Methadone Treatment Centers Near Winston-Salem, NC
Why Trust Us
As a top-rated website for addiction treatment, AddictionGroup understands the importance of helping you find a reputable addiction clinic. Addiction is a severe problem, so our team comprehensively analyzed hundreds of methadone clinics to provide the best recommendations.
Here are some criteria that our team considers when researching and evaluating addiction clinics:
- Licenses and accreditation
- Treatment approach
- Experience in treating opioid addiction
- Insurance coverage
We also employed advanced AI technology to evaluate 2491 patient reviews to identify the best methadone clinic in Winston-Salem. It helps us narrow our recommendations so you can find the best clinic for your needs.
Top 6 Methadone Treatment Centers Near Winston-Salem, NC
Carty Addiction Medicine and Internal Medicine Clinic: Brian Carty, MD, MSPH
3333 Brookview Hills Blvd suite 2, Winston-Salem, NC 27103Overall, the reviews for the Methadone treatment center are extremely positive. Dr. Carty is highly praised for his attentiveness, compassion, and knowledge, with many patients expressing gratitude for his help in improving their health and well-being. The receptionist is generally described as friendly and polite, although there are a few mentions of rude behavior on certain occasions. The center is commended for its professionalism and the understanding and support provided to individuals dealing with addiction and recovery.
- Dr. Carty is caring and attentive: Many reviewers appreciate Dr. Carty's approach to patient care, noting that he takes the time to listen, is knowledgeable, and genuinely cares about improving their health and well-being.
- Friendly and understanding staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the receptionist and staff members are friendly, polite, and understanding, creating a positive and supportive environment for patients.
- Comprehensive treatment: Reviewers mentioned that Dr. Carty goes beyond just writing medications and takes a holistic approach to their health, addressing other issues such as anxiety, depression, and smoking cessation. This suggests that the treatment provided at this center is comprehensive and tailored to individual needs.
Insight Human Services
665 W 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101Insight Human Services is highly praised by reviewers for their Methadone treatment program in Chapel Hill. The staff is described as caring, supportive, and involved in the recovery process. Many reviewers credit the center with saving their lives and emphasize the importance of being committed to treatment in order to benefit from the program. Overall, the center is recommended for those seeking help with opioid addiction.
- Comprehensive approach: The center offers a combination of methadone maintenance, counseling, and group therapy, providing a comprehensive approach to sobriety and recovery.
- Supportive and caring staff: Many reviewers mention the compassionate and dedicated staff who go above and beyond to help clients in their recovery journey.
- Affordable and accessible: The center is praised for its affordable sliding scale prices and acceptance of Medicare/Medicaid, making it accessible to those who cannot afford expensive treatment options.
Winston-Salem Comprehensive Treatment Center
1617 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103The Methadone treatment center is highly praised by patients who feel that the staff, including the director, counselors, and nurses, are understanding, kind, and respectful. The center provides a positive and comfortable environment, giving patients hope for their recovery. The staff members are dedicated and willing to assist patients and ensure their needs are met, leading to positive outcomes for those seeking treatment.
- Excellent staff: The center has received multiple positive reviews about the staff, including the director, counselors, and nurses. They are described as kind, respectful, caring, understanding, and helpful.
- Comfortable and welcoming environment: Many reviewers mention feeling at ease and comfortable in the center, which is a positive change from their previous experiences. The center is described as a clean and wonderful place that provides a supportive atmosphere for recovery.
Addiction Recovery Care Association Inc (ARCA)
5755 Shattalon Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27105ARCA is a highly recommended Methadone treatment center that provides excellent care and support to individuals struggling with addiction. The staff is dedicated, knowledgeable, and genuinely cares about the well-being of their patients. Many reviewers credit ARCA with saving their lives and providing them with the tools necessary for long-term recovery.
- The staff at ARCA is caring, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping individuals on their path to recovery.
- ARCA provides effective tools and resources for individuals to cope with addiction and maintain sobriety.
- The center offers a supportive and motivating environment, helping individuals stay focused and engaged in their recovery journey.
