Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Near Newark, OH
The journey to sobriety is different for everyone, but they all start somewhere. There are several good options in Newark for treatment.
Each provides specialized treatment for people struggling with substance abuse disorders. However, finding a good fit for you can be hard, if not overwhelming.
We’ve made a directory to help you find some of the best rehab centers in your area. We used AI to sort through 88 of Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, so you don’t have to.
We based this directory on the following:
- Reviews and testimonials
- Specialized programs
- Location and Facilities
- Treatment options
- Insurance and payment options
This directory will help you filter through the different treatment centers and find the right one for you. Whether you’re a local to the area or looking to travel for care, these addiction treatment centers near Newark can cater to your needs.
Top 8 Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers Near Newark, OH
1445 W Main St, Newark, OH 43055Brightview on West Main Street in Newark is highly praised by reviewers. They are described as down to earth, caring, and life-saving. The staff is friendly, respectful, and welcoming, making patients feel like family. Patients appreciate the compassionate and thorough care they receive, and some feel that Brightview has truly given them their lives back. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this addiction treatment center.
- The staff at BrightView addiction treatment center in Newark, Ohio is described as down-to-earth, caring, friendly, and helpful.
- The center is praised for the fast and efficient service, as well as the respectful and personalized approach to treatment.
- Patients have mentioned feeling supported and not judged by the staff, with the center being described as a hidden gem with a group of caring individuals who genuinely want to help others.
974 N 21st St, Newark, OH 43055The addiction treatment center is praised for its knowledgeable and caring staff who genuinely want to help people recover from addiction. Patients appreciate the help they receive for their addiction or pain management needs. However, there are some negative experiences reported, such as long wait times and issues with a specific doctor's approach.
- The staff and doctors at this addiction treatment center are knowledgeable, understanding, and caring.
- The center is recommended for those seeking help for addiction or pain management, as they provide effective support and treatment.
- The staff genuinely want to help people recover and are caring in their approach.
The Recovery Center
201 S Columbus St, Lancaster, OH 43130This addiction treatment center has received positive reviews from clients who have found healing and support here. Many have praised the therapy sessions and the assistance provided by peer support workers and psychiatrists. Clients appreciate the emphasis on personal effort and commitment to recovery.
- Comprehensive treatment options: This addiction treatment center offers a wide range of services, including therapy, peer support, and psychiatric consultations. Patients have mentioned that these comprehensive treatment options have been effective in helping them heal from addiction and mental health issues.
- Supportive and caring environment: The center is described as a place that provides a supportive and caring environment. Patients appreciate the love they receive from the staff and the positive atmosphere that encourages healing. This aspect can be particularly beneficial for individuals who are serious about their recovery journey.
Licking County Alcoholism Prevention Program
62 E Stevens St, Newark, OH 43055The addiction treatment center has had a positive impact on individuals' lives, with one reviewer mentioning success in their recovery journey and achieving personal milestones such as having kids and a fulfilling career. The receptionist Courtney received praise for her friendly and helpful demeanor, providing a positive experience for visitors to the center.
- Effective Program: One reviewer mentioned that they went through the program and have been in recovery for 4 years, with a stable life and successful career. This suggests that the addiction treatment center has an effective program that can lead to long-term recovery.
- Supportive Staff: While one reviewer had a negative experience with the "outreach" worker, they did mention that the receptionist, Courtney, was always friendly and helpful. This indicates that at least some staff members are supportive and provide a positive experience for clients.
14882 OH-13, Thornville, OH 43076The addiction treatment center is highly praised for its compassionate and respectful staff, including the receptionist, doctors, counselors, and owner. Patients feel comfortable opening up and appreciate the genuine care they receive. The team's understanding of addiction and their ability to push patients without overwhelming them are key reasons why many keep coming back for support.
- The staff and counselors are highly compassionate and caring, treating patients with respect and genuinely caring for their well-being.
- The team at the addiction treatment center consists of people who have personal experience with addiction, allowing them to better understand and relate to the struggles of patients.
- The center has multiple locations, making it convenient and accessible for those in need of help.
Freedom Recovery: Addiction Treatment
3140 E Broad St #100, Columbus, OH 43209The addiction treatment center received overwhelmingly positive reviews from users. The reviews consistently praised the knowledgeable and caring staff members, who provided excellent support and guidance throughout the recovery process. Users also highlighted the center's comfortable facilities and various therapy options, which contributed to their successful rehabilitation journeys.
