Methadone Treatment Centers Near Shallotte, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1901 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Shallotte. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 7 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Shallotte, NC
Coastal Horizons Center
615 Shipyard Blvd, Wilmington, NC 28412The majority of the reviews for this Methadone treatment center are positive. Customers appreciate the supportive and caring staff, as well as the resources and services offered. However, there are a few negative comments about rude or unhelpful staff members. Overall, the center seems to be effective in helping individuals with their addiction recovery.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this Methadone treatment center being friendly, caring, and supportive. They provide a positive and helpful environment for recovery.
- Quick program enrollment: One review states that the center promptly enrolled the individual into their program within a week of inquiring. This suggests that the center is efficient in getting clients started on their treatment journey.
- Access to resources: Another review mentions that the center has abundant resources available to support clients in their recovery. This indicates that the center offers a comprehensive approach to treatment, providing various resources and services to address clients' needs.
Wilmington Suboxone Center - Opioid Addiction Treatment
3803 Wrightsville Ave STE 7, Wilmington, NC 28403Dr. Harris, the doctor at the Methadone treatment center, is highly praised by multiple reviewers for his exceptional care and understanding towards patients. The clinic visits are affordable and have short wait times. Reviewers highly recommend the clinic for anyone struggling with addiction and seeking help.
- Dr. Harris is a caring and exceptional doctor who genuinely cares about his patients' well-being.
- The clinic visits are affordable and there is usually not a long wait to be seen.
- Dr. Harris takes time to listen to his patients, offers professional advice, and has helped many people in their recovery journeys.
Lifeline Treatment Center
5710 Oleander Dr #100, Wilmington, NC 28403Lifeline Treatment Center is highly praised by reviewers for their compassionate and helpful staff, personal treatment approach, and ability to handle unique situations, such as memory issues and co-occurring disorders. The staff is commended for going above and beyond to support patients and their families, including providing transportation and constant updates. Reviewers also appreciate the program's focus on fun group activities, individualized plans for staying clean post-rehab, and the overall life-changing experience that Lifeline provides. The affordability of the treatment center is highlighted, making it accessible to many individuals seeking help for addiction.
- Personalized treatment with a small client-to-staff ratio: Clients appreciate the fact that Lifeline Treatment Center has a maximum of 15 clients at a time, allowing for more personalized treatment and a less overwhelming group setting.
- Compassionate and supportive staff: Many reviewers mention the caring and understanding staff at Lifeline Treatment Center. Staff members are described as compassionate, non-judgmental, and passionate about helping clients on their recovery journey.
- Supportive aftercare and transition planning: Clients highlight the support they received from the staff at Lifeline Treatment Center after completing the program. The center provides assistance with developing a plan for maintaining sobriety, including access to sober living homes and assistance with job placement.
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1617 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103This Methadone treatment center receives overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the caring and respectful staff, especially the nurses and counselors, who are knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding. The director also receives praise for running the center well and creating a positive environment. Patients feel that this center has made a significant impact on their lives and would highly recommend it to others.
- The staff, including the director and counselors, are kind, respectful, and caring. They create a supportive and understanding environment for patients.
- The treatment center is well-managed and organized, with helpful and informative staff members who put patients at ease during the intake process.
- The nurses are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, ensuring that patients receive prompt and quality care. The facility is clean and has made a positive impact on patients' lives.
Pinehurst Comprehensive Treatment Center
20 Page Dr Suite 8, Pinehurst, NC 28374The Methadone treatment center, CTC, has been described as a lifesaver and a place where individuals can lead a "normal" life. The staff is praised for their helpfulness and willingness to work with patients, even in difficult situations. Reviewers recommend CTC as a place to seek treatment and find control over their lives, emphasizing that it is worth the effort and that the treatment does work.
- Staff is helpful and supportive, willing to work with financial problems.
- Improved facility and staff, minimal wait times.
- Effective treatment that has saved lives and helped individuals regain control.
Fayetteville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3427 Melrose Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304The Methadone treatment center has received excellent reviews from patients and their families. The staff is highly knowledgeable, respectful, and treats patients with dignity. The clinic is efficient, provides state funding for those with low income, and has helped many individuals maintain sobriety and improve their lives. Overall, the center is praised for its friendly staff and great services.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Efficient clinic with a focus on privacy, and involvement of family members for support.
- Life-changing place that has helped many individuals achieve long-term sobriety.
New Season Treatment Center – Durham
1913 Lamar St, Durham, NC 27705The New Seasons Durham Treatment Center has a caring and dedicated staff who went above and beyond to ensure the wellbeing of their patients, even in challenging circumstances. The clinic has a positive and family-like atmosphere, making patients feel supported and cared for. The staff is friendly, helpful, and willing to work with patients to help them improve their lives.
- The staff at the New Seasons Durham Treatment Center are extremely caring and go above and beyond to ensure patients are taken care of, even in difficult situations.
- The clinic has a long-term approach to treatment, allowing patients to earn take-home doses and maintain stability over many years.
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and genuinely cares about the well-being of patients, creating a supportive and family-like environment.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started