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking assistance in overcoming opioid addiction.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Non-judgmental and supportive environment
- Quick and efficient dosing process
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started