Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wake Forest, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 1911 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Wake Forest. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 8 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Wake Forest, NC
Morse Clinic Of North Raleigh
3209 Gresham Lake Rd #113, Raleigh, NC 27615The reviewed Methadone treatment center is highly praised for its amazing treatment, friendly staff, safe atmosphere, and quick and easy dosing. Reviewers recommend the clinic to anyone seeking Methadone treatment. They appreciate the compassionate and caring approach, realistic doctors, and helpful counselors. Some even consider it the best clinic they have ever been to. However, there is a minor concern about transportation during icy conditions. The clinic's affordability, cleanliness, and trustworthy nature are also mentioned positively.
- Amazing treatment and staff: The clinic provides excellent treatment and has a caring and supportive staff.
- Quick and easy dosing: Dosing at the clinic is fast and convenient.
- Personalized and compassionate care: Patients feel valued and supported, with a focus on individual needs and a nonjudgmental atmosphere.
New Season Treatment Center – Durham
1913 Lamar St, Durham, NC 27705Overall, the New Seasons Durham Treatment Center received positive reviews from customers. Patients praised the staff for their caring and supportive attitude, emphasizing that they feel genuinely cared for and treated like family at the facility. Some customers mentioned issues with the urine analysis (UA) testing, expressing concerns about false positives and the impact it had on their take-home doses. However, they also mentioned that the clinic worked to address these issues, leading to an improved overall experience.
- The staff at the New Seasons Durham Treatment Center are extremely caring and go above and beyond to make sure patients are taken care of and not turned away.
- The clinic has made efforts to address issues and improve the overall experience for patients, resulting in a cohesive and family-like atmosphere.
- The staff members are friendly, helpful, and genuinely care about helping patients improve their lives.
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1617 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103The Methadone treatment center has received positive reviews from patients regarding the staff, including the director and counselors, who were described as caring, understanding, and helpful. Patients appreciated the respectful and supportive environment provided by the center. The nurses were praised for their knowledge and helpfulness. Overall, patients felt that the center had a positive impact on their lives and highly recommended it to others.
- The staff, including the director and counselors, are highly praised for being kind, respectful, understanding, and caring towards patients.
- The clinic provides a supportive and comfortable atmosphere, putting patients at ease during their treatment.
- The nurses are described as educated, informed, and helpful, contributing to the positive experience at the clinic.
Pinehurst Comprehensive Treatment Center
20 Page Dr Suite 8, Pinehurst, NC 28374The majority of reviews praise the Methadone treatment center for saving lives and providing a supportive environment for recovery. The staff is highly regarded for their care and willingness to help, even in difficult situations. The treatment is described as effective and worth the effort, with minimal wait times.
- CTC of Pinehurst has a supportive and caring staff who are willing to help patients with financial difficulties and find solutions.
- The facility and staff have improved over time, with minimal waiting time and efficient service.
- The treatment at the center is effective and has helped several individuals overcome addiction, with positive outcomes reported by multiple patients.
Fayetteville Comprehensive Treatment Center
3427 Melrose Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28304The Methadone treatment center has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable and helpful staff who treat them with respect and dignity. The center is praised for its efficient operation, privacy measures, and the involvement of family members. The staff is described as friendly and the treatment provided is life-changing.
- Highly knowledgeable and helpful staff who treat patients with respect and dignity.
- Offers state funding for free treatment if income is less than 30k/year.
- Efficient clinic operations with a focus on privacy.
Morse Clinic of Zebulon
877 E Gannon Ave STE 103, Zebulon, NC 27597The Morse Clinic in Zebulon is highly praised for its compassionate and understanding staff. The team, including Michelle, Kaitlyn, and the nurses, is commended for their dedication to serving patients and creating a supportive atmosphere. The clinic is seen as a place of hope and transformation, providing effective treatment for opiate dependency and helping individuals maintain sobriety.
- The staff at this Methadone treatment center are praised for their compassion, understanding, and caring attitude towards patients.
- Patients appreciate the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, with many mentioning specific names of staff members who have positively impacted their treatment journey.
Wilson Professional Services
3709 Nash St N, Wilson, NC 27896The majority of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with many expressing gratitude for the center's impact on their lives and the caring nature of the staff. Some reviewers mention that the negative reviews are outdated and recommend ignoring them. Overall, the center is described as a life-saving and effective place for treatment, with several reviewers specifically mentioning how the center helped them recover from drug addiction.
- Friendly and caring staff who treat patients like human beings.
- Effective in helping patients stay clean and off the streets, with positive results for many individuals.
- Provides state funding options for those who cannot afford treatment.
The STOP Clinic
875 Walnut St # 275, Cary, NC 27511The reviews for The STOP Clinic, a Methadone treatment center, are overwhelmingly positive. Multiple reviewers mentioned their success in quitting smoking with the help of Leslie Lyon, the professional at the clinic. They praised her knowledge, compassion, and personalized approach, highlighting that the program works effectively in eliminating cravings and promoting a healthier lifestyle. The reviewer also mentioned that the price is fair and the service provided by Leslie is exceptional.
- Effective Smoking Cessation: Many reviewers have successfully quit smoking and have not experienced cravings after receiving treatment at The STOP Clinic.
- Personalized and Compassionate Approach: Leslie Lyon, the professional at The STOP Clinic, is praised for her knowledge, compassion, and dedication to helping her clients. She treats her clients like family and spends as much time as needed to address their needs.
- Long-Term Success: Several reviewers mention being smoke-free for a significant number of years after receiving treatment at The STOP Clinic, which suggests that the program can lead to long-term success in quitting smoking.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started