Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kernersville, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2084 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Kernersville. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Kernersville, NC
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1617 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the caring and respectful staff, including the director, nurses, and counselors. The center is described as clean, helpful, and understanding. Many individuals credit this center with saving their lives and providing them with the stability they needed for recovery.
- Staff members, including the director and counselors, are kind, respectful, and understanding, providing a supportive and comfortable environment for patients.
- The facility offers comprehensive care and treatment, including medication and counseling, to help patients achieve stability and regain control of their lives.
- The nurses are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, ensuring that patients receive prompt and quality care.
New Season Treatment Center – Greensboro
207 S Westgate Dr Suites G-J, Greensboro, NC 27407Overall, the majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients are grateful for the caring staff, especially counselors Preston and Juanita, who have made them feel comfortable and supported. There are a few concerns mentioned, particularly regarding rude or unhelpful staff members, but these issues were addressed quickly and professionally. Many reviewers credit the center with helping them turn their lives around and highly recommend it for those seeking treatment.
- The staff, including counselors and nurses, are described as kind, supportive, and caring. They treat patients with respect and without judgment.
- The facility offers helpful group sessions and has a variety of counselors available, allowing patients to find someone they feel comfortable with and can trust.
- Patients appreciate the affordability of the treatment center, stating that it is worth the cost compared to what they used to spend on drugs.
Thomasville Treatment Associates
1301 National Hwy, Thomasville, NC 27360Overall, the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Patients praise the friendly and helpful staff, quick service, and convenience of being able to dose and return home in a short amount of time. However, there are a few negative comments about disrespectful counselors and overcrowding at times.
- Friendly and helpful office staff
- Efficient and quick service
Caring Services Inc
102 Chestnut Dr, High Point, NC 27262The Methadone treatment center in High Point, North Carolina has a dedicated staff who provide honest advice and care to those seeking help. They are described as compassionate, non-judgmental, and truly caring about the people they serve. The program helps individuals find their identity, build a foundation for the future, and the recovery experience is deemed as awesome.
- Dedicated and caring staff who provide truth, advice, and care to help individuals better themselves and alter their lifestyles in positive ways.
- Compassionate and empathetic staff who truly care about the people they serve, providing a complete and effective program for recovery.
- The program helps individuals find out who they are, understand their past behavior, and build a foundation for a better future.
206 Gatewood Ave, High Point, NC 27262Eleanor Health is praised for its knowledgeable and caring staff who go above and beyond to help patients struggling with addiction and mental health issues. They provide a variety of services such as therapy, mental health counseling, and medication management. Patients appreciate the nonjudgmental and supportive environment and highly recommend the center for its life-saving effects.
- The healthcare workers at Eleanor Health are compassionate and truly care about their patients' well-being. They go above and beyond to ensure that patients are taken care of and supported.
- The treatment center offers a comprehensive approach to addiction treatment, including mental health counseling, group therapy, and medication management.
- The staff at Eleanor Health is nonjudgmental, understanding, and relatable. They create a welcoming and supportive environment for individuals struggling with addiction.
2706 N Church St, Greensboro, NC 27405Crossroads Treatment Center is praised for its efficient and fast service, caring staff, and supportive counselors. Patients appreciate the positive atmosphere and the personalized attention they receive. However, some patients have experienced issues with insurance coverage and counselor turnover. Overall, the center is highly recommended for those seeking effective opioid addiction treatment.
- The center has a dedicated and caring staff, including counselors, nurses, and directors, who are praised by several reviewers for their compassion and commitment to helping patients.
- The center offers efficient service with multiple methadone windows, allowing patients to get in and out quickly, reducing wait times.
- Reviewers appreciate the respectful and welcoming atmosphere of the center, where they feel treated as individuals and not just statistics.
Insight Human Services
665 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101Insight Human Services is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center in North Carolina. The center offers a comprehensive program that includes methadone maintenance, counseling, and group therapy to help individuals achieve lasting sobriety. The staff at Insight is described as caring, supportive, and instrumental in saving lives. Patients praise the counselors, nurses, and other staff members for their dedication and positive impact on their recovery journeys. Overall, Insight is seen as a place that truly cares about their patients and provides life-saving services.
- Comprehensive treatment approach: The center offers a combination of Methadone maintenance, counseling, and group therapy, providing a comprehensive approach to recovery.
- Supportive and caring staff: The staff, including counselors, nurses, and front desk personnel, are described as being compassionate, involved in patients' recovery, and even going above and beyond to help with basic needs like food and clothing.
- Accessible treatment: The center is praised for its availability to those who cannot afford daily payments and provides treatment to anyone without rejecting them, accepting Medicare payments for medications.
3580 NC-14, Reidsville, NC 27320The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are extremely positive, with patients praising the caring and supportive staff who truly want to help people recover. There was one complaint about a staff member named Rhonda being rude, but overall, the center is described as a blessing and a lifesaver for those seeking treatment. Patients appreciate the kind and helpful staff, with some even expressing gratitude for scholarships provided to receive medication.
- Staff genuinely cares about patients and their recovery journey.
- Positive and supportive environment.
- Fast and friendly service with caring staff.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started