New Season Treatment Center – Gastonia
1455 E Franklin Blvd, Gastonia, NC 28054The majority of reviews for this Methadone treatment center are overwhelmingly positive. The staff is described as kind, caring, and professional. Patients appreciate being treated as individuals rather than numbers and find the counselors to be helpful and supportive. However, there are a couple of negative comments about understaffing causing delays for patients. Overall, the center is highly recommended for its effectiveness in saving lives and providing a positive treatment experience.
- The staff is extremely kind, caring, and treats patients with respect and individual attention.
- The clinic is well-organized, clean, and professional, with minimal wait times and no drama or loitering.
New Season Treatment Center – Greensboro
207 S Westgate Dr Suites G-J, Greensboro, NC 27407Overall, the majority of reviewers had positive experiences at this Methadone treatment center. They praised specific staff members, such as Preston and Juanita, for their kindness, professionalism, and support. Some reviewers mentioned that the staff treats patients without judgment and creates a welcoming and non-stigmatizing environment. The center was also commended for offering additional services like daily group therapy and accommodating early morning schedules. However, a couple of reviewers did mention a negative interaction with a staff member, but it was resolved promptly when reported.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers praise the friendly and compassionate staff, particularly mentioning Preston, Juanita, Lisa, and other counselors. They are described as supportive, understanding, and easy to talk to.
- Professional handling of issues: Reviewers mention that any issues or grievances they had were handled promptly and professionally, showing that the center takes patient concerns seriously and strives to address them effectively.
- Positive recovery experience: Many reviewers share that the center has been instrumental in their recovery and has helped them turn their lives around. They appreciate the low cost of treatment and the availability of daily group sessions, which they find helpful in their journey towards healing and recovery.
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Many people in recovery rely on methadone as part of their treatment program.
However, methadone can be addictive when misused. You should always take methadone under a healthcare professional’s supervision to prevent unwanted side effects.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
How Does Methadone Work?
Methadone binds with brain receptors activated by other opioids like heroin and morphine. It reduces cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-dependent people who take methadone don’t experience the same kind of euphoria. One of methadone’s benefits is its long duration of action, allowing it to have a slow onset and prolonged effect.
Get Professional Help
BetterHelp can connect you to an addiction and mental health counselor.
Answer a few questions to get started
Forms of Methadone
Various forms of methadone are available, depending on your treatment plan. Your doctor can also determine the best methadone form suitable for you.
Here are the common forms of methadone:3
- Tablet: Methadone tablets are taken orally. You can swallow it whole or mix it in water if it's a dispersible tablet.
- Liquid: You can also take methadone as a liquid. This is usually prescribed to those with difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules. The liquid concentrate contains 10 milligrams of methadone per milliliter.
- Injection: Methadone can also be administered as an injection. It’s an alternative for those who can't take oral medication.
How Long Does Methadone Treatment Usually Last?
It’s recommended to stay on methadone treatment for at least 12 months.4
Some may even be on methadone treatment for 20 years.5 This is because opioid addiction is a chronic condition that requires ongoing to prevent relapse.
Other factors that affect the duration of methadone treatment include:
- The severity of the addiction
- Your response to the treatment
- Overall health
- Specific recovery goals
Once you’ve achieved stability, gradually tapering the methadone dose is essential. It helps minimize any withdrawal symptoms.
Phone, Video, or Live-Chat Support
BetterHelp provides therapy in a way that works for YOU. Fill out the questionnaire, get matched, begin therapy.
Answer a few questions to get started
Possible Side Effects and Risks of Methadone
Methadone also comes with possible side effects and risks. These side effects will vary for everyone depending on their body’s reaction to the drug.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), common side effects of methadone include:1
- Nausea and vomiting
- Slow breathing
- Itchy skin
- Heavy sweating
- Sexual problems
- Mood swings
- Mental clouding
These side effects and risks are why gradual tapering of methadone is essential. It allows you to adjust to fewer doses, reducing the risk of severe side effects.
Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist used for opioid use disorder. It binds with opioid receptors in the brain and helps reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Methadone can be addictive and has side effects, so you should only take methadone under a professional's supervision. Gradually tapering off the drug also prevents any severe side effects.
- “What is Methadone?” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- "How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
- "Understanding the Forms of Methadone.” MedMark Treatment Centers.
- "Methadone." The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021.
- Malervy J. "How long should you be on Methadone?" Recovery Centers of America.
- "How much does opioid treatment cost?" National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2021.
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started