- The staff at this addiction treatment center were extremely knowledgeable and caring. They made sure to provide personalized treatment plans that were catered to individual needs."
- I was impressed with the variety of therapeutic activities offered at this center. They had everything from group counseling sessions to outdoor recreational activities, which helped create a well-rounded and holistic approach to recovery."
Mental Health and Recovery for Licking and Knox Counties
1435 W Main St B, Newark, OH 43055The addiction treatment center has a compassionate and caring staff who genuinely look after their patients. Visitors have expressed their positive experiences and feel well taken care of at the facility.
- Caring staff: The addiction treatment center has a very nice and caring staff who are dedicated to the well-being of their patients.
- Patient-centered approach: The center shows a genuine concern for patients by providing a supportive and compassionate environment, creating a positive experience for those seeking substance abuse rehabilitation.
Summer Bloom Recovery, LLC
215 E Main St, Newark, OH 43055The addiction treatment center has an amazing and supportive staff who make clients feel at home. They provide not just counseling, but also resources and assistance with finding jobs, clothes, and housing. The center's outpatient program is also highly regarded, with the staff always willing to help, even in crisis situations.
- Supportive and non-judgmental staff: The staff at this addiction treatment center is known for being supportive, non-judgmental, and making clients feel like family. They provide a safe and comfortable environment for individuals seeking help.
- Comprehensive resources and assistance: In addition to counseling, this center offers a wide range of resources and assistance, including help with finding jobs, housing, and clothes. They are dedicated to helping individuals rebuild their lives and provide the necessary support outside of counseling.
- Convenient outpatient program: The outpatient program offered by this addiction treatment center is highly regarded. They have a flexible approach, allowing clients to walk in multiple times a day if needed and provide support during crisis situations. This level of accessibility is beneficial for individuals requiring immediate assistance and support.
Types of Rehab Available
The best treatment depends on the severity of your addiction, family and living situation, personal needs, and other factors.
There are a few different treatment options for people who are looking for help with their addiction.
Inpatient centers are the most comprehensive option for addiction treatment. You live on-site in substance-free housing and have 24/7 access to qualified professional care.
They provide medically supervised detox, behavioral therapy, and other services. Most inpatient programs last 30, 60, or 90 days, while some last longer. Most programs will set up your aftercare program once you complete inpatient treatment.
This type of treatment is best for people who don't have control over their addiction and need medical supervision to stay sober.
Outpatient treatment is less comprehensive than inpatient treatment. Your treatment is organized around your schedule. They provide therapy, education, and other support services on-site, but you return to your home afterward.
Outpatient programs can work on their own as a comprehensive treatment plan or be a part of an aftercare plan.
They are best for people with a high motivation level to become sober. They are also a good option for people who cannot leave responsibilities, such as family, work, or school obligations.
Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), also called intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), are more comprehensive than outpatient programs but less comprehensive than inpatient programs.
They provide similar services to inpatient programs, including medical services, behavioral therapy, and support groups. The biggest difference is that in a PHP, you return home to sleep. Sometimes food and transportation services are provided, but this varies by program.
New patients with a consistent home life and support system can benefit from PHPs. Patients who finish an inpatient program but still need intensive treatment may also enroll in a PHP.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Co-occurring disorders are when you simultaneously have an addiction and a mental health disorder. Doctors call co-occurring addiction and mental illness a dual diagnosis.
If you have a dual diagnosis, you should go to a treatment center that provides dual diagnosis treatment. They have cross-trained therapists who have experience treating mental illnesses along with addiction.
Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT)
Some medications can help reduce the side effects of detoxification and withdrawal. Others can help reduce cravings and normalize body functions for certain types of addictions.
MAT can help prevent relapse and increase your chance of recovery when combined with other evidence-based therapies.
Online Therapy Can Help
Over 3 million people use BetterHelp. Their services are:
- Professional and effective
- Affordable and convenient
- Personalized and discreet
- Easy to start
Answer a few questions to get started
Questions to Ask When Looking for a Rehab Center
Here are 10 questions to ask the intake specialist when you call:
- Is your treatment center licensed and accredited?
- What are your staff’s qualifications?
- Is the facility experienced in treating your condition(s)
- Is my insurance accepted here?
- What type of treatment methods do your programs use?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio?
- Who develops the treatment plan?
- How long are your treatment programs?
- Do you help set up continuing care services after the program?
- Does your treatment program provide family support?
Get matched with an affordable mental health counselorFind a Therapist
Answer a few questions to get started